Server (Starting Items and Credits)

Reaction score
    Hey guys.. I couldn't find a thread on this already. I want to change the starter items settings, I can't seem to find them in the config file. I've noticed on a few other servers, they have a blueprint for a ship, and different credit amount from the standard starting credits. Are these mods, or do I change them in a certain file?

I'm using a server host to keep the ping lower on my server, and also keep it up 24/7.
    I'm somewhat new to the game, but I hope to make one of the best servers all-around. Any suggestions would be awesome!

I also can't seem to get the 'message of the day' to work.

Thanks in advance guys!

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Inside the starmade directory, the file called "gameconfig" holds the items and credits one starts with when they first play.
    Instructions are also within that file (as comments.)

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Check ./GameConfig.xml in the install folder

the server message is in the server-message.txt

edit : i am to slow ^^

Reaction score
    Inside the starmade directory, the file called "gameconfig" holds the items and credits one starts with when they first play.
    Instructions are also within that file (as comments.)
    thank you, but I don't see it in the config file. Can I add it in? I see NPC credits though

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    thank you, but I don't see it in the config file. Can I add it in? I see NPC credits though
    <!-- uncomment and edit the following to give the player a blueprint at the start -->
    <!--
    <Blueprint>
    <Name>Isanth Type-Zero C-</Name>
    <Filled>true</Filled>
    <Slot>inventory</Slot>
    </Blueprint>
    -->

that was at the bottom of mine. As it says, uncomment and put a different BP name in.
    remember gameconfig is totally different from serverconfig. So be sure you put it in the right one.

Reaction score
    Thank you guys! Now to actually figure out why my message of the day doesn't work.. lol I put it in, but it won't display when you log in.. Unless it's something different than I think it is?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What server is this i may come and hop on if ya dont mind ^^

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    You need to use the refresh command for the welcome, or restart the server to load a changed message of the day.

- Andy