Shipyard Turret Issues

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    So I began designing a modest sized ship in the shipyard. The shipyard was more than capable of handling the craft. After about an hour, I managed to finish off the hull and all her components. Sitting back, I admired my handiwork as I pressed "Print" and watched my ship come to life. Satisfied, I took my new hull and docked it to my station to begin adding turrets. After another hour, I finished putting the turrets that my heart desired. That's when I had an idea: Take the finished ship, turrets and all, and make it into a single shipyard blueprint. So I did.

Well, it docked just fine. No issues out the gate. Then I proceeded to deconstruct the ship into a new design. Named it, hugged it, and kissed it on the forehead before lovingly placing the design next to my other ships. However, it was not meant to be. Upon loading in the design, I noticed that almost every single turret was either missing entirely, or only partially constructed. Saddened, I printed the new ship and set about manually adding the turrets back.

Maybe it was an issue with deconstructing a ship with other docked entities? Sure. That could be it.

Back to the shipyard. I called up the first hull, the one lacking turrets. Perhaps things would go better if I added the turrets in the designer before making the ship, then things might be better. Well, no.

For the life of me, I can't seem to have any turrets docked to my ships once they are set to be constructed in the shipyard. Is this a problem for other people, or am I just doing something wrong?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This is one of the reasons I'm avoiding the shipyard until it is fully fixed and working. :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Its not just turrets ether Mycoloth. A few people (if I am remembering right) tried to replace drones on their carriers by using the shipyard. They ended up with drones that were part of the ship. Not separate entities docked to the carrier, but actually just blocks ON the carrier. Hope the bugs get worked out soon.

I almost think these "bugs" could be added as a "sabotage" feature XD. You somehow get to your enemy's shipyard and infect it with a computer virus. Oh the sweet, sweet griefing... I mean RPing... yea thats it. RPing.

Reaction score
    I've never had the issue of turrets not spawning although usually my entity count on things i use my shipyard for is less than 20 idk if that makes a difference or not.