Shipyard of NuclearFun

Reaction score
    So will any of the ships in your first post such as the Solar Yacht ever be released? Me likes civilian ships!

Reaction score
    I noticed you placed turrets quite far in the front of your ship. They can be shoot down by your own main cannons. You would have to be careful with the angle you fire your main guns

Reaction score
    really I remember my guns destroying my own turrets. Here is a picture I took

edit.

picture remove

Reaction score
    If you dont shoot your guns from a viewpoint where you can aim at your turrets it should be fine. I never had any real problems with that on my ships.

...and could you please remove your picture from my thread (a link would suffice)

Reaction score
    you should build the KOL capital ship from Sins of a Solar Empire.

Reaction score
    I really admire your detail work. I cannot bring my builds to lock this good.It seems to be the special thing, which gives ships the lock of an actual space vessel and not just, well a ship from a game.

Reaction score
    As i dont think that i will upload the Nemesis because it being so big (more than 7.8M blocks right now and over the max creditcost) i thought i could post some inside looks and even maybe a small tour later when it is finished.

the heart: 12 docked power reactors, each providing 1.2M recharge and 50M storage, you can drain all of them in a little bit over 1 second (so it is like a 600M recharge with cooldown)

a little bit rp: the main reactor hall above/between the modular reactors. Useful decoration: the Power Generator stripes run along a third of the ship and provide the power recharge till softcap, the Power tanks are all interconnected, even though i used power tanks all around for decoration there is just one group for max efficiency.

the corridor to the forward observation deck

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Pratical and good looking. I like it.

Also, how large are the powerdrain arrays on the ship? I tried doing a similar setup on a project (it wound up deleted) and the size of the powerdrain arrays to be effective was ridicous.

Reaction score
    The Nemesis uses basically the same amc cannon as the Kronos as I was really happy with that (48 Barrels with 2250 Blocks each, doing 554k dps standard).

2*4 Dumbfire and 2*4 BB Missiles. I also tested missile turrets, broadside missiles and amcs but could not get them to work properly :(

Turretwise the Nemesis uses a very different path, bigger but fewer: 6 big hig dps (170k dps) turrets, 9 medium turrets (and a lot of close range defence turrets) wins the Nemesis the damage matchup.

To sustain the amc array and the 1.4M Thrust (giving a 2:1 thrust to mass ratio) the 2 Billion energy storage is filled by 36M energy recharge, when adding the above shown modular reactors and powerdrain the amc array can fire indefinitely.

Defensive systems: 22M Shields.

It is not build to be good looking or something, i wanted an armored fortress/dreadnought. Something without a thermal exhaust port leading directly to the reactor...

@Itmauve: each powerdrain group consists of just under 6000 blocks

Reaction score
    i want that ship so badly and i just don\'t think i have the money to replace a melted hardrive just yet

great work man

Reaction score
    Extremely impressive detailing and design. Does it lag the system alot during fights with other big ships?

Reaction score
    framerate and lag is tolerable despite the high block- (currently 8.1M) and turretcount.

have yet to battle test it against something really big (preferably against itself)

Reaction score
    Did you test with the dev build? And was it in single player or on a server?

I hope big ships can now actually fight without serious lag.

Reaction score
    your ships are absolutely amazing! i was just wondering if there is a download link for your second frigate, on page one there is a 3 frigate picture, and i love the 3rd one, but also love the second one and wondering if you allow people to download that one?

Reaction score
    The dev build worked fine untill i loaded in the ship above (>8M blocks) ;-) , but its a Phenom 2 X4 955 (quadcore 3.2GHz)

thx, i will upload the frigate on the weekend.