Star Trek Voyager

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello!
    First post here, been working on a replica of the Star Trek Voyager. The idea is to have it be fully functional and operational as an Intrepid class starship. This is the first thing I have ever built on StarMade, and I am sure you will see the learning curve as I progress through the decks. Productive criticism is welcomed!

Deck 1: Still needs to be covered in grey hull, escape pods designed and docked, the actual escape hatches redesigned RE: new rail/turret system.
    Screenshot 2015-06-05 09.16.52.png
    Each deck I build I find I am tweaking the profile of the hull...
    Screenshot 2015-06-05 09.17.11.png
    Thrusters on top are purely temporary. From the bottom up you can make out
    the Captains quarters, mess hall, bridge.
    Screenshot 2015-06-05 09.17.36.png

Inside the Captains quarters.
    Screenshot 2015-06-05 09.17.53.png

Bathroom with a view...
    Screenshot 2015-06-05 09.18.13.png

The aforementioned escape hatches that can now be more smoothly integrated into the profile of the hull, yay updates!!
    Screenshot 2015-06-05 09.18.32.png

Quick view of the bridge. Lots of aesthetic work to be done on the entire interior. The idea is to "rough it in" and then work on the details to flesh it out.
    Screenshot 2015-06-05 09.18.51.png

I will try to update you as regularly as possible.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    like just because this is the first new thread i've seen in days and because it looks dope

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hi,

Nice to see another person trying to build a Voyager.
    It took me half a year to build mine. I am curious to see how your Voyager will turn out.
    Btw. i build a system to eject the Warpcore, but with the new system i might remove the warpnarcelles and make them a docked entity to tilt them before going to Warp.​
    [/URL][/IMG]

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    like just because this is the first new thread i've seen in days and because it looks dope
    Thanks!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1433968802,1433968379][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hi,

Nice to see another person trying to build a Voyager.
    It took me half a year to build mine. I am curious to see how your Voyager will turn out.
    Btw. i build a system to eject the Warpcore, but with the new system i might remove the warpnarcelles and make them a docked entity to tilt them before going to Warp.​
    [/URL][/IMG]
    Your Voyager looks awesome! Yeah, I'm super excited about the capabilities that rails will allow. Definitely planning on trying to get the nacels to adjust when going into warp. I'm already running into issues getting rails to work for the turbolifts. Fingers crossed for the next update to work out some of the bugs with rails...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I know in minecraft there's a complete 1:1 scale Voyager on the MineTrek server I used to visit. It's great. If someone could download that ship and transfer it into Starmade, that would be awesome and would save on needing to hand build them. I think I'll go try to get that.

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    im not much on star trek but the voyager series caught my fancy im curious to see where this build go's try to add the landing gear with the rail system as well it is possible and the landing gear of the voyager is a unique design all on its own!

Reaction score
    Is it possible for one of you to post your Voyager on the community content page? I'd love to pilot one :).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Threads a bit on the dead side friend.
    That doesn't mean there aren't people keeping an eye on it hoping something happens, waiting for someone to post a better ship. I'd especially to see a rail elevator in the engineering section.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I will post everything once it completes. Just finishing up the busy season at work, should be able to dedicate my life more thoroughly to StarMade soon.

Reactions: Super_Dork_42
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    So, some updates. I have installed two operational turbo lifts. I simply don't have the room inside the ship to make it 100% accurate to Voyager but it is close. The first one moves up, down, and sideways. The second one moves up, down, and sideways and makes stops on three decks. I also completed two tank rooms. The white tanks are water tanks, the red tanks are organic waste slurry tanks. I put a bunch of thrusters honeycombed inside a few of the other tanks. I have also completed two of the smaller transporter rooms, some security holding cells, and some Jeffries tubes.
    Screenshot 2015-10-16 19.38.18.jpg
    Security Cell. Switch opens and closes glass door. Screenshot 2015-10-16 19.38.31.jpg
    Eventually I think I will redo the cell walls black? Who knows.
    Screenshot 2015-10-16 19.38.53.jpg
    A Jeffries tube.
    Screenshot 2015-10-16 19.39.18.jpg
    Small transporter room.
    Screenshot 2015-10-16 19.39.42.jpg
    Tank room.
    Screenshot 2015-10-16 19.39.59.jpg
    Tank room.
    Screenshot 2015-10-16 19.40.29.jpg
    Bottom level turbolift. Button will call the turbolift if it is not there and you need it.
    Screenshot 2015-10-16 19.40.54 copy.jpg
    Interior shot of turbolift. It is not entirely closed in but it has a gravity box on it so you don't slide out. It isn't as pretty as I'd like but it does the job.
    Screenshot 2015-10-16 19.41.11 copy.jpg
    Door on the middle deck for the turbolift. Button will call it if it is not there. Once inside you can select up or down using the appropriate button.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    That is looking amazing. I can't wait to see it uploaded when it's done. Will it have the detachable saucer section and captain's yacht? Or at the least the yacht.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks! I'm just starting the 7th season of Voyager and to date there has been no mention of saucer-separation. All research I have done seems to suggest that it was not designed to do that unlike the Enterprise. The yacht, although never used in the show, is a definite for me. I remember being excited about rails when they were first announced because of the abilities it would give for the yacht docking bay as it is located under the belly of the saucer.
    Thank you for your interest in this project. I am still so far away from complete, but am getting back into a groove of working away at it.
    More updates to follow!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I don't remember seeing it separate in the show but according to some plans I found online it does have that capacity. But since it wasn't in the show though, I don't think it would be missed. The landing legs and rotating warp nacelles would be a nice touch too, but not totally necessary either of course.

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don't remember seeing it separate in the show but according to some plans I found online it does have that capacity. But since it wasn't in the show though, I don't think it would be missed. The landing legs and rotating warp nacelles would be a nice touch too, but not totally necessary either of course.
    Well DAMNIT if it is supposed to be able to it will be able to. The rotating nacels are a definite, I already have a plan for how to make them. Landing legs I will have,but that is going to take some thinking. I'm working top deck down so I'm not quite into the guts of her yet. That sounded dirtier than intended...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    im not much on star trek but the voyager series caught my fancy im curious to see where this build go's try to add the landing gear with the rail system as well it is possible and the landing gear of the voyager is a unique design all on its own!
    Landing gears are definitely going to be featured. As well as the nacelles that move into "warp position"!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1445363562,1445363506][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Is it possible for one of you to post your Voyager on the community content page? I'd love to pilot one :).
    I will absolutely when it is completed, but that may be a while... :(
    [DOUBLEPOST=1445363866][/DOUBLEPOST]The first holodeck is complete. I think it looks pretty dope. Screenshot 2015-10-20 13.45.31.jpg

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Oh thank you. Basically every one I've seen was by someone that put the TNG holodeck instead of making it actually look like the Voyager one.

Reaction score
    Landing gears are definitely going to be featured. As well as the nacelles that move into "warp position"!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1445363562,1445363506][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I will absolutely when it is completed, but that may be a while... :(
    [DOUBLEPOST=1445363866][/DOUBLEPOST]The first holodeck is complete. I think it looks pretty dope.View attachment 17274
    Huh, cool. You should totally put in some plex doors that make cool designs when you press the "Begin program" button.