SpaceCube-mature and chill people wanted-no kids being retarded -_--server now dead. . .

Reaction score
    lets hope the problem at hand will be solved soon and of course you\'ll be allowed to join XD

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Partly due to not being able to connect the past few times I trierd. But here are my two cents. ...*scribbles down note to self: build a spaceship shaped like a penny and make two of them* That aside...

Basically, if you set the speed limit too high, it REALLY messes with servers sometimes. Aside from the issue of just making it too easy to spread out and never ever see anyone (factions actually do offer enough potential anti-grief protection that its ok to keep us close together as long as we join one where someone in it actually knows what they are doing and sets up their home base with docking facilities). Overly high speed limits also really screws with ship combat.

Basically, anything above somewhere around 150-200, and servers start having issues with sector detection and loading or something because you start getting into the next sector before it finishes properly getting you set up with the one you went in previously.

If the speed limit of 1000 is still in effect, then that may be whats doing it. It may be to the point where the server needs to just be completely reset to fix the issues that have cropped up over time, unfortunately. Regardless of whether we try to fix this one, or start fresh, I recommend a speed limit of 150.

Reaction score
    you got quite a noggin there Karuma, and i agree with everything you stated, so with that being said, i\'ll do a backup for the catalogs so no ships are lost, however i will in fact kill the server and remake it in hopes of restoring it, so, you should all be able to start getting back in sometime tomorrow and the speed limit will be reduced to either 150 or 100. most likely 100 though. thanks for the patience guys.

-Zey

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My IGN is the same as my profile name and I hope I will be able to be able to come and just play the game without any type of spawn-campers, retards. Stuff like that.

Reaction score
    IGN
    pat3309. I\'d be interested, man. A mature starmade server?! Hell yes!

Reaction score
    I would say that I have remembered my home base (Since I kept reminding the other faction-mates of it) to be in the sector (19, 24, 23), but If you are listening to what Karuma said, then you may want to put it near the spawning point... And If worse comes to horrible, I may have to remake the docking ports for my home base (I retrofitted an Abandoned base to be our home).

I do agree on a 100 km/h speed limit, it gets annoying not only to load the sectors, but because it is prone to getting your ship stuck inside the planets and space stations while cruising in high speeds. When the server tries to warp out a huge ship because it crashed into a station, The server tends to break, and may lead to you having to roll back the server a couple of saves to prevent it from happening again (resulting in a pretty big loss of progress!) The lower, the seemingly better.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    IGN: Velkeem

I\'m just a relaxed guy that enjoys designing new ship and experimenting with new concepts. Allow me into your server and if you\'ll allow it, ill set up my lab close to the faction HQ (if one is in place)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    As much as I\'d hate resetting the server on everyone who had already gotten started, it may be that time. (Says the guy who has nothing to lose from it, so take it with a grain of salt) I\'m sure there is a solution in place to replace peoples ships, such as admin giving credits for people to buy there old ships back or something. Looking forward to the server being back up.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I tried to upload and purchase a ship from the catalog a few days before the server went down. Both times I tried, the ship immediately disappeared right after it spawned. Hopefully this is something that will be fixed after the reset. I lost 25mil in this endeavor =/

Reaction score
    So.... I think it\'s high time I Reveal the ship i\'ve been working on for the past week or so... NO I WILL NOT SPAWN THIS INTO THE SERVER! more pics and details are in my thread under screenshots, I give you ladies and gents PROJECT_DARKSKYS

http://imgur.com/MDxcJaJ

Reaction score
    Sound like a good server. No more nonsense and maybe people actually acting as a team for once! my IGN is end360.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My IGN is Rick552, I am 21 years old and would like the chance to play on the server.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Nice project. Keep us updated! What\'s the block count and dimensions? I have 1 I\'m working on as well that\'s not quite ready to reveal. I\'ll post a screenshot soon. And does it have an interior yet if any?

Reaction score
    This looks like a good server wondering if I could join in on the fun and chill for my first server incounter with people outsideof lan. my IGN: is redbob141 (if you can\'t guess that). I mosty perfer to go and build not so big on killing people mosty that would be if they have agreed to fight or attacked me first.