ship disappear at 0% hp

Reaction score
    Hi.
    So I'm in my battleship, killing pirates. Those scrub ships of 1k mass insta killed when I launch a massive cluster nuke on them and half the ship is gone. I find it strange that it still takes quite a bit of time of the ship just floating in space able to become fully operational again after taking so much damage.

I suggest that a ship disappears/disintegrates like when the overheat timer goes to 0 seconds when a ship's hp goes to 0%.

I feel like this would give a good feeling and more satisfaction of having a ship blow up (overheat) instantly when launching a big enough hit on a small ship for instance that their hp went all the way down to zero.

I also see it making less mess and quicker clean up of entities

I also see it as a way to impose a degree of logic into the salvaging system. "You don't want to damage the ship too much so that it implodes" kind of thoughts I could see. However you obviously don't do that anyway because you want to be able to salvage as much blocks as possible.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    So, you are saying there shouldn't be any overheating for ships that reach zero hp, and they instead just disappear/disintegrate immediately? I personally don't like ships disappearing at all and would like ships to instead become debris after overheating or reaching zero hp. Debris would be entities like asteroids that would be there for mining/salvaging. It would make it possible to come across large debris fields from large fleet battles that one could explore. Capital ships that get destroyed in this way would be like that derelict station that looks like a ship, the difference being that each wreak would be unique, making each exploration of a destroyed ships different from the last. Since I am arguing against this proposal, it isn't cheeky/bad taste to post a link to my own thread where I described this in more detail, is it? It isn't off topic since it is kind of like providing a counter/alternative to this, so please don't hate on me for that. The reason I would like my system better is because I rarely get involved in conflicts; I'll instead wait off in the distance for a battle between two factions to end, and then I'll rush in to salvage as much from their ships as possible. Ships disappearing means less profit for players like me.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like this idea to cut down on collisions and server lag for small docked rail entities like doors, torpedoes etc, when they overheat and become dislodged.

Reactions: Dire Venom

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Maybe small objects should disappear at zero, but not bigger ships. Otherwise, how am I supposed to salvage them?

Reaction score
    Maybe small objects should disappear at zero, but not bigger ships. Otherwise, how am I supposed to salvage them?
    ships overheat at 50% but im saying that they disapear automatically at 0%
    so simly not further damage it after it's overheated to go beyond the 0% hp mark.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    ships overheat at 50% but im saying that they disapear automatically at 0%
    so simly not further damage it after it's overheated to go beyond the 0% hp mark.
    Because armor is worth much less SHP, you can end up with a lot of leftover blocks even when a ship is at "zero" structure.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    Doesn't reaching zero hitpoints require destruction of all the blocks anyway? When I kill pirates and salvage all the blocks except the core it still has some hitpoints.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Doesn't reaching zero hitpoints require destruction of all the blocks anyway? When I kill pirates and salvage all the blocks except the core it still has some hitpoints.
    Not really, when the ship has above a certain mass the HP pool takes additional damage up to 2.1x from what I understand XD