The Leviathan - UNSC Marathon Class Heavy Cruiser

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've begun building a 1:1 black UNSC Marathon Class Heavy Cruiser to use as my factions flagship. My aim is to make it extremely detailed and keep it similar to how it is in Halo. The Leviathan will have several large turrets that will be manned by other faction members, making this a multi-crew vessel.

Here is what I've completed so far:

Leviathan.jpg

I also put it up against my last large ship, the Templar, as a size comparison:

starmade-screenshot-0011.png

starmade-screenshot-0012.png
    starmade-screenshot-0013.png
    I will keep this thread updated with each section I complete. Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas :)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Dimensions? Kinda hard to judge with the current lack of details.

Reaction score
    How did I not notice that -_-
    If I had to guess... and you're not going to like my guess. I'd say it was because your head was too far up your ass. (but seriously THAT is a joke, just saying :p)

AAAANNND... back on topic. Is that a smedit shell? looks pretty damn cool either way! good work

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh yeah its gonna be a doozy to fly haha. Essentially its armament is going to be swarmers (archer missiles), with the turrets on each side so I can still fight even if I'm not looking at the target. However, its when I am looking at my target that they'll be screwed :D. Two MAC Cannons (likely 100% support beam missiles) that I'm aiming to do maybe 500mil damage each (maybe more depending on power requirements), and then several pulse missiles as the nukes, which will be more for making big holes in people. Turrets will consist of AMS, decoy missile launchers to get the main weapons through (this will also work with the swarmers to distract enemy AMS), and the hard hitters made for pounding shields and cutting ships in half. And lest we forget the Longswords I've also been working on :D

Armour will be relatively thick, however I do need to try to keep the weight down a bit as it will be a flying brick regardless, and I would prefer it to be as light as possible. Shields will be around the 500mil+ mark with 25mil+ recharge. Also planning on having some defensive ION effect.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1447104991,1447104831][/DOUBLEPOST]
    If I had to guess... and you're not going to like my guess. I'd say it was because your head was too far up your ass. (but seriously THAT is a joke, just saying :p)

AAAANNND... back on topic. Is that a smedit shell? looks pretty damn cool either way! good work
    Yeah its a smedit shell, my friend RabidBat is a master of smedit and made it for me. The fun part is having to clean it up and wedge it before doing the detailing :D

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Oh yeah, sometimes it seems like you've got to do more work on the smedit shell than just building it from scratch. Probably not in the case of this ship due to it's massiveness! good luck and happy wedging lol

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Oh yeah, sometimes it seems like you've got to do more work on the smedit shell than just building it from scratch. Probably not in the case of this ship due to it's massiveness! good luck and happy wedging lol
    It's still much easier to get the proportions right by doing it that way :P. Tbh I'd probably use smedit myself if I were making replicas.

The Judge

Kill me please
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I recognize the model, is it Smedited?
    btw I love me Marathons.
    Looks absolutely fantastic!

Reactions: SuperWookie
    Reaction score
    It's a 1:1 scale give or take a few meters. :D

It's being designed around being crewed so the whole faction can go out in it and fulfill different roles all aimed at devastating our enemies. ;)
    No doubt being so big n chunky it will need a couple of support ships.
    Hopefully between wookie and I it'll end up being one of the best Halo ships in Starmade. I have a soft spot for the UNSC style and most of my ships are halo themed and 1 to 1.

My main ships a 1:1 variant of Paris class frigate. The UNSC Ghost. Well kind of between a Paris and Charon.
    Here's an older picture of it during it's early build, still need to get it finished and onto the dock for download although the version I currently use is heavily modified and not so authentic looking. And this one is not smedited :p but built from viewing screengrabs and images. Wish smedit was updated as it is a great tool and a massive time saver when used right. ghost.png

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Behold the new Razor Turret!

Does around 40k damage/sec, fires in two 6x6 blocks. Individual shots only do about 56 damage each however so I coupled the weapon with about 25% explosive effect for more radius damage. Uses 3mil power/sec and has 200k shields in case of dire situations. I'll likely make an ion variant of this turret as well to assist the larger turrets.

starmade-screenshot-0012.jpg

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    As a hardcore fan of Halo ship design, that is some amazing detail work up front so far. The shell is also spot on. I love seeing such a great to-scale version of such a great ship. You ever want help putting an interior in that thing, let me know.

Reactions: SuperWookie
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Finished one of the nuke bays:

starmade-screenshot-0020.png

Now the question is: Do I just make them lock-on missiles, or should I make a giant warhead rocket that shoots out and rams the enemy?

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just make it a pulse lock-on. You'll have so many Archer missiles that the chance of shooting down your nuke would be pretty slim.