(SMWM) Star Made Web Manager

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    SMWM is a tool for Starmade Dedicated server's admins using doomsiders shadow to view server's stats, logs, and all doomsiders data in more elegant fashion than using phpmyadmin and logging into db.
    I'm working on more features giving ability to control server instance and manage more game objects.

It works on server side on top of doomsiders shadow, and allows to view, sort, search all data contained in doomsiders database containing all objects from gameservser and stats (including logs etc) and controll these objects by sending commands to star made server. Everything is done as web application which You can use as any web page after logging in to Admin Panel (see description for details how to modify default admin account).

THERE ARE TWO ALTERNATIVE VERSIONS OF THIS SOFTWARE BOTH MAINTAINED AND DEVELOPED BY ME - One for Phalcon php Framework , second for Symfony 2.8 Framework

You need to know how to set up Apache Web Server (mpm-itk), install modules for PHP 5.5, configure Ubuntu Server to serve web pages, use MySql database, and doomsiders shadow, also how to setup starmade dedicated server from commandline.

Tested under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

Project repository with full description, install instructions, project dependencies, and brief of development summary (github) - GitHub - waski35/starmadewebmanager (Symfony 2.8 Framework version) MAIN DEVELOPMENT BRANCH

On master branch You will find working features, on dev branch things may break suddenly.

FUTURE PLANS :
    - add user/permission model to database backend, so role management will be possible with built-in admin panel pages,
    - integrate above with starmade registry, when it becomes available with needed features, so admins, and users could log-in by theirs star-made.org account in secure way (star-made.org would be playing role of authentication provider in this setup),
    - improve (this is currently available but needs some extensions) ability to view and edit, delete world objects that are stored in starmade dedicated server database, also ability to perform such operations on groups of objects (selectable via checkbox on list) ,
    - and other features listed here : SMWebManager · GitHub

UPDATE (1 November 2017) :
    version for Symfony 2.8 Framework :
    - fixed wrong format of sending commands to starmade server, this way i fixed code regression that appeared some time ago, tested awhile and it works
    - fixed shop and ship controller

version for Phalcon 3.x Framework :
    - fixed wrong formula which has been used in player details screen, that caused command to be rejeted by starmade server.

UPDATE (6 September 2017):
    version for Phalcon PHP Framework 3.0.x (also 3.1 and 3.2 supported) :
    - fixed flash notifications on user actions (login, logout, login error etc.),
    - fixed not redirecting on login page on bad login, instead blank page was showing (not giving access to anywhere)

UPDATE (17 June 2017) :
    version for Phalcon PHP Framework 3.0.x :
    - added better not found handler, that redirects now to index,
    - updated readme.md to be more informal (fixed that bug with misleading instructions)

UPDATE (26 February 2017):
    version for Symfony 2.8 :
    - released on master
    - all functionality from phalcon version works in symfony version (listing, showing all data from server, sending commands to server),

version for Phalcon 3.0 :
    - minor changes to messages with confirmations/warnings

both versions :
    - updated significantly readme, and install instructions to be more straightforward

UPDATE (14 January 2017) :

see this post for details : (SMWM) Star Made Web Manager

UPDATE (13 January 2017):
    - added ability to start/stop/restart doomsiders shadow and starmade server connected to it,
    - added ability to ban/unban player by its account, give player 1 mil credits, kick player, kill player,
    - added ability to despawn ship, station, asteroid
    - added ability to destroy shop,
    - see "in development" on my github for more details or project summary what is in proggress, it testing etc.

Link to DOWNLOAD stand-alone all-in-one version topic on My server's forum : Star Made Web Manager for Symforny 2.8 version 1.0 - [PL] Starmade Serwer Community for all those guys having trouble installing dependencies of this project, still You have to know how to install and configure linux server software required by this project and its dependencies.

Some Pictures :

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Thank You. I'm testing currently server instance managing feature (start/stop/restart) - on dev branch theres not fully tested, but to some extent working code. Also (probably this weekend) I'll push some new code to dev branch regarding player management and other objects (kick, ban, despawn etc.) - current revision of these does not work as intended. Probably I'll have to find (I've already some ideas, but due to lack of time mid-week, I coudn't test it) another way to to do it.

Reactions: DukeofRealms
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Development status updated - see first post. Currently some of features regarding controlling players, stations, ships, shops, asteroids are on master branch and working. However despawning asteroids, stations or shops has not been fully tested - but it should work just like others.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Update 14 January 2017 - (master branch) :
    - fixed and working station, ship, asteroid despawn
    - fixed Server Ranks for players view not showing any content
    - added and tested shop full restock,
    - added and tested player whitelisting (name), set rank for player among existing ranks (app queries shadow for any rank so custom ranks are allowed),
    - added set /unset god mode for player,
    - improved visuals in player details,
    - added chatlogs from doomsiders database (view - sortable, searchable),

As allways master branch contains mostly working / stable code.

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    Awesome! Really excited about this project and this is one of those things I wanted to get setup with Shadow. Thanks for taking the time and effort to do this and let me know if I can help.

Reactions: waski35
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    With today's update there are changes to readme.md (fixing some misleading instructions) and better not found handler. Details in first post.

UPDATE :
    I have highlighted some core features that will be pushed to release as development of web manager continues and new possibilities will become available in starmade API.

Last edited:
    Reactions: RabidBat
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    With today's update i'm bringing fixes to flash session notifications in Phalcon version of SWM. I have also fixed not working redirection to login page in case of bad user credentials instead of showing blank page. Login with bad credentials was not possible either way, but now its more informative to the user if he/she also see flash notification with text about bas login or password pair.

Reactions: nightrune

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Would be nice if I didn't have to compile it myself tho... (cause ya need various programs to even do so...)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Would be nice if I didn't have to compile it myself tho... (cause ya need various programs to even do so...)
    You do not have to compile anything - PHP is interpreted language, symfony is a php framework written in php, and phalcon is distributed as precompiled php module (at least for Debian/Ubuntu, Red Hat etc.) from its own repositories. SMWM is written in PHP with use of Symfony or Phalcon.
    If You mean fact that I used package managers for web to download dependencies of project - instead of incorporating all the code into my project, I did it for reason. Mostly because dependencies are separate projects, licensed under Open Source Licenses though, however I would need permission from their authors to incorporate their code into my project. I only use them as dependencies, installable from bower, composer or npm, so there's no need to incorporate them into my repository. I have provided instructions how to install dependencies, read them carefully, and follow. This and some knowledge about Linux Server Administration and Setup, should be enough.
    However I can not provide tech support for any random linux distro out there, because I don't have time for this. I have full time job, family and other more important things to do daily. I have already stated that this project is intended for people that know the basics of these things.

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    You do not have to compile anything - PHP is interpreted language, symfony is a php framework written in php, and phalcon is distributed as precompiled php module (at least for Debian/Ubuntu, Red Hat etc.) from its own repositories. SMWM is written in PHP with use of Symfony or Phalcon.
    If You mean fact that I used package managers for web to download dependencies of project - instead of incorporating all the code into my project, I did it for reason. Mostly because dependencies are separate projects, licensed under Open Source Licenses though, however I would need permission from their authors to incorporate their code into my project. I only use them as dependencies, installable from bower, composer or npm, so there's no need to incorporate them into my repository. I have provided instructions how to install dependencies, read them carefully, and follow. This and some knowledge about Linux Server Administration and Setup, should be enough.
    However I can not provide tech support for any random linux distro out there, because I don't have time for this. I have full time job, family and other more important things to do daily. I have already stated that this project is intended for people that know the basics of these things.
    Sounds complicated :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Today's update brings fixes in player details screen, which was unable to perform successful actions on player entity, due to wrong format of commands sent. There was some code regression in this topic months ago, which i catched, still not sure how it hapenned ;) Also fiixes in ship and shop details screen, which included unneeded class.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Published stand alone version with all-in-one package in form of zip -file. Look for link to My server's forum on bottom of first post.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    This week I posted on github repository another update. This time column width in admin screens has been fixed, so it no longer overlaps working box of web browsers when viewing tables of serwer data, mostly it is visible in Players admin screen, but all views has been corrected with this fix. Fix is available both in dev and master branch, as it has been tested, and currently running on release branch, and serwer. To patch existing installation of SMWM, just download zip from github, and replace all solution files, overwriting them with versions from zip file containg mater branch code. Patch has been released on code repository only for version of SMWM for Symfony 2.8 framework. I'm currently considering if Phalcon PHP Framework version of SMWM is neccesary, to maintain, since phalcon php framework is much less popular in web developer world.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    This week I posted on github repository another update. This time column width in admin screens has been fixed, so it no longer overlaps working box of web browsers when viewing tables of serwer data, mostly it is visible in Players admin screen, but all views has been corrected with this fix. Fix is available both in dev and master branch, as it has been tested, and currently running on release branch, and serwer. To patch existing installation of SMWM, just download zip from github, and replace all solution files, overwriting them with versions from zip file containg mater branch code. Patch has been released on code repository only for version of SMWM for Symfony 2.8 framework. I'm currently considering if Phalcon PHP Framework version of SMWM is neccesary, to maintain, since phalcon php framework is much less popular in web developer world.
    This is your new repo right? waski35/starmadewebmanager

Might want to update your forum post :)

Reactions: JumpSuit
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    This is your new repo right? waski35/starmadewebmanager

Might want to update your forum post :)
    It is already mentioned, this repo isn't new - there are 2 versions of this web manager: for symfony and for phalcon, I just wanted to say that I'm still maintaining version for symfony2 .8, and considering further deveopment for phalcon php framework.
    [doublepost=1535750323,1535749888][/doublepost]OK, I redesigned a starting post, a bit to reflect recent changes. And one more important thing You all guys should know - [PL]Starmade Server Community Forum has been moved to new domain, starmade.36.waw.pl . I'm still in full charge of this web server and domain - change is only cosmetic.

Reactions: DukeofRealms