Sniper Rifle and Rocket Launcher look

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 392097

It would be much better if the sniper rifle actually looked like a real sniper rifle and your view would change so that it would look like you are looking through the telescope.

And when you have a rocket launcher, it would be good if you could actually see the barrel extending in-front of you and if anyone looked at you for it to look like a real rocket launcher barrel resting on your shoulder. And when you fire out of it for the missile to come out of the front of the barrel and (if you are on a planet with atmosphere) for smoke to suddenly shoot out the back.

Reactions: SapioiT

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    @kupu said it only looks like it does at the moment because @Omni is yet too make the 3d models

Reactions: SapioiT
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It would be much better if the sniper rifle actually looked like a real sniper rifle and your view would change so that it would look like you are looking through the telescope.

And when you have a rocket launcher, it would be good if you could actually see the barrel extending in-front of you and if anyone looked at you for it to look like a real rocket launcher barrel resting on your shoulder. And when you fire out of it for the missile to come out of the front of the barrel and (if you are on a planet with atmosphere) for smoke to suddenly shoot out the back.
    the sniper rifle really needs to have a zoom in thing and if the people who make the models (sorry i don't know their names) it could have a scope since they have a very good range but to shoot anything that far away well its extremely hard to do so .

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Come on man, do you think anyone on the dev team thought it was a good idea to keep them looking the way they are? Its a placeholder. Did this really warrant a new thread?

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Patience guys, the team can't jam out the whole game instantly, this is still alpha, not even beta, alpha. It's a small team of people with real jobs and real lives to deal with so not every feature is going to come out production ready. Please be patient and understand that usually the most obvious things (these models don't look like what they say they are) are obvious to everyone, including the dev's, who already have those obvious things planned for the future. Patience.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Zanaten what is your profile pic? I can't decide if its some kind of tiger or one of the snake things from The Darkness,

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    since ships weapons have 2 firing modes i can definitely see astronaut weapons getting them too
    for instance

Sniper Rifle:
    Left Mouse Button= Normal fire
    Right Mouse Button= Zoomed scope,
    Maybe at first it will be a fixed view but in time we should get a telescopic view that gets closer the longer we hold the right mouse button

Rocket Launcher:
    Left Mouse Button= Normal Fire
    Right Mouse Button= Heat Seeker Missile
    . i thought about a lock on missile but the current game mechanics wouldn't support it. hopefully this gets implemented after heat seekers get their AI buffed to go after targets on a distance basis

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I was looking for an email. Couldn't find it. Maybe I was too tired.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    tomino just confirmed that in the latest dev build snipers have a scoped mode!

Reaction score

The Sniper Rifle and Rocket Launcher were actually implemented in the code without me even being aware they were being added, haha. The current model is indeed a placeholder. For a proper rifle and rocket launcher, I need to do both new models for the weapons and new animations for Dave for holding and using them. I've actually already started on a prototype sniper rifle model, but it's not exactly a high priority and I've no ETA for proper models and animations.

In other words, they've been implemented in gameplay right now, but they've not been implemented on the artistic/content side yet.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    The Sniper Rifle and Rocket Launcher were actually implemented in the code without me even being aware they were being added, haha. The current model is indeed a placeholder. For a proper rifle and rocket launcher, I need to do both new models for the weapons and new animations for Dave for holding and using them. I've actually already started on a prototype sniper rifle model, but it's not exactly a high priority and I've no ETA for proper models and animations.

In other words, they've been implemented in gameplay right now, but they've not been implemented on the artistic/content side yet.
    kind of figured

just take your time, omni

till then i'll enjoy owning ppl with my rocket firing pistol :cool:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would like to state this isn't like any Xbox game, so the textures I believe should look futuristic, basically not like a camouflage sniper rifle.