Splitting stacked/multi blocks to sell

Reaction score
    You use to be able to sort out hull/standard/advanced blocks types once the are stacked in a group, just by right clicking on the stack. Now i cant break the stack down to sell them.

Pawn

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Known bug.
    Probably the most annoying one for builders.

See these threads
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/object-is-unknown-on-server-re-requesting.20479/

http://starmadedock.net/threads/cannot-split-multi-slot-after-update-v0-19401.20497/

Every update brings more unhappyness and woes.
    ShipYards are great, but obvious bugs like these show a lack of actual play testings by the devs.

I would like to see a hotfix rather than wait weeks for another update.
    But then, I am not a developer and don't know what that entails.
    I just play the game and jump over the growing cracks.
    :rolleyes:

Reaction score
    • Tester
    ShipYards are great, but obvious bugs like these show a lack of actual play testings by the devs.
    yeah .. the day only has 48 hours .. or something like that i hink.
    and depending on the availability of testers from different timezones and despite the hours and hours of them testing ... we even found a glitch for the 19401 hotfix basically seconds AFTER the release.
    So the devbuilds are publicly available and everyone could have found the bugs the Tester team did miss and reported them ... obviously nobody did .. and that is the end of the story. It will get fixed after it is known now.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    yeah .. the day only has 48 hours .. or something like that i hink.
    and depending on the availability of testers from different timezones and despite the hours and hours of them testing ... we even found a glitch for the 19401 hotfix basically seconds AFTER the release.
    So the devbuilds are publicly available and everyone could have found the bugs the Tester team did miss and reported them ... obviously nobody did .. and that is the end of the story. It will get fixed after it is known now.
    I have a question SmilingDemon.

Can we run the dev build client and at the same time play on a release issue server?
    If yes, I will run the dev build straight away as my client, if not, what do you propose?
    My host (theSmelter) only installs public release versions.
    If I need to run a dev build, I am out of luck.
    And single player is pointless as many bugs are multi client and I wish to play with friends anyway.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    No .. you do need two installs (via changing the install path in the game launcher) to play release and Dev Versions.
    other than that there isnt a problem with having more than one game version around.
    the official testserver runs the latest dev builds (that is if someone had time to update, normally within an hour or so)
    and you can join there anytime you like (authentication with registry required nothing else) play.star-made.org:4242

so you could test new stuff, or see if a specific problem is already fixed that is in release, or find out about new features in development
    (if there are any to really try, first iterations of new things are very unstable normally)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Thanks
    Sounds fun and I might well do that.
    You are of course, always welcome on my server.
    :)