Space Hulks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is incredibly creative and I\'m totally on board... but personally maybe the core should have a small explosion radius... like 4 blocks just to add to the battle effect of hulks?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Agreed, as a general concept this sound nice. Combine with server integration, such as the admins being able to choose how long wrecks remain present in the game world before being destroyed, IF wrecks actually do stay, etc. Somewhat complicated, but could be worked around to be simpler and provide a simpler, related integration into the game

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    like it, not only because it makes some sense but also because if you desing a ship well, you can have it destroy the most precious things, such as your plex storage, faction modules and gun controls. Could be cool to see things drifting along.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    In reality its just the place you enter a ship form. Theres no indication as to how the ship is centered on this one block, or how you can get into it, or how it contains so much power. Theres a difference between unrealistic and rediculous. Theres no explenation in this game\'s universe as to why the core is the only thing absolutely needed for a ship to function

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I randomly found a space hulk in my game the other day http://argumentsofnothing.com/2013/09/11/starmade-accidental-space-hulk/

Reaction score
    NO NECROPOSTING

edit: I now see that there is no forum rule regarding necroposts... my bad, sorry

Reaction score
    I\'m fairly cercain necroposting isn\'t strictly against the Starmade forum rules, and if anything is encouraged in the case of suggestions, where the rule is to search before reposting.

Reaction score
    Just, when a core is overheating, the core and the faction mod does a very large explosion (enough to destroy a fighter, not enough for a freighter.), and 50% of the usable blocks (shield, power, weapons) does just the same, by a small explosion (25 damages ?).

And then, the ship turn as an non moveable objet call \"hulk\", preventing collision issues.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I like the idea too, seems more logical. My concern, and probably the reason for the current core explosion result, is that if the blocks don\'t dissipate somehow, things could get messy over time. Lots of unrelevant blocks hogging up system resources.

Reaction score
    I think the core should overheat, but not destroy the ship. Instead, the core should be unenterable and only salvagable.

Reaction score
    you would end up with alot of lag and alot of servers crashing due to a lot of clutter on the server could you imagin how many haulls of ship[s floating around after just one year?

Reaction score
    100% support as a server option.

Depending on the server, it might not appeal to some servers if the server becomes very laggy due to excess number of unused hulks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Correct me if im wrong but i thougth the game didnt simulate every single thing unless a player is within a certain distance of said object because if it does load everything then well i dout any server would be able to run

Reaction score
    I like some of the ideas above, regarding Danzario\'s comment above, I think it would make more sense if it was limited to mass of the object, so that any smaller ships (fighters. pirates etc) do still disappear, that way only the bigger ships could survive as hulks.

My other thought was that when the ship turns into a hulk the engines and shields blow up also as secondary explosions, damaging blocks elsewhere, that way people have to come prepared to do some fixing up before they can fly off in it and repair it. I also quite like the idea of it being possible for others to blow up the ship whilst you are salvaging it, makes it a little more risky but rewarding if you say were able to take the flagship of an opposing faction.

Reaction score
    Or in sandbox if you want space \"Hulks\" you could just quit whilst the ship core is over heating. When I quit whilst a ship is overheating in sandbox the overheat stops. I log back in and the overheat count dosn\'t continue it stops and I have to destroy the core again. PROBLEM SOLVED. This is probably a bug in my game XD, but it is really annoying:(. In multiplayer this sounds like a great idea!