SPACE WHALES CONFIRMED!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    If there are going to be playable alien races in the future, and they will/can be tied in to the procedural generational system - then I think it would be cool if server owners could selectively choose the characteristics of their playable races, for the sake of personalized lore.

Reaction score
    If there are going to be playable alien races in the future, and they will/can be tied in to the procedural generational system - then I think it would be cool if server owners could selectively choose the characteristics of their playable races, for the sake of personalized lore.
    what exactly is a "playable" alien race.... right now you can be anything you want ala minecraft there is only 1 (now 2) models in minecraft however with "skins" you can be a creeper a girl a punk rocker a skeleton alien slime pretty much anything you want..... with skins in starmade you can also be (anything you want?) not sure what good it would do to build in stock models when people can create whatever they want to look like.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I still can't help remembering the Eleventh Doctor on Starship UK in The Beast Below and kinda hoping we can rope one for use as a stardrive of some sort...

Reactions: kiraen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    what exactly is a "playable" alien race.... right now you can be anything you want ala minecraft there is only 1 (now 2) models in minecraft however with "skins" you can be a creeper a girl a punk rocker a skeleton alien slime pretty much anything you want..... with skins in starmade you can also be (anything you want?) not sure what good it would do to build in stock models when people can create whatever they want to look like.
    I mean a playable alien race that doesn't have a human body.

Reaction score
    I mean a playable alien race that doesn't have a human body.
    Still not sure what you mean.... Every possible conceivable "alien shape" they could put in is still going to be 2 tall 1 wide 1 deep block shaped for balance reasons and i still think you could design skins for the current model that look like anything you want in a 1x2x1 shape

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Still not sure what you mean.... Every possible conceivable "alien shape" they could put in is still going to be 2 tall 1 wide 1 deep block shaped for balance reasons
    There's no reason they have to be.

and i still think you could design skins for the current model that look like anything you want in a 1x2x1 shape
    Highly debatable. Especially because the StarMade playermodel is more detailed than the Minecraft one.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    There's no reason they have to be.

Highly debatable. Especially because the StarMade playermodel is more detailed than the Minecraft one.
    i mean they don't have to be but smaller sizes would give you an advantage against larger sized models in player vs player combat

Reaction score
    Oddly enough I had not seen this when I created my Fleet submission... it fits