Star Wars inspired Textures, WIP, Feedback appreciated

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So, how is this project coming along? Haven't heard anything new about it in a while... I love progress shown so far!

Reaction score
    So, how is this project coming along? Haven't heard anything new about it in a while... I love progress shown so far!
    I remember having done some simple textures and redone cannons. I also decided to make regular hull flat, mainly for compatibility with the default textures. Hopefully we will get additional hull types of some kind where I can reuse the current ones.
    There were/are a few blockers however, like the now finished stations contest, RL, several other projects (for instance, I am currently working on another template processing program), and game updates.
    Also, I want to update my texture preprocessor first, to fix some minor issues that came alongside game updates.

Long story short, this is not discontinued, I intend to finish it some day.

Reactions: Rissaach
    Reaction score
    I've been fooling around a lot with Blender lately. Haven't baked any textures, but here, have two renders instead.

Shield recharger—heavily inspired by the shield generator on Y-wings
    shield_recharger.png

Metal grill—you can see those everywhere in the original trilogy. Floors on almost every starship (including the Millenium Falcon, Star Destroyers and the Death Star) are made of it, also Darth Vader is standing on it in the scene in Cloud City.
    metal_grill.png

More immediate plans involve doors, more glass textures, effect blocks and computers/screens. I will be doing a different texture for each effect, the same goes for many other groups of blocks. I'm definitely ditching those hulls I started with, at least for everything except Grey Hull.
    However, I still don't know what to make of ingots and rod lights. Rod lights are outright ugly and I don't think I will be able to change this with my own textures—I don't see any real purpose in them. Maybe I should open up another thread, asking players what they use certain kinds of blocks for.
    Also, I've just watched the first Star Wars movie for the ~9th time this year, and made a ton of screenshots for later reference (again). I seem to spot several new details everytime I watch those films.

Reaction score
    Whoa, these look cool :D

Nice to see you've semi/maybe/possibly started this up again :3

D

Deleted member 392097

Wow! I can't wait for that texture pack to be completed! :D

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Your textures are really nice and clean

I was wondering after some thought would there be way to apply a cover over skin as seen here where the pattern is generated over the entire ship so the entire ship is always different rather than having 1000 peculiar blocks to do the same job, so you could do one side and mirror over to the other side, large areas or spans this way too not getting spammed with a rinse and repeat of long hallways dizzy syndrome travelling across surfaces lol, some people enjoy that:) The detail patterns across ships as there are so many to pick a few for building a generated look.

Reaction score
    Your textures are really nice and clean

I was wondering after some thought would there be way to apply a cover over skin as seen here where the pattern is generated over the entire ship so the entire ship is always different rather than having 1000 peculiar blocks to do the same job, so you could do one side and mirror over to the other side, large areas or spans this way too not getting spammed with a rinse and repeat of long hallways dizzy syndrome travelling across surfaces lol, some people enjoy that:) The detail patterns across ships as there are so many to pick a few for building a generated look.
    The term is "connected textures", and there is currently no way to do that in the vanilla game. I would love that, too, and would instantly prepare my advanced armor for this. We also talked about it on Kupu's thread and it is being considered for future game updates, but no immediate plans are there, though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    How's this going mate? So much potential that's gone quiet D: