Read by Council Scavenger Computer Slaves

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Very quick suggestion that came to mind. I haven't thought a great deal on this one so it could use some pulling apart.
    I can attach weapon systems to my Salvage Computer to upgrade it. Any reason why it cannot also work the other way around?

Firstly I wouldn't imagine this would work in the same manner as the others (Range, reload, fire rate etc etc)
    Instead it would provide a utility change to the system, basically allowing for alternative style weapons without entirely new weapon blocks.

Cannon + Salvage= Plasma Cannon - Projectiles do more damage but loose damage the further they travel. Making it useful for strafing runs on larger ships where you are up close and personal.

Beam + Salvage= Bore - A wide laser that does very high damage in a very short range in front, but cannot damage shields. Useful for boarding ships.

Pulse + Salvage= Concussion - The pulse wave is much larger and knocks out computers for a duration instead of doing damage. Passes though shields but does not disable non-computer blocks such as power cores and shield generators.

Missile + Salvage= Flare - A long recharge weapon that releases a flare causing missiles to target the flare rather than the player's ship.

Mine Layer + Salvage = Limpet - Releases a small device that homes in and attaches to the enemy craft, increasing its mass and slowing it down but does no damage. Expires after time. Very effective on small craft.

Last edited:

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    as how you have written it there the salvager is the master and the other weapons are the slaves.
    other than that we dont even have the minelayers yet.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Fixed the word mix up.

No, I am not talking about creating weapons that Salvage things. I am talking about slaving Salvage Computers to weapon systems.
    well fix your writing then.
    Masters are first then slaves and then effects

Reaction score
    Tbh i think that slaving a salvage computer instead would make the weapon collect scrap from every block destroyed.

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The two problems (if they even can be called problems) I can see with this right now is the lack of a common theme of the effect given by the salvage computer and the effect of a secondary moving into tertiary territory (slowing down etc.)