Bug Singleplayer stuck at "connecting".

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    sorry about that. It's been fixed for the next version

Reaction score
    I had the same issue and fixed it. This fix probably only works if the cause is your system language, which is likely if you are using anything other than English. The procedure should be same for windows 7 and 8, I don't know about other operating systems.

The Fix
    1. Right click "my computer", select properties, a window should open
    2. Click "advanced system settings" on the left, a new window will open
    3. Click "environment variables..." under the "advanced" tab, yet another window will open
    4. Click the "New..." button under the system variables, the one at the bottom, a dialog box will open
    5. Input (copy paste) these without the quotation marks:
      Variable name:"_JAVA_OPTIONS"
      Variable value:"-Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US"
    6. Close all the windows by pressing "okay", "apply" or whatever, and you are done.

Reaction score
    I had the same issue and fixed it. This fix probably only works if the cause is your system language, which is likely if you are using anything other than English. The procedure should be same for windows 7 and 8, I don't know about other operating systems.

The Fix
    1. Right click "my computer", select properties, a window should open
    2. Click "advanced system settings" on the left, a new window will open
    3. Click "environment variables..." under the "advanced" tab, yet another window will open
    4. Click the "New..." button under the system variables, the one at the bottom, a dialog box will open
    5. Input (copy paste) these without the quotation marks:
      Variable name:"_JAVA_OPTIONS"
      Variable value:"-Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US"
    6. Close all the windows by pressing "okay", "apply" or whatever, and you are done.
    HOLY MOTHER OF JOSEF!!!

GİVE THİS GUY A MİLLİON DOLLARS FİNALLY !!!

THANKS A LOT İT ACTUALLY WORKED !!!

See develeopers ? was this too hard ?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    good to see that someone from the community could help :)

i will redirect support here to take notes for the next time some one asks about that
    (even though next alpha version should have fixed that anyway)

Reaction score
    Hello please help me recently when i have tried to start star made on singleplayer without an internet connection and it becomes stuck in the "connecting" state after i clicked start at the settings menu, im downloading the update right now so i will update you if thats fixes it and if my world cannnot be saved i would like to know how to import non-blueprinted ships as i have designed some complex(my standards) ships.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434863804,1434861148][/DOUBLEPOST]ok so ive created a new world an this one works fine. i think the files for my other world are corrupt so could someone please tell me how to import the ships i have built as i dont want to rebuild them:(

Reaction score
    • Tester
    You have to respawn them from a blueprint. extraction from a world folder isnt possible ..afaik

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    You have to respawn them from a blueprint. extraction from a world folder isnt possible ..afaik
    it is not impossible.
    In the corrupted world folder, delete these files:
    • chatchannels.tag
    • FLOATING_ITEMS_ARCHIVE.ent
    • FLOATING_ITEMS_ARCHIVE.ent.old
    • SIMULATION_STATE.sim
    • uniquePlayerCount
    • version
    Your world might work again, however, since it entered a corrupted state before I recommend to only use it to export all ships and stations into blueprints.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hi, my computer crashed after I was combat testing my new freighter. I updated the game a day after, and now that one world would stay at connecting if I tried to play. I really want my freighter because it has so much time and effort put into it. Should I try to poke around in my computer as provided above? Please help me.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Guessing that you've saved it before the game crashed, I would think you should just be able to admin-load it into a new world. Assuming it was saved, and assuming the save didn't corrupt. That would be my thought on it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Guessing that you've saved it before the game crashed, I would think you should just be able to admin-load it into a new world. Assuming it was saved, and assuming the save didn't corrupt. That would be my thought on it.
    Sounds like an amazing idea :D!
    How do I do that though?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Best way I know is, while in a single-player game (so a new world, in your instance), press U to open the Catalog. There is tab called Admin. It will list all the ships you have saved. Select your ship, and it will drop open a little info window and several buttons. One of them says Admin Load. Click that, and there you go.

Additionally, you can use this command: /load <ship blueprint name> <Name you give this current ship>
    So, for me on one of my ships, it would look like this: /load Highland_Rail_Refit Highland

Hope that helps some!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Best way I know is, while in a single-player game (so a new world, in your instance), press U to open the Catalog. There is tab called Admin. It will list all the ships you have saved. Select your ship, and it will drop open a little info window and several buttons. One of them says Admin Load. Click that, and there you go.

Additionally, you can use this command: /load <ship blueprint name> <Name you give this current ship>
    So, for me on one of my ships, it would look like this: /load Highland_Rail_Refit Highland

Hope that helps some!!
    Oh, I thought there was like a file with all of the registered ships on the server, and you could pull them and insert it onto another server....
    Could you do it like this, because I have put so much freaking work, full logic in every room, 2 months of exterior detailing, an interior!
    I was putting the finishing touches on the bridge while I spawned the insanths.
    Is this possible?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Guess I should have asked, is this being done on a multiplayer server, or in a single-player game? The method I described would work in single-player. If it's on a server, then I would suggest finding a way to contact a server admin, as they may have access to it. I'm not entirely sure if blueprints worked on server-side are saved on your local machine or not. If they do save on your machine, the file would be in your StarMade Blueprints folder, and you should be able to move it around from there. I haven't done a lot of server-play, since I focus mainly on designing ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    it is not impossible.
    In the corrupted world folder, delete these files:
    • chatchannels.tag
    • FLOATING_ITEMS_ARCHIVE.ent
    • FLOATING_ITEMS_ARCHIVE.ent.old
    • SIMULATION_STATE.sim
    • uniquePlayerCount
    • version
    Your world might work again, however, since it entered a corrupted state before I recommend to only use it to export all ships and stations into blueprints.
    Couldnt find FLOATING ITEMS ARCHIVE OLD, its sad now that I lost all of my work.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1449707936,1449707903][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for trying though :/
    [DOUBLEPOST=1449708192][/DOUBLEPOST]What about worlds from starmade copies?
    would that work in theory?

Reaction score
    I had the singleplayer & multiplayer stuck at connecting problem. I dissconnected my Xbox One controler from the usb slot on pc and that fixed it. So whats been said about joysticks and controlers or keyboard usb lights all have marrit. So if you have the problem be sure to check usb devices one by one. Good luck!