Shipyard beauty!

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Here's the first serious shipyard/refueling station I built.

More pictures at the download page if anyone's interested: https://starmadedock.net/content/petroflux-h56-refueling-repair.6934/
    (I intend to update it with the new systems sometime in the following months.)

BTW, I like your's too, aceface, it's simple but neat / tidy / built cleanly (y)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    WIP so still a bunch of marker blocks and unfinished detailing but I can't resist a thread like this and it'll be a while before this gets finished so...
    Design idea is a large magnetic nanobot construction yard. Dry dock internal dimensions of 500x200x200 completely enclosed with large doors either end.
    Clear tube along the side has a shootout rail car to get from the middle out to the ends. I'm currently stuck trying to work out a way to avoid putting in lots of lifts without putting transporters everywhere. Trying to keep the entity count down on a project like this is challenging.
    Top side will have a central hangar and small landing pads for small craft and fighters. Far side will have landing pads for mid sized ships. Visible side for larger ships.
    Still to add factories and storage but will place them in large industrial styled containers along the sides and underside.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    WIP so still a bunch of marker blocks and unfinished detailing but I can't resist a thread like this and it'll be a while before this gets finished so...
    Design idea is a large magnetic nanobot construction yard. Dry dock internal dimensions of 500x200x200 completely enclosed with large doors either end.
    Clear tube along the side has a shootout rail car to get from the middle out to the ends. I'm currently stuck trying to work out a way to avoid putting in lots of lifts without putting transporters everywhere. Trying to keep the entity count down on a project like this is challenging.
    Top side will have a central hangar and small landing pads for small craft and fighters. Far side will have landing pads for mid sized ships. Visible side for larger ships.
    Still to add factories and storage but will place them in large industrial styled containers along the sides and underside.
    I am beyond jelly!! This is a masterpiece!! I will deff try to talk to mods to give you masterbuilders badge!!!

Reactions: MrGrey1

Kraengis

stuff builder
    Reaction score
    beautiful!!!!!
    Thanks man, glad you like it!

The detailing of structure beams/conduit is really cool! It gives a complex industrial look. Do you have a pic of the inside of the dock?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    Thanks man, glad you like it!

The detailing of structure beams/conduit is really cool! It gives a complex industrial look. Do you have a pic of the inside of the dock?
    Sure do.

Access point and shipyard control room in the middle. Lot of work still to do there in the control area. This is a conversion & upgrade of my V1 station to V2 so there's a fair bit of ripping out of the old and putting in the new to make it all work again. At the moment the control room is too small and pokey and needs expansion to make it more in line with the rest of the station. Behind the right hand hinge there's another access point to the door control room. I've made that accessible when the door is in either state so a bike or astronaut can get in and out easily. I like to design all my stuff so that it's easily accessible and functional, I don't like having to travel to get things done.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    First detailled station with a shipyard, with 2 enclosed docks that uses a radio to ID the ship. WIP

Very Spacey... Very Nice!
    Will you be releasing on the Dock?
    [doublepost=1535009396,1535007254][/doublepost]
    Here's the first serious shipyard/refueling station I built.

More pictures at the download page if anyone's interested: https://starmadedock.net/content/petroflux-h56-refueling-repair.6934/
    (I intend to update it with the new systems sometime in the following months.)

BTW, I like your's too, aceface, it's simple but neat / tidy / built cleanly (y)

I liked this concept sooo much I imported for Public use on the LK server and am installing new systems...
    The biggest problem I had was getting one shield to encompass the entire station (am not a fan of numerous shields*).
    I have relocated the Shipyard Control room to the back middle and installed a mega-Shield-recharge system in its place.
    Also reworking the pipes to accommadate the power streams, shield systems etc...
    Changed the Abbr. on the Silos to LUX, a German company (perfect match!).
    Doing my best to stay true to your Design...
    I hope you approve! ;)
    Some teasers...
    PETRO-FLUX-TEASER_1.jpg PETRO-FLUX-TEASER_2.jpg PETRO-FLUX-TEASER_3.jpg PETRO-FLUX-TEASER_4.jpg PETRO-FLUX-TEASER_5.jpg PETRO-FLUX-TEASER_6.jpg PETRO-FLUX-TEASER_7.jpg
    Update: Added 1 more pic from above
    [doublepost=1535009743][/doublepost]
    Sure do.

Access point and shipyard control room in the middle. Lot of work still to do there in the control area. This is a conversion & upgrade of my V1 station to V2 so there's a fair bit of ripping out of the old and putting in the new to make it all work again. At the moment the control room is too small and pokey and needs expansion to make it more in line with the rest of the station. Behind the right hand hinge there's another access point to the door control room. I've made that accessible when the door is in either state so a bike or astronaut can get in and out easily. I like to design all my stuff so that it's easily accessible and functional, I don't like having to travel to get things done.
    Looking very nice, lots of fine detailing!
    The Milano is also very cool, just that problem with the door-chunk-lapping is unfortunate.
    The Milano is also on the LK server for public use! ;)

Last edited:
    Reactions: aceface

Kraengis

stuff builder
    Reaction score
    Sure do.

Interesting design thought a little bit too bright, but that's just my personal taste. Still exellent work! Will you publish it in the CC?

Very Spacey... Very Nice!
    Will you be releasing on the Dock?
    [doublepost=1535009396,1535007254][/doublepost]
    I liked this concept sooo much I imported for Public use on the LK server and am installing new systems...
    The biggest problem I had was getting one shield to encompass the entire station (am not a fan of numerous shields*).
    I have relocated the Shipyard Control room to the back middle and installed a mega-Shield-recharge system in its place.
    Also reworking the pipes to accommadate the power streams, shield systems etc...
    I hope you approve! ;)
    Some teasers...
    View attachment 50225 View attachment 50226 View attachment 50227 View attachment 50228 View attachment 50229 View attachment 50230
    [doublepost=1535009743][/doublepost]

Looking very nice, lots of fine detailing!
    The Milano is also very cool, just that problem with the door-chunk-lapping is unfortunate.
    Thanks!
    I will put it in the CC, for now I'm about 30-40% done with it. I think I'll can finish it in about 10 days

Reactions: Tsnonak
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I hope you approve! ;)
    Some teasers...

I certainly do approve, indeed. - Thanks, Tsnonak, it's nice to see that old industrial oasis being actually used for its intended purpose.

It was actually a pleasant surprise to witness that, besides being utilized as a practical station, it also has signs of substantial work that was put into modifying / customizing / expanding / modernizing it.

I see some design choices there that I definitely like. I too have decided that this particular creation of mine would worth revisiting to refit with the modern systems, but other projects got in the way... But now that it's little short of 500 downloads (my most popular CC resource) I will surely update it shortly after finishing what I'm currently working on.

I was thinking to install a giant shield recharger unit right underneath the ringy shipyard, but your solution seems good too. By the way, those blue tanks/silos with the "LOX" label are meant to store Liquid Oxygen (each contain realistic fuels/oxidizers).

I also like some of the ships you have parked there, particularly that big yellow one outside, a freighter by the looks of it.

Great job with all of it (y)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    Sorry could you clarify the issue with the door?
    Great that it's getting some use. Makes the time spent more worth while. :)

Interesting design thought a little bit too bright, but that's just my personal taste. Still exellent work! Will you publish it in the CC?
    Yah it is bright. I prefer dark and gloomy as well. I like the spooky feel, the movie/s Alien/s had a profound effect on my younger self and I've always leaned toward the dark industrial theme but I wanted the yard to be bright so there's no issue with lighting when building and lots of light for a work area like that seemed appropriate. The brightness is actually one of the prompts that moved me to putting doors on it, so you can hide the brightness away. I'm going for a semi dark command shipyard computer room area as well so you walk through the darkish internals and then come to the brightly lit ship in the middle. I think it will add to the atmosphere nicely.
    When I spend as much time on these builds as I do it'd be much more worthwhile to share them so yeah, it will be on the Dock one day but I'm not the fastest builder and I tend to fiddle with things and do huge revisions so some day in the distant future... same with the Yamato lol, if I could only make the damn Wave Motion gun not feel like a piddly Needler rifle.

Great work all around guys. Coming here always gets me motivated! /thumbsup

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    By the way, those blue tanks/silos with the "LOX" label are meant to store Liquid Oxygen (each contain realistic fuels/oxidizers).

I also like some of the ships you have parked there, particularly that big yellow one outside, a freighter by the looks of it.

Great job with all of it (y)
    Yes I was aware of the Liquid Oxygen, the thing with LUX being a german company on a german server was just too good to pass up. ;)
    I am also looking to move systems (shields/power) out of Silos and into self-contained Engineered Units, like it would be in reality... Silos will be used soley for storage of stuffs...
    The yellow ships are SkyLordLuke's: FleetSubmission 5 Engineer fleet, I thought they would be the perfect compliment to the Petroflux Repair and Refueling Outpost!
    I really like the Industrial look. ^^
    Update: definitely worth revisiting, looking forward to your Updated version ;)

Sorry could you clarify the issue with the door?
    I would swear you posted a comment about removing the motion sensors around the doors because of the Chunk borders, but I can't seem to find it spur of the moment...
    Yes the access doors were a little wierd, seems like a Chunk border thing... will give a better response soon as I get to it :s

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I prefer dark and gloomy as well. I like the spooky feel, the movie/s Alien/s had a profound effect on my younger self and I've always leaned toward the dark industrial theme
    High five, man! - Gosh, call me a weirdo (mostly a compliment in my book), but sometimes I find it so easy to suddenly develop an ample amount of sympathy for even near-total strangers, even under such faceless/anonymous circumstances... Because, for me, that line quoted above is almost as if I would've read an instance of self-expression of a clone/twin of mine.

