SPACE WHALES CONFIRMED!

Reaction score
    wait whut?

i think ive been offline for to long... just to be clear we have actual fauna ingame? damn... i knew back then the spider thingys were coming but... ok.

Reaction score
    wait whut?

i think ive been offline for to long... just to be clear we have actual fauna ingame? damn... i knew back then the spider thingys were coming but... ok.
    Not ingame. It was anounced today in the twitchcon stream, they showed some concept art pictures and renders and what it may do when it gets ingame eventually.

Reaction score
    Not ingame. It was anounced today in the twitchcon stream, they showed some concept art pictures and renders and what it may do when it gets ingame eventually.
    so, none actual fauna ingame yet? except the shopkeep?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Space bugs still exist, they just wont spawn under normal situations. Get one of the old default stations to load, (or grab the sector export I made) and you can go hunt some space spiders!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Am I the only one who wants to build a city around them, doctor who style?

Just Saying that this would now be possible...

Reactions: Trekkerjoe
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Solar Winds fucka!
    Oh yea, solar winds... Very effective...
    NO

Idea of animal that might live in space is not bad... But why whale with fins...

If u want to make it THAT creative let's make something that will not be grotesque.

Let's just edit model a little bit to make it not resemble anythign from Earth.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on my home planet, I thought I would warp about a little and see the universe...

This is pretty cool. I do hope, though, that they eventually have a scruffier Elder Space Whale texture. That space whale looks too sleek and shiny, like a new car. Space whales need to be pockmarked by impacts from long millennia spent slowly filtering heavy trace elements from the galactic dust. I would love to be exploring and have to give way for a sector-long whale behemoth.

There also needs to be a very rare, white one...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    holy shit yes! space whales! woo!

TIME TO MAKE A WHALEING SHIP!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443317261,1443315254][/DOUBLEPOST]ya know what... we need to make a contest... a whaling ship contest...
    the winner gets a ship shaped as a whale

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    A few things.

One) They better eat rocks. (perhaps color and ability based on what it has eaten)

Two) I better be able to collect something along the lines of "spice" from them.

Three) They should be a threat to any un-prepared ship.

holy shit yes! space whales! woo!

TIME TO MAKE A WHALEING SHIP!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443317261,1443315254][/DOUBLEPOST]ya know what... we need to make a contest... a whaling ship contest...
    the winner gets a ship shaped as a whale
    I am in for this.

Reactions: Mr. Grimm

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Oh yea, solar winds... Very effective...
    NO

Idea of animal that might live in space is not bad... But why whale with fins...

If u want to make it THAT creative let's make something that will not be grotesque.

Let's just edit model a little bit to make it not resemble anythign from Earth.
    Because space lego ships fueled by infinite energy flying in a universe devoid of gravity and subject to fluid dynamics makes sense.

Last edited:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I love this model, and for propulsion I usually envision it shooting some kind of gas/energy stuff out of those glowing trailing wingtips. I'm a bit pessimistic about this update, though, because I am getting a creeping suspicion that they will just be atmospheric for the time being, and not drop anything unique or be particularly interactable... Cool either way, though.