Object is unknown on server... re-requesting

Reaction score
    Hey folks,

I have been playing Star made with a few friends for over a week now and it's been loads of fun but today i ran into a problem.

After i updated and tried to run my usual dedicated server i received an error saying: "Object is unknown on server... re-requesting" whenever i try and split any stack of items.

I have tried everything i can think of to try and get rid of this error...
    I have reinstalled the game and the offline 64 bit version of java...
    I have tried running single player and a new multiplayer server.
    I have switched to older builds
    I have tried installing/moving the game into a new directory
    I have tried changing my in-game name
    I have tried running with admin rights..
    and just now i removed everything, java.. the game.. all of it at once and installed it again one by one...

The error is still there...

I didn't see any other report or message saying anything about this problem so i'm hoping someone can help me fix this. It's driving me nuts.. and i really would love to play again. I am playing the steam version of the game.

I'll attach a screenshot with the message on it... it's from a new game where i only bought a block and a wedge and tried to split it.

Attachments

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm getting the same problem after the update. With me it's with my alloyed Metal Mesh. Which I sort of would like to use.. hmm

Edit: I also cannot drop to trash the items and cannot separate them.. So, I figured out a temporary workaround. If you have admin rights on the server, or you know an admin, you can respawn the affected items, BUT, and this is a big but, you can ONLY spawn 1 of the type of item. If you spawn both types of item, they will recombine and you will be back at square one, with unusable items. To spawn in the items, the admin needs to use the "/give" or "/giveid" command. So for my case, I had 10 Alloyed Metal Mesh wedges (which I really don't care about) and 7495 Alloyed Metal Mesh. So I put the combined 10/7495 items into a storage (since I can't get rid of them any other way), and then I typed "/giveid benevolent27 440 7495" into the command console for the server and voila, now I can use em. And no, I'm not going to suddenly give myself everything, since I don't want to cheat on my server. :)
    For blocklist ID's to use with the "/giveid" command, here's a URL: http://nblear.com/geckofleetworks/blocklist/
    If you want to know more admin commands, here's a URL:
    http://www.starmadewiki.com/wiki/Console_Commands

Edit2: I went ahead and submitted a bug report to Phabricator, here: http://phab.starma.de/T541

I'm running:
    Game version: Steam version of StarMade 0.19401 (latest as of today 08-21-15 @ 1:41am EST)
    Server: The dedicated world server, running the batch file.
    Java: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_45-b14)

If any other specs are needed, lemme know. To me, it seems like an item number conflict of some kind.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    It seems it's the update...

I just uninstalled and then started a new game without updating and i can split stacks that way.

Edit: Updating the game to the latest version gave me the error again...

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Correct, issue with the update.
    T529: Multi Block items in inventory do not register as an item.

- Andy

Reaction score
    Work-Around: If you have this (I do!), you can work around it using pulling storage; just put the multi-slot stuff in one storage, and pull things from it, one type at a time, from another storage. Then place them manually somewhere else, and hopefully they won't merge again.