Star Wars Theme Skin Poll

What Star Wars skins would you like to see made next?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello,

I am AdmiralGialAckbar00, messenger of The Alliance To Restore The Republic. We are very fascinated with your skins and we ask if we may use them on our Star Wars themed server. If you allow us to use your skins, we will give full credit for making them. We will modify them to meet our standards, however the credit will still be yours. You will also have the option to be invited to join our community and become a shipwright or an admiral in a faction.

We hope you accept our terms.

Sincerely,
    AdmiralGialAckbar00
    StarMade Dock Messenger
    Alliance to Restore the Republic

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hello,

I am AdmiralGialAckbar00, messenger of The Alliance To Restore The Republic. We are very fascinated with your skins and we ask if we may use them on our Star Wars themed server. If you allow us to use your skins, we will give full credit for making them. We will modify them to meet our standards, however the credit will still be yours. You will also have the option to be invited to join our community and become a shipwright or an admiral in a faction.

We hope you accept our terms.

Sincerely,
    AdmiralGialAckbar00
    StarMade Dock Messenger
    Alliance to Restore the Republic
    You may use my skins if you like. However, I'm sorry but I am not interested in joining your faction or server.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Hello,

Terms Accepted.
    Modifications are always allowed on the skins I put out publicly (definitely on the clone/rebel troopers). The community invitation will be held until further notice, when bounty hunting mechanics make the trade more lucrative on a server.

As for new skins... Please stand by for further details coming soon.

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Now this is a fellow mando with good ideals! I've been passing my time building new ships! But i agree they need to make bounty hunting more lucrative!

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    MOVED FROM KUPU'S THREAD

What kind of Jedi? Generics or actual Characters? Will you include Jedi Dave?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    MOVED FROM KUPU'S THREAD

What kind of Jedi? Generics or actual Characters? Will you include Jedi Dave?
    Haha, knew I'd get some sort of response from that post :P
    First one coming out is Jedi Dave, just because more Dave = more Starmade fun!
    I have a Dark Jedi Dave in the works, and then I will either start on the Sith or do a couple classic Star Wars Jedi, e.g. Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin, etc.

Also, thank you Syleiel, it was a real fun time making that one!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    @Boba_Fett Incredible work on your rebel pilot skin. Can we expect anymore? :D
    Thank you, since you posted the question in two locations I will answer twice! I would like to get a classic rebel trooper out there one day, however it is not near the top of my list... More skins in general is a definitive yes! :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Nice work! I especially enjoy how you incorporated the hoods.
    (Do you mean "Sith" when you're refering to "Dark Jedi"?)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Nice work! I especially enjoy how you incorporated the hoods.
    (Do you mean "Sith" when you're refering to "Dark Jedi"?)
    They technically can be Sith if you choose, however these ones were made using the same Jedi skin template, and thus they are Dark Jedi :P Often Sith are very unique and due to their more violent nature, there are often far fewer of them at any given time. The term Dark Jedi can really be used to describe anyone who can and does use the Dark Side of the Force and is not a Sith. Wookipedia has a great article on them here.

Reaction score
    I'd love to see some more Mando armor skins (especially custom/original designs, with kamas, pauldrons, lights, etc.)! Do u think u could make a few grayscale templates that could be repainted without having to muck around with textures and shadows too much? However, I do love glowy lights on my armor, much like republic commando Katarn armor, so some versions with customizable "lights" would be nice. I think all this is possible, though it was a... learning experience for me to just create a custom Mando helmet with glowing blue lights and visor, and it doesn't even hold a candle to the quality of your work! (Note: on my helmet, I made the face plate and visor wrap half way around the side of the helmet, and was curious why on most of your helmets you keep the visor only on the front?)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'd love to see some more Mando armor skins (especially custom/original designs, with kamas, pauldrons, lights, etc.)! Do u think u could make a few grayscale templates that could be repainted without having to muck around with textures and shadows too much? However, I do love glowy lights on my armor, much like republic commando Katarn armor, so some versions with customizable "lights" would be nice. I think all this is possible, though it was a... learning experience for me to just create a custom Mando helmet with glowing blue lights and visor, and it doesn't even hold a candle to the quality of your work! (Note: on my helmet, I made the face plate and visor wrap half way around the side of the helmet, and was curious why on most of your helmets you keep the visor only on the front?)
    Mandalorian Armor may or may not be next on my list... ;) When I make them I have already been planning on creating several versions (different colours, and of course glowy lights :) )

As for the visor wrap-around: Picture your own head, now make it a cube (and thus we have Dave) you will notice his face is on the front. That is the main reason I put the visor on the front :P Now that being said often helmets do have a wrap around visor on a curved helmet, I find that the dimensions of the cube helmet that Starmade allows us to work with make for a terribly out of proportion helmet if you bring things around from the front. With a Mandalorian helmet you lose the iconic "T" shape as it gets stretched into an awkward "-t-" shape, etc. With helmets with a larger visor (e.g. Samus Aran's helmet, which I have not had a chance to do yet) I would definitely experiment with the wrap-around.

How well did your experience work? I would be intrigued to see a screenshot :)

Reactions: philthy mcnasty

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Finally mando skins but tooo late for me im already having a friend do mine for me

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You know... I don't actually mind how they wrap around... Hmmm... now you have me thinking for the Mandalorians :P

Finally mando skins but tooo late for me im already having a friend do mine for me
    No problem, mine might take a bit to create anyway, Master's degree homework is distracting ;)
    Post a picture when you get it though! I would love to see what your friend can come up with.