SPACE WHALES CONFIRMED!

Reaction score
    Oh yea, solar winds... Very effective...
    NO

Idea of animal that might live in space is not bad... But why whale with fins...

If u want to make it THAT creative let's make something that will not be grotesque.

Let's just edit model a little bit to make it not resemble anythign from Earth.
    Yeah like all the ships in star wars and star trek didn't need fins. Didn't mean they didn't have them and were all the more awesome for it. Technically the borg have it right. If you aren't going to land a ship on a planet then you don't need the fancy stuff. You aren't a borg , are you? If so were do I find my coordinates so you can assimilate me. Got to stop you somehow and if my logic skill added to the collective don't do it, nothing will.
    Call me Ismael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on my home planet, I thought I would warp about a little and see the universe...

This is pretty cool. I do hope, though, that they eventually have a scruffier Elder Space Whale texture. That space whale looks too sleek and shiny, like a new car. Space whales need to be pockmarked by impacts from long millennia spent slowly filtering heavy trace elements from the galactic dust. I would love to be exploring and have to give way for a sector-long whale behemoth.

There also needs to be a very rare, white one...
    I so like the images this brings up when I think about it. Giant whales from eons of evolution. Trolling through space for rare materials to survive and grow. You are what you eat, so they should look the part. Whether they live off of pirates or rare isotopes.

Lot of people are already dissing the 30 meter thing. Guess a companies got to do what it gots ta do. Anyways, this will be so awesome when it comes out.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    They could spawn around wormholes :?
    Also them being able to use emp and make your ship dead in the water sounds pretty awesome, you do not want to mess with them.

And yeah, space harpoons for the win :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I will hunt them all and kill them all and sell their space whale blubber in exchange for some illegally smuggled yholes.

Reaction score
    Space Whales? Really?

Sooooo someone went full retard then. Time for the company psych evaluations me thinks......... :confused:

But seriously, please tell me this is a joke.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Space Whales? Really?

Sooooo someone went full retard then. Time for the company psych evaluations me thinks......... :confused:

Ha ha nice one : ) Nice Sarcasm :)

Reaction score
    Space Whales? Really?

It's what I thought about minecraft villagers at first, too: "Holy shit, they look awful, they don't fit the theme, go away." Turned out they were a nice addition to the game.

Don't be so quick to judge.

Reaction score
    holy shit yes! space whales! woo!

TIME TO MAKE A WHALEING SHIP!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443317261,1443315254][/DOUBLEPOST]ya know what... we need to make a contest... a whaling ship contest...
    the winner gets a ship shaped as a whale
    i beat you a long long time ago on this subject, it needs a update to current game build but i stil have that ship up and running:D

A few things.

One) They better eat rocks. (perhaps color and ability based on what it has eaten)

Two) I better be able to collect something along the lines of "spice" from them.

Three) They should be a threat to any un-prepared ship.

I am in for this.

was just shown this. As long as you ignore logic and just go with it, then so much yes.
    I want to do this. Like, right now. Bench, Calbiri, somebody please make me a low-visibility nebula or planet I can hunt space whales on.

MY TINY SHIPS NEED TO GET EATEN!
    agreed to all og this, let the hunt begin, BLUBBER AHOY

Reactions: Parameter
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    What do we want?
    SPACE WHALES
    When do we want them?
    NOW!

I want to go whale hunting, maybe make it a protected species with some form of AI police come after you when you kill one... If the whale doesn't eat you first.

Reaction score
    I wonder what a creature living in space would actually look like.

For one thing, how/what the hell does it breathe?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I wonder what a creature living in space would actually look like.

For one thing, how/what the hell does it breathe?
    Actually some organisms on Earth don't need oxygen.
    For aliens, You need to go even further, they might evolve completly different.

The only thing that is ridiculus.... It's whale...

Reaction score
    Actually some organisms on Earth don't need oxygen.
    For aliens, You need to go even further, they might evolve completly different.

The only thing that is ridiculus that... It's whale...
    Maybe the fins are like solar sails?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Maybe the fins are like solar sails?
    Do you have any idea how little pressure the sun actually exerts? This would not work. :p

Solar sailing probes usually have very tiny mass and a huge sail designed to capture a good amount of light pressure, and they're still not all that fast. (really slow, actually. They accelerate to a reasonable speed eventually... Keyword being eventually.)

Reaction score
    Do you have any idea how little pressure the sun actually exerts? This would not work. :p

Solar sailing probes usually have very tiny mass and a huge sail designed to capture a good amount of light pressure, and they're still not all that fast.
    *Shrugs*

It looks cool.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It's what I thought about minecraft villagers at first, too: "Holy shit, they look awful, they don't fit the theme, go away." Turned out they were a nice addition to the game.

Don't be so quick to judge.
    ...But Villagers DO look awful. These whales do not; they easily fit in with things like the quadcrabs and other upcoming fauna.