Server Reject:this login name is protected on this server!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I was playing on a server last night just fine. Have been on the same server for a week now with no issues. Then tonight I start the game up and get this.

I followed the instructions and made an account on the website with my exact same name I use in the game(same capital letters and everything) and uplinked it in the games launcher. Logged into the server and still get the same issue.

I can log onto the server with a new name just fine. But my original name wont work no matter what I try. Would be nice to use my guy with the same name because its linked to my steam account, and my guy had all my items Id been saving up.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I was playing on a server last night just fine. Have been on the same server for a week now with no issues. Then tonight I start the game up and get this.

I followed the instructions and made an account on the website with my exact same name I use in the game(same capital letters and everything) and uplinked it in the games launcher. Logged into the server and still get the same issue.

I can log onto the server with a new name just fine. But my original name wont work no matter what I try. Would be nice to use my guy with the same name because its linked to my steam account, and my guy had all my items Id been saving up.
    I know it says that in the error message, but did you uplink your account on the launcher?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yes.

I click the "Uplink to Star-Made.org" button and type in my exact info and it does nothing. I also tried clicking "delete saved login" and typed it out again fresh and it still wont work.

Is it possible somebody just typed out my name and logged in with it because I didnt have an account on this site made or uplinked until today? Could that be whats causing the issue?

Because its odd that I had no issues all week, and then suddenly today it starts giving me this.

It seems like if somebody were to use my name though, they'd have to make an account on the website and uplink it to prevent me from being able to log back in on it though.

But I was able to make an account with the exact same name I used on the server. If somebody had done that before me, to try and steal my account and all my items, wouldn't it have told me the name was already taken?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    Is it possible somebody just typed out my name and logged in with it because I didnt have an account on this site made or uplinked until today? Could that be whats causing the issue?...
    When you did not had an uplinked acount when you did start playing with that username on that specific server than someone else with an uplinked account could grab the user from you, and prevent you from login in again with it.
    Serverplayername and Accountname are independent from each other. Everyone can login to a Server and protect for example "SmilingDemon" before i do that, without interfering with my account.
    So if you know the server admin well enough he can go and unprotect your character and you can reprotect it with your account, or you have to play with a new Character.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    So if you know the server admin well enough he can go and unprotect your character and you can reprotect it with your account, or you have to play with a new Character.
    Im in contact with the admin, but he doesnt know how to do that in Starmade. Is there a faq, or some other info that shows how to do it, for people running servers?

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Sounds like this admin command:
    • player_unprotect
      • DESCRIPTION: removes protection of a playername with its star-made.org account name
      • PARAMETERS: PlayerName(String)
      • EXAMPLE: /player_unprotect schema

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Admin just tried that and it said there was no protection on my name.

Seems like its some kind of bug.

Time to start a new character then.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    If true than that is a weird bug we have to look into !
    Are you sure he did use the right name ? it is casesensitive "Gamer" is a different player than "gAMER" for example!

Reaction score
    If true than that is a weird bug we have to look into !
    Are you sure he did use the right name ? it is casesensitive "Gamer" is a different player than "gAMER" for example!

This happened to our server last night. Uplink was disabled and we had some kids logging in as other people. When we enabled UPLINK, if someone logged in then that name was assigned to that account. However, when we try to unprotect, it says it isn't protected and no one can get in

Reaction score
    • Tester
    OK
    This is not good at all. Test indicates the /player_unprotect command is broken!

You have to shut down the server and manually modify the protected.txt file from the server folder then to set the permissions right again.
    Or delete it and let everyone log in again .. risking to have a few wrong people login in again under those names.
    Also make sure the admin.txt file contains the proper admin names and they at least are protected under the protected.txt

and do not use /player_protect either .. thats broken too.

but thanks for reporting

Last edited: