Shield efficiency as an optional config value

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I suggest adding a shield efficiency value in config. It would define how much damage is absorbed by shield and how much will pass through. Value should be between 0.01 and 1 (1% and 100%) So 0.95 would mean that 95% of the damage is done to shield and 5% will be done to blocks. Some hardcode players and especially haters of borg system only trollships may like this idea. Some people may not like this idea at all so...
    This vould be optional and default should stay at 1.

This is not first time this is being suggested, visit the original suggestion:
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/shield-penetration-armor-relevance-and-system-damage.2776/
    But since we now have got HP system and shipyards for repairs, some ideas may be outdated but still valid.

Reactions: alterintel

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    and especially haters of borg system only trollships may like this idea
    Haha, no. System bricks have been dead ever since the HP update. Doom Cubes themselves will probably never go away, but hulless ships are as good as dead these days.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Efficiencies at different shield percentages...
    100% to 75%: shields block all damage
    75% to 50%: shields block 75% of damage
    50% to 1%: shields block 50% of damage

Or something like that. I shouldn't have to repair my armor if my shields barely get dented.

Reaction score
    Considering how much of an enormous pain in the ass it is to repair hull, Until thats changed, Shields should block 100% damage regardless.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4

Really hate having to repair armor, even when I deserved the damage, so why would I even think of having shields that don't block all damage until they fail?
    Sorry, not something I would use on my server, and if it was made part of the core game mechanics, I'd quit playing.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    As a configuration option, I won't object. I just doubt it will be a common set up. This may fall under the category of mod stuff.