Planned Save the Isanths!

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol the idea of a museum station sounds fun. Having a whole station devoted to the history of Starmade as a nice thing to hunt for in game would be kinda fun. :)

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    lol the idea of a museum station sounds fun. Having a whole station devoted to the history of Starmade as a nice thing to hunt for in game would be kinda fun. :)
    Definitely! There could be more primive versions on planets run by alien creatures.

Reaction score
    I think Saber and I have agreed that the current design is far too outdated to really make good use of.
    Actually, It took me an hour but i went through the old Isanth, Gutted its interior and rebuilt it, I found that the power setup was horrifically inefficient and easily achieved a similar power output in much smaller space, Then i improved the shields and made a complete interior setup that is quite aesthetically pleasing, The Isanth-VI-A as i call it comes complete with dual jump drives, A salvage cannon, Interior Storage, And a transporter. All stuffed neatly inside that old shell, Then i wedged out the entire exterior, And i have to say now that the Isanth-VI-A rivals the Zero in design and functionality.

If Schine or you personally are interested in taking a look i can send you the Blueprint.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    As a veteran player of nearly three years at time of posting, I must say that the Isanths (VI and Zero), in my opinion, are design icons much like the classic Mini cars, and as such should be preserved and/or upgraded as time moves on. They are too iconic a design and too representative of Starmade itself to lose.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    As a veteran player of nearly three years at time of posting, I must say that the Isanths (VI and Zero), in my opinion, are design icons much like the classic Mini cars, and as such should be preserved and/or upgraded as time moves on. They are too iconic a design and too representative of Starmade itself to lose.
    This. Also, if they do get replaced will the new ones still be shaped like Star-Made's logo from a top-down view?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I've never paid the Isanths much mind, and I haven't been here long enough to be nostalgic about them. I disagree with keeping them for nostalgia and because they're the logo. They really aren't. I also disagree with keeping them as part of a faction, as they would clash with the intended styles for those factions. Isanths are old, and non-viable, and their continued existence has no purpose. If you want to keep them, make a blueprint of them and stick them in a folder so they spawn. But don't force them on the people who want up-to-date ships for the pirates and other factions. If you can come up with a reason to keep the Isanths that benefits the game as a whole, rather than to appease a few stubborn people who are unwilling to accept change, then by all means share it, as that would make a much better argument than,

You want to remember the Isanths? No one is stopping you.
    It would be updated, of course. If you mean the old pos with no wedges then yes, that has to go.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I don't see why Scavengers couldn't occasionally use Isanths. Just make them look a bit rustier, and wedge them out.

I think Zeros should go, though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you need it, could also offer an updated VI (Community content, Isanth VIc). Still wonder how the Daniel's Isanth looks like, especially from the inside. Also there are StormWing's Isanths with variative weaponry (Even Pulse Isanth VI)

As to Zero... I'm thinking of redesigning it, but still no inspiration. But we've got an updated Zero from StormWing.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Technically for updating the zero all I did was do a power update on it and try to preserve as much of the ship as I could. That said I'm going to do a total overhaul using the same design since I had to strip too much of the old interior out weakening it in ways I didn't think would happen.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I demand that the Isanth-VI retain its blocky appearance. It should have its cockpit refitted with purple crystal armor, though, to return its old look.

Let's just have it docked to one of the trade guild stations.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If need be, I actually went and made this the other day.

Isanth 6 Updated

I basically just loaded up the Isanth VI, gutted it, then refilled it. And then replaced some blocks with slopes. Overall, it doesn't look too much different.

While its not too blocky in appearance, good news! It DOES have a purple crystal armor windshield. Most of the other armor has been downgraded from standard to basic hull though, to make it take less time to kill (and perhaps help its turning ability).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If need be, I actually went and made this the other day.

Isanth 6 Updated

I basically just loaded up the Isanth VI, gutted it, then refilled it. And then replaced some blocks with slopes. Overall, it doesn't look too much different.

While its not too blocky in appearance, good news! It DOES have a purple crystal armor windshield. Most of the other armor has been downgraded from standard to basic hull though, to make it take less time to kill (and perhaps help its turning ability).
    And what about IVA? Or it kept its original internal layout?

By the way really nice hull work. But purple windglass looks a tiny bit weird for me, when I came to this game Isanths already had standard plexglass cockpits.

Also, do you have a zip of its blueprint folder? Somewhy my launcher lacks .sment extractor...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Internal appearance is a bit different, but only because you are generally looking at a different set of blocks than before (the old one has a bunch of reactor blocks as the primary thing you see around). Doors are still in the same place and can be used to access the vessel still. It may be a little tighter, but it still looks like it has some degree of internal space.

Edit: Added interior image to the ship's content post.

Edit 2: The launcher doesn't have a SMENT extractor. In the game's main menu, there is a "Tools & Mods" choice. In it are 6 things, one of which is the Catalogue Manager. That is what you use to import a SMENT file.

Last edited:

PLIX

Thats XCOM baby!
    Reaction score
    the isanth ships are the most iconic ships in the game and should be kept even just as a shop blueprint or rogue ships like the dollies (or whatever they call them i think it is a dolly but tell me if im wrong) from freelancer