Server Review Of My Experience On A Servers "Shatteried Skies"

Reaction score
    Hello Starmade Community, my name is Eldiwyn and as im not active on the starmadedocks many of you guys may know me from the servers themselves. I am writing a review for the server I play on the most, help found, fund, and even helped maintain. Im going to first state what is good about this server and why I think that, then ill go into why its bad since not everything is perfect and lets be real, everything has bad apples.

Whats good about Shatteried Skies

1. When the starting admin team left Mushroom Fleet, Raiben, Zy, Dalmont and Saber came to each and everyone of us (Mostly players from Imperium) to become Admins and help run this server. Everything was good, we agreed on mostly everything. This was said to be "the best admin team" in the game.
    2. We made an amazing spawn that the scale and detail was impressive on if you were new to the game.
    3. We had custom pirates that were a challenge.
    4. Custom Server Events
    5. Build Sectors
    6. Strong PVP, and Creative Community
    7. Well known players
    8. Server logs for the Devs
    9. Fun environment, Or so i thought (Ill get to later)

Now thats everyone that was promised and frankly for the first year it was as stated, then as the fall of 2015 came around it started to go down hill. The next section will be my negative review of the server.

If you still follow SS since this year of April then you noticed I was demoted from the Admin team and here is why. Since Nov of 2015 I have been bothering or some would say "attacking" the founders about admin abuse and admins breaking rules of the admin team. These players were Guthris, and Chckn_Wildstyle. From that time and to this moment they broke the rules and the foundation of what we formed the server on. Even did what we fought to stop and why we left MushroomFleet.
    They trolled the players
    Disrespected everyone
    Exploited
    Told other admins to not help players since the players were "dumb'
    Did not respect other players beliefs or thoughts

On Jan 30 I came up with a list of 11 points for the admin team on what they both did. When i presented them to the team, they were ignored, discarded, and even in some cases thought to not be rule breaking. Some of these can be nit picky but as an admin it was important since it shows character and frankly if this WAS a job would not be tolerated.

1. Doing NOTHING after the cargo was finished. I have not seen them doing any admin-ing since the cargo was finished after the reset.
    2. Putting peoples cargo into their stations with ADMIN commands. They told other admins they took the cargo that was unclaimed and put it into their station. WITH ADMIN COMMANDS! (Guthris's Doing)
    3. Ignoring other admins when they ask for info to admin. Me and atheu asked them multiple times with poke, PM and voice, on the commands and how to set up their Events. They ignored us, and told us they are watching South Park. In Admin Quarters
    4. Talking about admin information in lounge. Talked to EVN about his "Admin" in lounge when it should have been brought to private channel.
    5. Trash talking in Lounge and not in a private channel. Talks shit about admins in the lounge, started a flame war in the lounge on 1-28
    6. Using an Exploit (Rail Exploit) Chicken used it the first day after Atheu caught him, told him to stop, and he still did it. He than proceeded to come into the Admin Channel and state "Im going to make an executive decision on the rail "exploit" to allow it bc it can do this this and this"
    7. Starting and participating in a flame war on the forums representing SS admin and even stating information about ADMIN stuff on the forums about SS.
    8. Talking over me and other admins when we are trying to help players on the server DURING the flame war. We had to drag us out to hear each other.
    9. Chicken Threatened to ban players and admins after he kicked chicken from the TS because chicken played an trollish sound clip in the channel.
    10. Have talked shit many many many times about the server owners, All 4 to be exact about issues and their lives.
    11. Started an admin argument, and argued with me on server after he used "Sass" verses me and i told him to stop, and he did not. (Guthris)

Now above was just 1 day on 2 admins in the team. From the start of they year the whole admin team started to move apart from each other and did our own things. Events slowed down, action slowed down and frankly the server slowing died out. Thus trying to get 2 toxic admins removed from the team got my admin removed, seems fair enough right?

Its just not these events that are negative about the server, as the team moved apart we stopped doing stuff on the server which only left 2-3 admins active and frankly we cant do everything since we were always out voted, but we were there the most, logical i guess. Thus players started leaving for nothing to do, leaving due to admin abuse and cheating and nothing happening to people who break rules. And thus my final point. The whole admin team was controlled by a small group of trolls who only wanted things to benefit themselves.

Shatteried Skies was and is a great server, it has the foundation for what everyone wants in the game, but as life goes on you soon find out flaws in everything. I still like the community and everyone in it, but i dont tolerate cheaters, disrespect and trolls.

Since im no longer part of the team I cant gain any more information that goes on inside, but I still acquire the information I knew before I was thrown under the bus.

As of sometime in July, Raiben, Saber, Zy, and Dalmont are stepping down to run the server due to many reasons, they really were not active this year much anyways so not a big deal right? Well you need to think whos going to take over. I have compilied a list of admins that said and/or taking over command and they are Chicken, Guthis, Osirus, Gorn. 3 out of the 4 players are the biggest trolls in the SS community so thats just my 2 cents.

My overall rating of the server out of 10 will be a 7. Why a 7 after everything i said? Well mostly because even tho i said all those bad stuff the server is still savable to be what we stated in the start and generally I always had a good time even in the worst times.
    Good Picture to sum this all up :

Reactions: Sachys and Lecic

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    This will go over well.

Reaction score
    I changed servers because of specific admins on SS. Along with a lot of other players.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    So we pretty much have zero chance of the SS badmin problem being sorted? Guess it's time to either get EE2.0 (FINALLY) or think about supporting a new server.

ZeroRa

Vaygr Representative
    Reaction score
    Oh this is an audio recording proving Atheu & guthris abusing their power and stealing ships
    This conversation was between Zoro and Eldiwyn (one of the staff that showed his integrity)
    admin abuse.mp4

Funny that this happened months ago

Reaction score
    Oh this is an audio recording proving Atheu & guthris abusing their power and stealing ships
    This conversation was between Zoro and Eldiwyn (one of the staff that showed his integrity)
    admin abuse.mp4

Funny that this happened months ago
    Yes even tho i hated the faction and knew you boys were cheating, i put my pvp aspects aside and did my admin job. Yes atheu spawned in their ships but that was to check for exploits. I dont remember what Guthris was doing but it could have been to see specs and weapon testing. I THINK, but i dont remember.

ZeroRa

Vaygr Representative
    Reaction score
    Yes even tho i hated the faction and knew you boys were cheating, i put my pvp aspects aside and did my admin job. Yes atheu spawned in their ships but that was to check for exploits. I dont remember what Guthris was doing but it could have been to see specs and weapon testing. I THINK, but i dont remember.
    One person hacked and was removed until he got is act together, this was by us not any ss staff member. He was in CR at the time. He had ghost blocks on his ship.

The Vaygr ships were stolen and blueprinted. There was no excuse for that at all.

Reaction score
    One person hacked and was removed until he got is act together, this was by us not any ss staff member. He was in CR at the time. He had ghost blocks on his ship.

The Vaygr ships were stolen and blueprinted. There was no excuse for that at all.
    Oh i agree
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464833340,1464832335][/DOUBLEPOST]As per 6/1/2016, Instead of guthris and chicken talking to me when all 3 of us were on. they lied ignored and hid behind text chat since they knew they were wrong. I was banned from SS. Farewell SS

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Is it just me, or is the rate of anti-server, anti-mod, anti-whatever bitching at an above-average level this week?

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    So.

Did anyone seriously not see this coming?

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Pretty much everyone except for the half a million one-man-factions complained about the badmins. Didn't work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm pretty sure the concept of "Admins should not participate in factions politics at all" thing wasent understood. Credit where it is due, the team did well in setting up build sectors for people, helping out when we were in need from time to time, but when cobalt war dec'ed Imperium you could really feel the bias start to kick in, random god mode admins start poping up at our home base in cores saying they are on "admin patrol" etc

Plus chicken wildstyle is a dick I'm sure everyone agrees. Can't say I missed being on that server.

Reactions: Sachys