Sniper Rifle and Rocket Launcher look

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    I would like to state this isn't like any Xbox game, so the textures I believe should look futuristic, basically not like a camouflage sniper rifle.
    ....I'm pretty sure that goes without saying. Unless you're referring to something someone else said.

Reaction score
    I would like to state this isn't like any Xbox game, so the textures I believe should look futuristic, basically not like a camouflage sniper rifle.
    The current pistol already looks a bit too much like today's modern weaponry for my taste... the current pistol is likely as close to modern weaponry appearances as you'll see in the game. If possible, I'd like any other weapons to appear more futuristic. And to fit with the rest of the game, generally fairly boxy.

ResonKinetic

SPICY hot dog child
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I don't think any further effort should be put into the aesthetics of the weapons because we should be allowed to build our own weapons. The idea has been around long enough and I'd like to see it at least declared as a planned implementation.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don't think any further effort should be put into the aesthetics of the weapons because we should be allowed to build our own weapons. The idea has been around long enough and I'd like to see it at least declared as a planned implementation.
    yes, the idea has been around for a long time, but it is definitely not even even remotely known by both the players AND devs whether or not we will be able to create our own weapons.

ResonKinetic

SPICY hot dog child
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    yes, the idea has been around for a long time, but it is definitely not even even remotely known by both the players AND devs whether or not we will be able to create our own weapons.
    it shouldn't be a question of "if"

it should be a question of "when"

ResonKinetic

SPICY hot dog child
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Just accept that the devs have no idea if this is going to be implemented or not.
    I won't become complacent; that's out of the question.

It's a commonly desired feature, and in a game like StarMade, the decision should be obvious.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Did you mean to write "accept?"

I won't become complacent; that's out of the question.

It's a commonly desired feature, and in a game like StarMade, the decision should be obvious.
    And maybe you're right. But it isn't a good idea to just assume that they will add it because it is a highly requested feature.

ResonKinetic

SPICY hot dog child
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    And maybe you're right. But it isn't a good idea to just assume that they will add it because it is a highly requested feature.
    You don't seem to understand the context of what I wrote, so I'll rephrase it.

It is a highly requested feature, and considering the way StarMade works, it would be fitting for this feature to be implemented.

Reaction score
    So are weapons going to be omni-modelled or player-built?
    --
    You don't seem to understand the context of what I wrote, so I'll rephrase it.

It is a highly requested feature, and considering the way StarMade works, it would be fitting for this feature to be implemented.
    Woah woah, slow down you two! FunnyBunny is correct in that it is currently unknown whether weapons will be premade or customizable by players in the future. There are far too many important features that need to be worked on before something like this is considered. However, I'm pretty sure everyone can agree that the ability to customize your weapons would be absolutely awesome and fit the game.

We've discussed multiple possible methods for weapon customization while brainstorming, weighing their pros and cons and considering performance impact. However, we have come to no solid decisions regarding the subject - if, when OR how. My hope is that weapons will be able to be customized in the future, fitting with the nature of the game. (It would also be one of many things that would make astronaut mode more interesting.) But until then, it is likely that weapons will be placeholders or individual modeled weapons.

At the very least, it'd be good to have more things to actually shoot before weapon customization is in any way considered.

Reaction score
    Step right up, boys and girls! The two most USELESS posts in the history of the forums!

FEAST your eyes on how these contribute absolutely nothing to the conversation, while maintaining a facade of discussion! WATCH as people respond to these posts seriously, thinking that they hold any value at all! Come one, come all, to the greatest show on the forums! Funnybunny's FINEST work!
    ...actually, those two posts are spot-on and are very good explanations of the situation.

Also, play nice. Don't target other users with negativity. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Sound familiar?

ResonKinetic

SPICY hot dog child
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Also, play nice. Don't target other users with negativity. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Sound familiar?
    quite right, but it would be easier to do that if we had something like a disagree button.

oh
    ahahaha
    it's funny, get it? Because we used to have a button for these situations?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    since ships weapons have 2 firing modes i can definitely see astronaut weapons getting them too
    for instance

Sniper Rifle:
    Left Mouse Button= Normal fire
    Right Mouse Button= Zoomed scope,
    Maybe at first it will be a fixed view but in time we should get a telescopic view that gets closer the longer we hold the right mouse button

Rocket Launcher:
    Left Mouse Button= Normal Fire
    Right Mouse Button= Heat Seeker Missile
    . i thought about a lock on missile but the current game mechanics wouldn't support it. hopefully this gets implemented after heat seekers get their AI buffed to go after targets on a distance basis

I think that the lock on missile could work if it fired on the release of the right mouse button instead of on the click

D

Deleted member 392097

Lock on missiles would be amazing! Especially if other ship weapons could lock on as well as just astronauts and missiles. If you could manually control turrets which would have your cannons on them and have them lock onto a target that would be awesome!

Reaction score
    this thread was very confusing to read for a little while before i figured it out. Especially the part with Saber