Something that rhymes with "Harris Class Frigate"

Reaction score
    It IS a different class, but those three UNSC frigates were based off of the same hull---the Charon was built for more ground support ops, the Paris is a combat-oriented class, the Stalwart was the all-rounder of the three. They share many similarities, and if one class has the capability to house Pelicans/interact with them on the underside, they most like all do.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Could be interesting to see if it does work on your frigate.
    More entities. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    It IS a different class, but those three UNSC frigates were based off of the same hull---the Charon was built for more ground support ops, the Paris is a combat-oriented class, the Stalwart was the all-rounder of the three. They share many similarities, and if one class has the capability to house Pelicans/interact with them on the underside, they most like all do.
    While that may be true the weapons and systems layout are different for them- is I recall the Paris has escape pods located where that pelican went up inside on the Charon. If it was dead center I'm not sure there is space to fit it but that will still be something for me to check again once I get home from work.

Trust me though, if I can fit a pelican in there somewhere I will. The pelican was ultimately what pushed me to make this ship to begin with lol

Edit: as long as I can do it without ruining the appearance or breaking canon.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    So, I just grabbed this picture off the internet really quick to demonstrate the difference. If you look at the picture here it's pretty much the same as what my in-game Paris class is on the bottom side. There is no place for a pelican to rise up into. It's sad that it doesn't work but there's not much to do.

In the video that you tagged it at, jstenholt there is a visible difference between the structures but I was excited about it too! Was a noble effort and a really nice catch though!

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I'm not sure, but is that mid section with the Main Loading Elevator's something that slides across?
    This could be a possible way to allow larger objects to be loaded.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Just wanted everyone to know that progress is not stopped on the ship, I've just been plugging away at getting the inside worked on. But ARK just released a sick expansion so I wont be doing anything with it for the next week probably. Dinosaurs are too cool not to <3

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Just wanted everyone to know that progress is not stopped on the ship, I've just been plugging away at getting the inside worked on. But ARK just released a sick expansion so I wont be doing anything with it for the next week probably. Dinosaurs are too cool not to <3
    HERETIC!

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Another tasty morsel...

HALO 5 All Cutscenes Movie Legendary Ending

Reaction score
    Ehhhh, Halo 5 was poorly written. Abysmal, in fact. For just one reason: They didn't order the missions right. (Warning, minor spoilers)

If they had just played through all of the Osiris missions first, kept the mystery (Which they advertised about, the whole "The Master Chief's AWOL, is he now a criminal? What's he causing?" thing that was actually fairly interesting), before some climactic moment, then showed you the MC's point of view, it'd have gained something, if only for building a feeling of suspense through the whole thing. Also, it could have introduced some mystery into what Locke was going to do, instead of "Go after Chief. Oh wait, now let's help him." Instead, it could've been "Go after the Chief. Look at all the horror, and we still don't know what's happening. Is Chief causing this?" before the climax and Locke perhaps being forced into a choice---help the Chief, or fulfill his mission.

Anyway, I didn't like Halo 5 all that much.
    Also, where the heck did the Halos go? For a game series called "Halo", the last few games have featured a remarkably small number of giant, galaxy-ending ringworlds....

***EDIT: Though I was glad to finish the game on Legendary and
    Hear Guilty Spark, because it means we'll be seeing some more Halo Rings, and all the fun and Warthog Runs that those entail.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It killed me to not be able to play 5; it's the first one to come out that I didn't play at launch since CE. But after watching a few run-throughs and pouring over the custscenes, I was pretty pleased. There was a pretty good deal of mystery, moreso than say Reach, but less than Halo 2 or CE.

My problem with it was a severe lack of Infinity, which is possibly my favorite sci-fi ship ever.

It would be interesting to have somebody who hasn't played 5 yet play it in the order you suggested though.

Reaction score
    No, there's really not a good deal of mystery. By Mission 2 you really have a pretty good idea of what's actually happening. They allude to Cortana in the first mission/first inter-mission cutscene. Seriously, spoiling your own game. Quite an achievement, really.

There was never any question of what might happen, whether or not the Chief had actually joined Cortana, whether the Chief was activating guardians, etc. NEVER. I mean, at least in CE you got to wonder what exactly Halo was, what it did, what Keyes' stash of "weapons" was, and so on. But in Halo 5, they kinda spelled it all out by the end of mission 2.

Also, the campaign was shorter than short. I've played DLCs that are longer than the whole game.

Reaction score
    Hey Anubis I'm working on a Charon and I'll be able to fit a Pelican into the underside. It will be a tight fit for sure. When were both done we should put our ships side by side. Could be fun!

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hey Guys,

I was hunting for SkylordLuke's infinity and came across a wealth of ships the community has built.
    If you would like to check them out, here's a few links to them. I'm keen to see how they look along side this Paris Class build by Anubis. Oh yeah, I see others have built Paris Class as well. See below.

Here's the Infinity I was looking for. Man, this is a nice ship.
    UNSC Infinity

The Leviathan - UNSC Marathon Class Heavy Cruiser
    UNSC Cruiser Halcyon Class
    UNSC B-65 Shortsword
    ODST Drop Pod

Halo UNSC Frigate Class Paris
    UNSC Paris Heavy Frigate

Reviews done by Coalition_of_Ramblers
    Coalition of Ramblers Top ships: We are back
    A nice run through of Refirendum's Covenant Corvette and SkylordLuke's Halo Ring.

Another nice build from SkylordLukeis this Spirit of fire.
    UNSC Spirit of Fire - Total Refit

Man, I'm going to have to download all these and anything else I can find Halo into one universe to play. :)
    So glad other people are building these. I'd never have the time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Hey Anubis I'm working on a Charon and I'll be able to fit a Pelican into the underside. It will be a tight fit for sure. When were both done we should put our ships side by side. Could be fun!
    Yeah the Charon was designed to carry pelicans in several spots so it makes sense that you can. And yeah once yours is finished we can check them out side by side ;)