[Ship] FTL mantis cruiser

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Nice!
    I would, however, seriously reduce the number of rooms in favour of system-space. :)
    The front five rooms, for example, could be taken out and their respective systems installed alongside others in their rooms.
    The ones in the engines I'd probably also take out. That way you're left with more room for thrusters.

josemik

Freelancer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    thanks for the suggestions :), i tried to make the ship to look exactly like the one from the game, i will make a second version of the ship with your suggestions and more things

BJammin

Part-Time Eldritch Abomination
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    As a fellow FTL fan, great build! It's a good start on this ship.

However, if I may suggest something, you might want to round out the red armor plates a bit more. If you look closely at the original image, you can see some subtle shading on the various hull plates to give it a more rounded look, and subsequently more depth. Your ship is currently very flat, and loses accuracy to the original by it. At the very least, maybe replace the current edges with wedges, heptas, and tetras to get some of this effect in without drastically changing your ship.

Other than that though, you've done a pretty good job at re-creating the ship. Keep at it!

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Fantastic start! I would love to see more FTL ships in this game. I agree with Cird and BJammin though. Keep up the awesome work! Looking forward to seeing more.

Reactions: BJammin and josemik

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ...I would, however, seriously reduce the number of rooms in favour of system-space. :)
    The front five rooms, for example, could be taken out and their respective systems installed alongside others in their rooms.
    The ones in the engines I'd probably also take out. That way you're left with more room for thrusters.
    I would think it would make sense to set up systems inside the rooms. (E.g. Thruster blocks set up in large stacks, arranged against the back of the engine rooms) Especially if the third dimension is really expanded, making the rooms very tall, and/or having space in the floors and ceilings for additional systems. Then you have all the rooms, plus the RP aspect of having full access to the systems for maintenance, upgrades, etc.

BJammin

Part-Time Eldritch Abomination
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    BJammin, i will try thanks :), its pretty hard to create 3d form a 2d sprite :]
    I can attest to that, for sure. Tried my hand at making a few FTL ships before, but ended up scrapping them after several attempts (or failures, if you will).

Reactions: josemik