Silos for Hull Blocks

Reaction score
    Howdy there Space farers,

Several months ago there was something that I really wanted, and had not seen any one do just yet. Build a logic factory that manufacture every item of a that color hull. As in you put in materials and it would make your Basic Yellow armor, Yellow standard armor, Yellow advanced armor, and Yellow Crystal armor. Not just the basic blocks but also their Corner, Hepta, Tetra, and Wedge as well. Here it is the station factory itself with almost all the colors. Except Dark Grey which they just added of course.
    2015-12-03_00011a.jpg 2015-12-03_00026a.jpg 2015-12-03_00002.jpg 2015-12-03_00003.jpg 2015-12-03_00013.jpg 2015-12-03_00002.jpg

Attachments

Reaction score
    While the project was finished on my solo game I managed collect the blocks on a survival server, so I ended up creating a mini factory sorta based on the larger factory. It does not have the Silo's but I thought you guys might want to see it anyways. I am very inclined in replicating this theme for the station factory.

There is sort of a interesting story associated with this theme. This factory was built on a planet. However before I made this one I created a really small factory on an asteroid. With limited blocks from mining I had an abundance of Lava and Ice. I actually like the look of lava under glass but the light emitted can be a bit bright. I didn't know that ice was semi transparent till i tried to use one as a spacer near a lava block. I end up building a themed astroid and start to do some crafting when all of a sudden a band of pirates come out of no where as they usually and this particular group was all missile ships. The first thing that goes is my ship. It was a newbie salvager but it was the only one I had at the time. so I basically hid in my build block on the asteroid. they actually take some shots at the astroid.. but they never actually got me.. and they basically waited till they got bored and left. Guess they had a schedule to keep or something. So that is how I fell in love with this theme.

It probably should be noted that there are a ton of Factory enhancers scattered around the edges of the room. This makes this factory really modular and in the center hanging from the ceiling is the capsule refinery.. which is connected to a storage block, where all the factories are connected to take materials to build whatever you would like. Each factory has an on/off button at the bottom to aid in turning all the factories off instead of doing them all you just press a few buttons.

Hope you guys enjoy. Let me know if you guys have any questions. 2015-12-03_00021.jpg

Reaction score
    Very cool. I like the idea of specialized factory facilities. Does the station only produce hull or are there areas for building other things?

Reaction score
    Very cool. I like the idea of specialized factory facilities. Does the station only produce hull or are there areas for building other things?
    The color coded silo's outlining the factory are block specific. However at the front are the beginnings of factory blades that can build what ever you would like. 2015-12-03_00027.jpg

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I designed a factory that could produce any manufactured item at our faction base. To reduce the number of logic buttons needed, I merged options wherever possible. Using your hull as an example, you would choose a color, the armor level, and the shape. Other than making a button for each color, all of the hulls were selected using the same three armor buttons and five shape buttons. The system still had a long aisle of buttons to choose from, but it was great to have the whole system automated.

Sadly, the server admins did a reboot of the game while I was on hiatus and no one had saved the station beforehand.