So about Thruster mechanics...

Zylofan

Dirty Rper
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Every wiki I check claims thrusters either need to be in a row like energy, or on a plane, or more commonly most say it doesn't matter how you build them, but in running some test in game today I discovered I got more thrust from have thrusters never touch at all.

Building them in a checkerboard gave me 16% increase in thrust compared to having them connected. Is this how they are meant to function, because it seems very weird? Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    Yeah ... those wikis are very outdated.
    didnt test it myself for some time but i think the idea was to not have a specific layout for them anylonger.
    that way you wouldnt restrict the overall design and creativity.

Zylofan

Dirty Rper
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ok, does that technically make this a bug then since there is a specific layout needed to get the most use out of your thrusters?

Olxinos

French fry. Caution: very salty!
    Reaction score
    I tried to place the same number of thrusters in a checkerboard pattern, in a line, or in a box, I couldn't see any difference. Are you sure you used the same number of thrusters? If yes, that might be a bug.

Zylofan

Dirty Rper
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Turns out the servers I frequent have monkeyed with the thruster rules somehow, so I guess this isn't a problem in single player.