Space Hulks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When a core overheats it causes a catastrophic explosion,this is unrealistic.

Instead a core should just be destroyed,causing the ship to drift in space,it would be cool instead of finding just space station you could find player created wreckage from battles long past.

Also you could have station sized hulks drifting through space that are randomly generated.

Recap.

Hulks would be a record of batttles

Hulks would also make pvp more rewardable as you can recover and refit enemy players vessels.

Reaction score
    I like this idea and on the randomly generated one\'s there should be aliens like in 40k space hulk that you must clear out.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Let the server admin choose:

1. core disappears leaving a salvageable hulk.
    2. core explodes like a missile, leaving a salvageable hulk.
    3. entire ship disappears, preserving the spaceways and server resources.
    4. ship suffers antimatter breach and becomes a 1/10 power star for 5 seconds.
    5. Randomly, one of the above.

Optional system malfunctions, before the core does the above: Random uncontrolled acceleration and course changes and random discharge of enabled weapon systems.

Why yes, DO think it should be hazardous to float 10M of the bow of an exploding spacecraft.

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    to think you could have derelicts (abandoned objects) floating through space and moving as a obsticle would be neat, plus it would give you a chance to salvage certain parts and pieces of tech if you wanted to!

Reaction score
    If a ship core gets destroyed any faction modules also get blown up (to prevent from unsalvagable wrecks). Also why not have it so that any derelect ships have a chance to spawn pirates around them (being used as a pirate base for rp servers). More fun if you come across a wreck seeing as at anytime pirates could come for you.

The ships shielding would also still be active as long as the power supply is still there, this way you don\'t get random mega ships or pirates just blowing up valuable derelect ships with players inside who are salvaging.

Maybe also make it so that if you place another ship core inside it and hook it up to the engines you officially claim the ship as yours and can fly it? Also if you can do that why not make it so that if the ship is from a blueprint you can return it to a shop and for a fee have it rebuilt exactly as it was.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like this idea too, it would look awesome haveing your base there while surrounded by destoryed wreckage. People would think twice in attacking your base if they found it.

Reaction score
    Why not make the ship simply break in pieces too, would be pretty epic to see that happening with the larger capitals.

Agreed with the core thing though, it should be destroyed and the ship should turn into another object-type, namely \"wreckage\" (or multiple of them, if considering the break-in-pieces thing).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Pirates is a good idea,

if collissions did damage then debris would add another feature.

shields and weapons would be active but the power would need time to recharge so power steadily increases.

Space hulks may also be dangerous as defence turrets may also be online.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    this is a cool idea to have the remains of a ship floating around like an astroid. it would also be funny as all hell to see an active turret on a hulk destroying a mob XD

Reaction score
    This seems the most logical. I would enjoy salvaging large ships after battle, and I would much enjoy enjoy watching my enemy turn into a brilliant sun for a few seconds.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Damn i hate it how if someone posts comments it goes p the list,most comments are negative so intresting ideas with no faults get hidden.

So I implore you,say bump on al intresting threads.

???

Reaction score
    i acctualy buy loads of ships so i can smash them up to make it look like a big battle took place

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I think there should be a difference between killing a player and destroying the core of the ship. If youre in the bridge for example, in a cockpit, and that cockpit gets destroyed then perhaps you should die and then the ship would be rendered useless as theres no one there to control it. This way the ship doesnt have to blow up every single time the pilot dies. If the core is destroyed I think it should still blow up, amybe not entirely but it should at least do damage.

Reaction score
    We\'re talking about a sci-fi space game where you create your own ship. Now, what would happen if you destroyed the core of the sun? Kaboom. The core of a ship is also concentrated energy, like the Sun.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I\'ve been thinking of it a lot when playing starmade, so i fully agree (read : bump). Ships just disapearing looks weird, and the bigger the ship is, the worse it looks.

Random wrecks can be useful in a bunch of ways, not only slavaging, but also repairing them and adding a core, wich could be useful for new players or anyone with few credits to get a new ship easily. They can provide great decoration in our very boring space (There aren\'t much different objects and evrything wich isn\'t a planet or a asteroid always looks the same).

I agree also that all systems in should stay functionnal if they aren\'t destroyed (Also, those could act weird when damaged, like computers firing randomly or whatever) (and if there is still power), And faction modules should either blow up or be inactive and able to be modifyed by anyone until a core is added.