The "Alien" fictional universe had a really profound impact on my younger self as well, programming me too to produce, in some counter-instinctual way, positive inner reactions to dark, bleak, industrial atmospheres... One would think something like that is a very rare occurrence.

It must've been like age 5. - A young kindergarten teacher of mine was asked one weekend to look out for me, and she was rock-and-roll enough that we not alone baked pizza together, but she got me a pretty graphic Alien comic book... Few years later, on an apocalyptically rainy day, a buddy of mine and I found a copy of the widely-hated "Alien 3" movie in my dad's film stash. It was a fossil of a VHS tape, with only one guy overdubbing EVERY actor of this female-main-character movie, in Romanian (which we barely spoke lol), but watching it to the end somehow still turned out to be a memorable / inspiring / formative experience.

I mean come on people, the plot of that flick revolved around the struggles of life-prisoners working on an exoplanetary foundry: the PERFECT combination of being proudly useful and mellowly hopeless. Results are that to this day (in fact, last time was just yesterday lol) when I see stuff like 20-30 kg greasy pistons of dismantled 12-cylinder freight locomotive engines left lying around on the weedy ground of crumbling small-town railway stations at midnight, predestined to be taken apart by metal thieves and entropy, well, frankly, my hearth is filled with what I'd describe as enviably cheaply obtained deep joy... Because it's dark, and it's bleak, and it's industrial. Strange, I know.

So yeah, I too am a fan of that kind of stuff... In fact, I recall you, MrGrey, liking a clue-revealing post of my Quasar E77 station (CC page: https://starmadedock.net/content/mega-project-the-mysterious-science-station.7500/). Well, here's another clue: habitation section; private rooms corridor; Weyland-Yutani corporate executive's room; the e-mail left open on his computer's display has an unmistakable reference to the station's biggest hidden secret. And sorry for the nostalgic off-topic rant everyone ;)

Yes I was aware of the Liquid Oxygen, the thing with LUX being a german company on a german server was just too good to pass up. ;)
    I am also looking to move systems (shields/power) out of Silos and into self-contained Engineered Units, like it would be in reality... Silos will be used soley for storage of stuffs...
    The yellow ships are SkyLordLuke's: FleetSubmission 5 Engineer fleet, I thought they would be the perfect compliment to the Petroflux Repair and Refueling Outpost!
    I really like the Industrial look. ^^
    Update: definitely worth revisiting, looking forward to your Updated version ;)
    Yeah, the renaming sounds like an appropriate choice if you play on a german sever... but wait... a quick search I did suggests that LUX is a beer company. So you decided to store beer in those 40 meter tall tanks? Nice, I can relate to that :rolleyes:

But with all seriousness, I like your plans... Structural components that resemble real-life machinery should house functional blocks that are most appropriate for that role. I tend to aim for such realism too.

And I was actually familiar with that fleet of SkylordLuke, just didn't remember the freighter. It sure looks nice and fitting there. And thanks for saying that this station is worth revisiting, knowing that others would like to see an update will make the job of refitting it more enjoyable :)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Tsnonak and MrGrey1
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, the renaming sounds like an appropriate choice if you play on a german sever... but wait... a quick search I did suggests that LUX is a beer company. So you decided to store beer in those 40 meter tall tanks? Nice, I can relate to that :rolleyes:

But with all seriousness, I like your plans... Structural components that resemble real-life machinery should house functional blocks that are most appropriate for that role. I tend to aim for such realism too.

And I was actually familiar with that fleet of SkylordLuke, just didn't remember the freighter. It sure looks nice and fitting there. And thanks for saying that this station is worth revisiting, knowing that others would like to see an update will make the job of refitting it more enjoyable :)
    HaHa... althought the thought of 40 meter Tanks filled with Beer is intriguing, I actually ment:
    LUX_2.jpg LUX_1.jpg

Glad to hear you like it!
    Although I did like the "Old" earth-style City-Blocks, I am going for a more "spacey" look.
    Still a long way togo until it is finished, but got the overall look I'm aiming for already.
    Teaser:

PETRO-FLUX-TEASER_8.jpg
    Great Station, It would also be nice to see a few different variants imo. ;)

... and generally speaking...

Stations / Shops that are realistically built, Power/Shield/Engineering-rooms (like the Petro-Flux!)...
    Shops with adequate storage facilities and "fully" accessable to the public (not just the docks*), with built-in Automated Factories to produce items.
    Many stations are simply-slightly too small.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Glad to hear you like it!
    Although I did like the "Old" earth-style City-Blocks, I am going for a more "spacey" look.
    Still a long way togo until it is finished, but got the overall look I'm aiming for already.
    Teaser:

That's very nice renovation work there. I actually prefer this style to my previous brick-building kind of style. Keep up the great work! (y)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    So I found this while going through my old blueprints. I never got to finish it, but I might as well post it here anyways.

Yes I know, the size is ridiculous. It was meant for my titan (and it's too small now)...

X: (I forgot)
    Y: 306
    Z: 1381

Last edited: