Sketchfab Import Guide

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Update!

Apparently you can add sound to your sketchfab models! If you have a free account then you can add 1 mp3 track. If you have the means to create custom mp3s then you can add sound effects to your models/animations.

I've already managed to make some using the default sound effects in the Starmade folder.

Reactions: Alphajim and kikaha

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Minor Update!

As a add on to the last post regarding custom MP3s. Since MP3s are copyrighted its difficult to get a audio editing program that can export in mp3 without paying money for it. However I have found a good work around

You will need to use Audacity, A free open source sound editing program and add a plug-in called LAME MP3 exporter to it. This plug in will allow you to export sound files as Mp3.

It should be noted that this plug in could technically be illegal depending on the laws in your country but as far as I can tell if you are just gonna use it for stuff like adding sound effects to your sketchfab models it should be fine.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Version 0.201.200 gives us the Green Cascade and the Green Forcefield thankfully the last version of my Beatification textures covers those as well so can still use it.