space engineers blocks (now with gattling guns :D)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    why? o_O

srsly, wanna play SE, go play SE >_>

Reaction score
    Ohhhhh fight between Ace and Rimmer. It's gonna get naaaaasty...before someone gets the mighty threadlock or even the banhammer.

Look, sorry therimmer96 but Ace has a point, and TBH I don't think you read his thread. It's not an issue to compare features from other games and request inspired ideas into this game. He doesn't want to play SE for many reasons probably.

For example, Starmade has much more going for it that SE does, but I'd like to see some things that intrigued me such as advanced machines, remote control
    actual proper chairs, I know everyone is sick about hearing about them by now.
    small and large blocks and fuel system. I don't play SE because the devs are disloyal money grubbing trash, unlike our based dev team who gave a shit. Also, The forums on SM are better, mods are pretty lax, I do things here that would get me banned sharpish on other sites but I've never even been warned not even slightly by the mods here. Many other things I can list SM is better than SE.

From what I see, Ace wants to see more options added to the premades function, which is a good idea TBH. I don't see why we don't have large penta, tetra, corner and wedge premades but I guess it's the same reason many other things aren't on...they're working on it but are a small team. Either that or he wants a difference between large and small blocks, which is good also.

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    why? o_O

srsly, wanna play SE, go play SE >_>
    Because Space Engineers has, IMO, terrible movement controls. No auto orienting or anything, so you end up "up-side down" compared to the orientation of everything else, and that game has a different feature set then star made, so one might prefer starmade's features over SE, but like the blocks of SE.

Why cant people have the best of both worlds if they wish?

JonasWalker

Old Newb
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Because Space Engineers has, IMO, terrible movement controls. No auto orienting or anything, so you end up "up-side down" compared to the orientation of everything else, and that game has a different feature set then star made, so one might prefer starmade's features over SE, but like the blocks of SE.

Why cant people have the best of both worlds if they wish?
    Honestly I find SE's movement controls to be a lot smoother and better laid out than StarMades. However I am willing to admit that its personal preference at work. Both have good promise and look to fill different niches in terms of Space Sandbox games but they do have things they could learn from each other.

Reactions: Lidren

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Starmade has much more going for it that SE does
    Funny. On the SE reddit someone said that the only thing Starmade had over space engineers was logic and an infinite universe. Like what? An infinite universe isn't enough for you? Space engineers is actually trying to do an infinite universe thing and it sucks. It basically just generates asteroids and random ships as you travel. Nothing to actually travel to.

Honestly I find SE's movement controls to be a lot smoother and better laid out than StarMades
    I find it actually quite horrible. Sure it makes sense that an astronaut can rotate freely and stuff in space. I never enjoyed building that way though. Constantly having to reorient yourself just because your character would move a certain way and throw you off.

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    Majorfatboy They're tsundere for each other. *Sex o phone music plays*
    Vanhelzing Lel it isn't even infinite. It's literally only (yes I know 'only') to here to Jupiter. That isn't big, and it's mostly empty with a few stations and asteroids.

Reaction score
    So, I dont play SE, but Im not really seeing the point of this. Do you just want extra large sized blocks? For what purpose?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I think the purpose is to advertise his templates? Which would belong in shipyards or the like I think?

I agree with Rimmer on 1 point, "Why?" What's the point of this thread? And why is it in General Discussion without anything presented to discuss o- o Did I miss a joke or something?

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Funny. On the SE reddit someone said that the only thing Starmade had over space engineers was logic and an infinite universe. Like what? An infinite universe isn't enough for you? Space engineers is actually trying to do an infinite universe thing and it sucks. It basically just generates asteroids and random ships as you travel. Nothing to actually travel to.

I find it actually quite horrible. Sure it makes sense that an astronaut can rotate freely and stuff in space. I never enjoyed building that way though. Constantly having to reorient yourself just because your character would move a certain way and throw you off.
    *Shakes head*

SE is like flying a blocky Xwing. Starmade is like flying a detailed Star Destroyer. Which would you rather?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    *Shakes head*

SE is like flying a blocky Xwing. Starmade is like flying a detailed Star Destroyer. Which would you rather?
    I think its obvious. For the simple reason you have stated :P

Reactions: Mered4

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    *Shakes head*

As someone who recently bought SE i can say that i've never appreciated Starmade's Build mode more than i do now. you have no idea how frustrating it can get to accidentally cut your capital ship that you've spent hours on in half by removing the wrong block.

Starmade can take inspiration from SE but for gods sake don't try to emulate it!

Reactions: Mered4

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    As someone who recently bought SE i can say that i've never appreciated Starmade's Build mode more than i do now. you have no idea how frustrating it can get to accidentally cut your capital ship that you've spent hours on in half by removing the wrong block.

Starmade can take inspiration from SE but for gods sake don't try to emulate it!
    There are a few things you can do about, firstly using merge blocks to reconnect or move parts. Can actually be useful for moving sections around or adding a space.
    Other option is to first build large ships as a station, then use the 'convert to ship' function they have. Blocks can easily be reconnected in stations, as the are locked to a grid and cant move.

If you think about it like, a few of dem features might be nice, but merp.

Reactions: Crimson-Artist

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    What Star made really needs is crewability. Would make it far superior to any other game

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    What Star made really needs is crewability. Would make it far superior to any other game
    The new docking system should really help with that, I think. Its not a huge priority, but it will be easier once we get the new update. Anything is better than the current system at this point :D

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I thought this was going to be an SE based texture pack. I'm disappointed.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Look at the ship crew link in my signature. That is literally the number one thing needed for ship crews.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1420177166,1420176924][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way, what is this thread supposed to be about?