Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    True different colors will certainly add a greeble and detail bonus

Reaction score
    I'm trying to maintain a palette of base colors. Appropriate shading and stain will be added later. :)

Decorative Panel 3. Considering it took me a ridiculous amount of time to make it turned out rather boring. Colors are chosen arbitrarily and are subject to change.
    starmade-screenshot-0072.png

Reaction score
    I'm still alive. Did Disintegrators, doors, lights, ice crystals and lava.

Open the blast doors! Open the blast doors!
    starmade-screenshot-0076.png

Disintegrators. I wanted to make them look like Rhydonium containers, but when I was halfway done I realized that, since I've only one face, this would look like crap. I therefore took some picture of a mine that I found on Wookieepedia und used that as a reference.
    starmade-screenshot-0077.png

I've decided to make Ice crystals and lava plain, single colored and unanimated textures. These are their primary requirements, after all.
    starmade-screenshot-0075.png starmade-screenshot-0074.png

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The crystals would look more Star Wars if they were darker Blue ;)

Reaction score
    I've taken the colors from movie screenshots, but I agree. Getting the lights right is not as easy as one would expect. :/
    Sneak peek. Ambient occlusion of <redacted> block's WIP top face. Hopefully that will also look like something ingame.
    ambient_3.png

Reaction score
    der_scheme great idea with bring out the possibility with the pipe work. I need to give that a try just got to be careful with making it too busy.

Haven't did pipe work in a while, here like the last stuff i did.
    Pipes.png

plate3.png

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Maybe you should make a few "new" decorative blocks with some colors of hull nobody ever uses, and edit their values in config.

Ideas:
    • Stronger glass: basically transform hardened orange or green hull (nobody uses it anyways) into a clear block, and change the name and values in config.
    • Change RGB light values: In config, you can also modify light color outputs. A few places where this could be applied are in plex lights (they always show up blue in the movies, like a search light), in power tanks (they also glow blue, you just don't see the radiation feel in star wars, or maybe red), and in shield blocks(make them glow the average color of the texture or yellow, I don't know for this one, you decide).
    • Power conduits: you can change a flower or 2 into this, make it like a box, and change the light value too.
    • Rusty hull: just a simple texture change, shouldn't be that hard. Maybe make it look like that rusty chamber in the death star for episode 4.

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Hey I use Orange! Were getting 24 or something new decor blocks change one of those!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I do like the idea of stronger glass and rusty hull... but that sounds like something to request for a future StarMade update, rather than the responsibility of a texture pack artist. Now, changing RGB light values, that seems more appropriate for this kind of work.

Reaction score
    Stronger glass: basically transform hardened orange or green hull (nobody uses it anyways) into a clear block, and change the name and values in config.
    I believe a great Chinese philosopher once said "If you cannot use the green hull, or the orange hull, you cannot use any hull at all."

...really though, I use green hull for my Federation cruisers and space stations, making it one of the most important colors in my own personal universe/local server.

Rusty hull: just a simple texture change, shouldn't be that hard. Maybe make it look like that rusty chamber in the death star for episode 4.
    I also think rusty or rusted hull would be very useful for a variety of reasons. I actually specifically have a pseudo-pirate faction I plan to add to my universe someday known as the Rusters. Sort of a derogatory term for them that they decided to pick up and use to further unite them, it is composed of the outcasts of society who can only resort to piracy but lack the funds for any real ships, thus relying on using patched-up versions of corroded/rusted derelicts found around the galaxy, such as those crash landed on planets.

Err, yeah. A little off-topic, but I personally would love to see rust added as an official hull.

I do like the idea of stronger glass and rusty hull... but that sounds like something to request for a future StarMade update, rather than the responsibility of a texture pack artist. Now, changing RGB light values, that seems more appropriate for this kind of work.
    Agreed. Though getting ideal RGB light values to fit different themes of the source material (Star Wars) would require quite a bit of finesse. ;) If done right, it could give the extra edge in the look of the pack, making interiors look more like the various sets and places of Star Wars.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Maybe you should make a few "new" decorative blocks with some colors of hull nobody ever uses, and edit their values in config.

Ideas:
    • Stronger glass: basically transform hardened orange or green hull (nobody uses it anyways) into a clear block, and change the name and values in config.
    • Change RGB light values: In config, you can also modify light color outputs. A few places where this could be applied are in plex lights (they always show up blue in the movies, like a search light), in power tanks (they also glow blue, you just don't see the radiation feel in star wars, or maybe red), and in shield blocks(make them glow the average color of the texture or yellow, I don't know for this one, you decide).
    • Power conduits: you can change a flower or 2 into this, make it like a box, and change the light value too.
    • Rusty hull: just a simple texture change, shouldn't be that hard. Maybe make it look like that rusty chamber in the death star for episode 4.
    I use green, and i am planning to use orange after the update...
    Honestly, they are perfect as stripes on white or brown hull. Hell, any color looks great as striping on white or brown hull. Can't we just simply make new blocks, like is done in the Immersive Blocks mod?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I use green, and i am planning to use orange after the update...
    Honestly, they are perfect as stripes on white or brown hull. Hell, any color looks great as striping on white or brown hull. Can't we just simply make new blocks, like is done in the Immersive Blocks mod?
    Yes you can, but its a real pain in the back. What I usually do is change an existing block such as a decorative block, or a hull color that nobody uses. With the new version coming out, there are more blocks to modify than before.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Yes you can, but its a real pain in the back. What I usually do is change an existing block such as a decorative block, or a hull color that nobody uses. With the new version coming out, there are more blocks to modify than before.
    Rather a pain in the back than limiting block choice, right?