Sinistar Industries: Babylon 5 ships and other work.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    UPDATE: 31
    * Added New Shield effect (Version 4) towards the end of this post
    * Now Adding Download Links under ship names
    * Redone Old Style Shield Effect (2 versions) now near the end of this post with instructions and example*
    * Newer ships will be posted near the end posts *
    Just showing some work that a couple of us are doing and in the middle of.... Any comments / critiques are welcome. We are doing most of the ships in the Babylon 5 Universe. :) There are currently over 300 in the works, with more being added as time goes on and I will post pictures of them as they get finished.

Note: If something is Smedit created I will add Smedit frame work after the crafts name.

Since Photobucket's insanity, I am redoing my initial post to include some newer pictures of projects. And, as before, I will update these as needed /or show construction in later posts.

New 1/3rd Scale B5 Panorama-ish with old smedit in background for reference

New 1/3rd Scale B5 Front with old smedit in background

Next is my bro's ship called the Space train, inspired from a concept drawing from deviant art. I am still working on the bottom cannon and top / side turrets, while he is working on the main ship

Spacetrain

Spacetrain with my Railgun

* For those that want the old shield effects with a newer texture here you go.
    now in 2 different versions. Just select the one you want.

or

Version 4 See below in the spoilers to see it in action. :)

Installation:
    1.) Right Click above image and Save Image as shield_tex.png
    2.) Place in Starmade/data/image-resource folder
    3.) Play the game and enjoy!
    Note: Save a copy of that somewhere, for when Starmade updates, it will delete that file and you need to replace it after every Starmade update.

Shield Effect in action..
    Version 1

Version 2

Version 4 yes, I know, I totally skipped over Version 3 ;)
    Enjoy!

Have fun out there!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Nice!

I still have a smedit of the Minbari Sharlin somewhere, but i always dreaded the smoothing...

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Smedit conversions ?
    Only some of the big ships. like the Warlock Destroyer (not shown), BattleCrab, Minbari War Cruiser, and Dilgar Cruiser (not shown), but I usually use Blender to 3d model, then binvox it. Then import into an old starmade / smedit...then copy blueprint from the old and paste into the new starmade and then use that as frame work so I have the sizing and dimensions in correct relation (since I am doing a replica) if its my own work sometimes I use blender then voxel it, but I usually just free-form it.

Oh and the Space Train and Fighters, transports, shuttles, etc are all by hand. The first Babylon 5 was, but we had issues and now we are doing a 1/3rd scale by hand with rotation..., also, smedit or not, it still a lot of work cleaning it up and doing the interiors. ;)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hi! Would you mind posting a pic (and some infos) about your Warlock? I did one some time ago (although hand built and not very pretty).

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Hi! Would you mind posting a pic (and some infos) about your Warlock? I did one some time ago (although hand built and not very pretty).
    Sure, here ya go....its still being worked on though.

Warlock Class Destroyer (Smedit frame work)

Hull = Hardened Hull
    Length = 651 meters
    everything else is still being worked on... ;)
    Also, my bro that's working on it decided to build a frigate and give this one a rest for a little, so we saved it and deleted her for now....once we start work on her again I will post more.

Last edited:

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    And a few more, though I must admit...trying to get the Centauri Rutarian's wings to look proper was a bit of a challenge, but the bottom smoothed out perfectly...lol

Centauri Rutarian Heavy Fighter
    [Download]

Narn Gor'ith Medium Fighter
    [Download]

EA Psi-Corp Black Omega StarFury
    [Download]

Last edited:

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Here is a ship that came out of nowhere....lol, I made a weapon testing platform and well.... this is what it turned into...

Sun Runner
    [Download]

And I redid some small parts on the Gunstar as well as adding beams, still has a " Death Blossom " effect though ;)

Gunstar v2

Last edited:
    Reactions: JimmyJamba

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Here is one new ship and one old ship. The old Heavy Cruiser I updated to the current block combo's and effects. The Heavy Cruiser is called " The Hound " and the original concept was done by KaranaK (Alexey) from Deviantart.com. I made this from one of his concept pictures he posted with his permission. The Rift-Seeker is a Heavy Fighter I free-formed while thinking about what to do with the insides of the Centauri Kutai Gunship I am also working on.

Rift-Seeker
    [Download]

The Hound

The Hound (back) with another ship currently being worked on by my bro.

and KaranaK's Hound Concept art.
    and yes, I intentionally took the pics to coincide with the concept work. :)

Last edited:

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Some updated ships I have done using the new weapon combos and logic blocks. The ArchAngel and SlipStream arent painted yet, as these are for the Super Carrier I am doing. The Super Carrier is on hold for now till I finish more of the Babylon 5 ships. The Babylon 5 STG19 Shuttle has a light switch to sequentially turn on/off the lights. ;) It's a great effect.

ArchAngel
    [Download]

SlipStream
    [Download]

Ravens Claw
    [Download]

Police Cruiser (from the show " Space Precinct ") has flashing lights also.

Babylon 5 STG19 Shuttle
    [Download]

Last edited:

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Ok, for those who like the old shield effect, but want a newer texture, I will be placing the redone texture in the first post at the end with instructions. There will be a quick little animated .gif showing how it looks.

Click [HERE] to return to the top for the shield effects :)

or

Click [HERE] for more Ships to Download ;)

Last edited: