Serene Forgeworks Sci-Fi Factions

Reaction score
    Welcome all!

This thread is a duel purpose thread designed to both keep people informed about the progress of the various AI factions as well as recieve feedback and discuss design choices.

As work has continued I have recieved many questions as to what specific entities will be included, what role they will play, when they will be done, etc. I hope to answer these questions here as well as find options I may not have considered.

For those who are unaware, the current objective of Serene-Forgeworks is to create multiple AI factions using assets from established Sci-Fi franchises.

As of this writing, there are a total of five primary factions, five secondary factions, and another three tertiary factions in development. The inclusion of factions into this project is primaryily dependant on varifiiable source material and my ability to translate it into Starmade.

Primary Factions
    Star Wars - The Old Republic
    Star Trek - Early Federation of Planets
    Halo - UNSC Covenant War Period
    Mass Effect - Systems Alliance
    Gundam - Earth Federation Early Universal Century

Secondary Factions
    Battlestar Galactica - Colonial Defense Forces First Cylon War
    Warhammer 40K - Imperium of Man Navy
    Starship Troopers - Terran Federation Navy
    Tron - System Monitor Program
    Starfox - Cornerian Defense Fleet

The contents of the primary factions will be detailed below. The tertiary factions are unlikly to be completed due to lack of canon material and so are not listed. There is also a Nemisis faction which I will not be detailing here.

As always I will endeavor to upload early releases of each ship individually for anyone who would like to use them.

DISCLAIMER: All recreations are intended to funtion under AI control for use with the Starmade factions mechanic, while the recreations exteriors will be build as accuratly as possible, they are intended for PVE and as such the interior design is secondary to the performance of the recreation.
    [doublepost=1552148974,1552148348][/doublepost]OLD GALACTIC REPUBLIC
    Mining Vessels - CR-20
    Support Vessels - KT-400, Nu Class Shuttle, Dynamic Class Transport
    Cargo Vessels - Pelta Class Transport
    Combat Craft - Aurek Class Tactical Strikefighter, Chela Class Starfighter, Delta 7 Starfighter
    Capital Ships - Corelian Star Shuttle, Consular Class C-70, Foray Class Blockade Runner, Hammerhead Class Cruiser, Valor Class Heavy Cruiser
    Space Stations - Haven Class Medical Station, Golan Class Defense Station, Peragus Type Mining Facility
    [doublepost=1552149516][/doublepost]UNITED FEDERATION OF PLANETS
    Mining Vessels - Sydney Class
    Support Vessels - Oberth Class
    Cargo Vessels - Saladin Class
    Combat Craft - Peregrine Class Fighter, Various Shuttlecraft
    Capital Ships - Apollo Class Destroyer, Miranda Class Frigate, Constitution Class Cruiser, Excelsior Class Heavy Cruiser, Proxima Class Battleship
    Space Stations - Communications Relay Outpost, Regula Class Station, Utopia Plenitia Complex, Jupiter Class Research Station
    [doublepost=1552150269][/doublepost]UNITED NATIONS SPACE COMMAND
    Mining Vessels - Berlin Class
    Support Vessels - D77-TC Pelican, ONI (Redacted)
    Cargo Vessels - Mako Class
    Combat Craft - YSS-1000 Sabre, GA-TL1 Longsword, F-41 Broadsword
    Capital Ships - Gladius Class Corvette, Halberd Class Destroyer, Paris Class Heavy Frigate, Halcyon Class Cruiser,
    Space Stations - Orbital Defense Platform, Anchor Class Repair Station
    [doublepost=1552150925][/doublepost]MASS EFFECT
    Mining Vessels - Athabasca Class Freighter
    Support Vessels - SR-1 Class Stealth Frigate, Kodiak Class Shuttle
    Cargo Vessels - Kowloon Class Freighter
    Combat Craft - Trident Class Fighter,
    Capital Ships - SR-2 Class Frigate, Berlin Class Light Cruiser, Geneva Class Cruiser, Elbrus Class Heavy Cruiser, Kilimanjaro Class Dreadnaught
    Space Stations - Arcturus Class Logistics Station, Lazarus Class Research Station, Minuteman Class Fabrication Station, Cronus Class Outpost
    [doublepost=1552151399][/doublepost]EARTH FEDERATION SPACE FORCES
    Mining Vessels - Antietam Class Transport
    Support Vessels -
    Cargo Vessels - Columbus Class Transport
    Combat Craft - RB-79 Ball, FF-S3 Saberfish, RGM-79 GM Variants
    Capital Ships - Lepanto Class Frigate, Salamis Class Cruiser, Magellan Class Battleship, Ra Cailum Class Carrier, Birmingham Class Battleship, Dogosse Gair Class Assault Carrier
    Space Stations - Various Un-named

Reactions: Gasboy and Tomssuli
    Reaction score
    OLD GALACTIC REPUBLIC
    starmade-screenshot-0008.png Aurek Class Tactical Strikefighter
    starmade-screenshot-0009.png Chela Class Starfighter
    starmade-screenshot-0010.png Consular Class Frigate
    starmade-screenshot-0011.png CSS-1
    starmade-screenshot-0012.png Dynamic Class Transport
    starmade-screenshot-0013.png Foray Class Blockade Runner
    starmade-screenshot-0014.png Hammerhead Class Cruiser
    starmade-screenshot-0015.png Heraklon Class Freighter
    [doublepost=1552157420,1552157200][/doublepost]SYSTEMS ALLIANCE
    starmade-screenshot-0017.png Geneva Class Cruiser
    starmade-screenshot-0018.png SR-1
    (As a note here, the Geneva class will likely become the base for most of the Alliance ships which is why there will be few other shells until it is done)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    Quite the portfolio you've got there. Beautiful clean style, really great work. Your smaller builds are very impressive for the way you get their shapes just right. Love that Viper in particular.

Reaction score
    Thanks, when the Halo, BSG, and Gundam ships are finally detailed they won't be as smooth but I plan to keep the Mass Effect and Trek ships fairly clean in keeping with their style. As for the smaller builds remember your only seeing the released ones, early attempts at most of them were. . . unsatisfying to say the least.

Reaction score
    Finished the bottom structure of the Miranda
    Adjusted the main systems for better organization
    Added additional armor to main systems
    Replaced the Beam Phasers with C/C Phasers for better canon accuracy and greater damage
    starmade-screenshot-0074.png starmade-screenshot-0075.png

Reaction score
    A long overdue redesign of the Connys aft.
    starmade-screenshot-0055.png starmade-screenshot-0056.png starmade-screenshot-0059.png

Having developed most of the UFP design elements while working on the Miranda, the rest of the ships in the fleet should be easy to finish (exterior wise anyway). After some updating of Conny and Apollo I'll likely be moving on to the UNSC or ME fleets next.

Reactions: Gasboy
    Reaction score
    Thanks, it's just a matter of time and practice, and then more time, and then more practice, and then rebuilding your ships several times ; )

Reactions: Ael's
    Reaction score
    starmade-screenshot-0112.png

Pulled this out of the woodwork a while ago and dusted it off, still need minor tweaks to the hull and then it's on to systems, logic, interior etc. Posted to the dock today, and will probably be back for her soon, whenever I get around to overhauling the Gundam faction.

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic