1. 19th of July, 2019: SMD is currently under maintenance, the site may go down while we are working on it. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    2. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software. We expect to make the move before July.

Shadow - A server side modification for Starmade

Discussion in 'WIP' started by Doomsider, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Doomsider

Doomsider Server scriptologist

I have tested the new install.sh script on several installs now without a problem until last night. On fresh install chatcommands were not working. I killed the server with ./shadow.dtsd kill and then restarted it. This time I got multiple returns for commands. I could not figure out what caused this behavior other then the script somehow executing out of order or kill not stopping all the processes. I issued kill a few times and waited and then started the server and it worked perfectly. If anyone experiences this issue please let me know because I cannot replicate it since.

2. Doomsider

I have pushed a lot of bug fixes and new features lately but the end of the month approaches and it looks like I will have to put off Alpha release to towards the end of next month. It seems like the more work I do the more I realize needs to be done ;)

3. Xoza

Eagerly waiting, again, if you need any assistance, just let me know!

4. AssIn9

I am trying to use this system on my current build server.. none of the commands are working and no information is being populated into PLAYERDB; any help would be appreciated.

5. Doomsider

You can check CONFIGDTSD_SCRIPTSCREEN.log to see if the logloop function is running. With an older version of script I was having issues with the first start after an install and I thought I had fixed it. You can try kill the server with ./shadow.dtsd kill and then starting it again to see if that is the issue. Let me know if so and I will take a look again at the code for a fix.

Also the script uses Mysql for a lot of the heavy work and parsing the log quickly. So if the Mysql part is not setup the active portions of the script will not function at all.

6. AssIn9

I found my problem. I named the db shadow instead of dtsddb. find and replace fixed easily.

7. Titansmasher

Ooh, great to see you got this up and working! Sorry I wasnt around to help with the development :( Looks like youve done a great job though ^^

8. waski35

I'm finishing first working iteration of Star Made Web Manager (MVC web manager app), which uses shadow, to show (sortable, searchable views conatinig almost all data from shadow database) and allow control star made dedicated server via web gui. For details see : GitHub - waski35/SMWebManager or (SMWM) Star Made Web Manager

Currently You can control starmade server : start/stop/restart/update/backup, manage players (kick, ban, unban, give credits etc.) , stations, asteroids, ships, shops (despawn, destroy). Theres more to come this weekend. It works, but i had not much time to test it.

I'm writting this to just let You know. And of course to thank you very much for your shadow.
      I'm plannig to add most of commands available for sm admins, it should go fast given architecture of shadow and this web app.

There's already working code on master branch.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. JumpSuit

JumpSuit Lost-Legacy Director

I am very intrigued about this.

10. Asvarduil

Asvarduil Builder of Very Small Ships

Reading the source code for Shadow is really interesting. I'm looking into creating my own modded server, and this framework might really help me! Thanks for posting this awesome, awesome resource.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Alendon

Alendon Programmer

I'm rly interested to make own modules for this wrapper, the bad im not the experienced scripter, maybe there are a few people outside who can give tips or help, maybe someone which are experienced with this wrapper

12. Tsnonak

Tsnonak Let's_Kautsch!

Long Time.... Is this dead or still working?
      Thanks!

13. JumpSuit

Wanna say dead but not to sure.

• Like Like x 1
    14. DrTarDIS

DrTarDIS Eldrich Timelord

I think Benevolent27 Picked up the development and is running a heavily modified version on LvD. Could be wrong,

15. JumpSuit

That is Benevolent's own thing.

• Like Like x 1
    16. NoPantsMcDance

It should work. Project wise this is dead. Bash is one of the easiest scripting languages though and if you ever use linux at all it's worth learning.

17. Benevolent27

Benevolent27 Join the Dark Side

Yeah, though Melvin is written in bash, he is his own bot. I'll probably never release the wrapper we are currently using to the public, just because it's so heavily customized to run on LvD. I will eventually release an opensource wrapper written in node.js, which will be free to the public and which will be 100% comprehensive and have plugin support with full documentation. However, with my limited time it's been going slow lately.

• Like Like x 1