Planned Save the Isanths!

Reaction score
    Saber & Criss recently on a stream said in response to a question of mine that the Isanths would not last much longer. Something i personally disagree with, I believe that the number of Isanth-Zero models should be shortened to those that are combat effective, Rather than the silly amount of useless combinations that are most likely to spawn.

Also the nostalgic Isanth-VI is almost as old as starmade itself, It remains combat effective to this day, And despite not quite fitting in with the current game it continues to be a danger to new players and would be highly desirable in Early-Game.

Isanths while not being used by any of the major factions would remain in use by pirates in a "Rusty" form meaning that the hull would be brown with splotches.

It would also have a civilian form that would be easily purchasable from trade guild shipyards.

The Isanth-VI would be wedged out and remodeled on the interior.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I agree, they can't remove such an iconic ship from the game (it's the logo ffs). They should at least keep the cannon version, since it's closest to the original.

Reaction score
    I agree, they can't remove such an iconic ship from the game (it's the logo ffs). They should at least keep the cannon version, since it's closest to the original.
    I hope that with future updates the Isanth-VI will become like the Sidewinder (Elite-Dangerous Reference) of starmade.

Reactions: Phoenix7991
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    well. I agree it will be sad to see it go. I already rebuilt an IsanthIV recently. Upgraded it substantial from the original. It does have a good bite to it in the early sections of the game. Maybe I will build An Isanth Zero now to go with it.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that has "Updated" them in the community content section.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I almost think they should be relics almost. Like junk floating between the void, or very specific set of NPCs that are crazy aggressive but not super powerful?

I wanted to call them "The Old Ones" on the stream.

Reactions: Lecic and godmars
    Reaction score
    I don't see why they can't be a part of that scavengers faction. Or a ship for a Procedurally generated one

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    lol all that really needs to be done to them is upgrade their power supply. Found sticking enough power capacitors in them will turn them into death ships again to people not paying attention. XD

Reaction score
    lol all that really needs to be done to them is upgrade their power supply. Found sticking enough power capacitors in them will turn them into death ships again to people not paying attention. XD
    Which is why all they need is a refit and to return to action.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Isanth VIs are pretty ugly, but they do deserve to be remembered as quite possibly the first real ship made in starmade, and certainly the oldest still being used. Zeroes deserve to stay in the game for sure. How about have both of them found as drifting wreckage from time to time, or in the hands of particularly poor pirates?

Reaction score
    Isanth VIs are pretty ugly, but they do deserve to be remembered as quite possibly the first real ship made in starmade, and certainly the oldest still being used. Zeroes deserve to stay in the game for sure. How about have both of them found as drifting wreckage from time to time, or in the hands of particularly poor pirates?
    I agree with some of your views above^ but Imo the VI is not ugly, It is merely old, As you said it is the oldest true ship in starmade to be still used, It was built before wedges corners heptas tetras or slabs. And honestly for its size its more effective then most Zero models to this day, I believe it deserves to be modernised and put back into use.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Agreed.
    Save the Isaniths!
    For nostalgic reasons...

Reactions: Daniel L.

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    I agree the isaniths shouldnt go there are still uses for them it was the first ship i had that wasnt skelletal i stole it from pirates and have added better electrical configs and other weapons with an extra thrust while not a true combat ship it could hold its own

Its main purpose was to land troops, boarding capital ships and hulling cargo

Reaction score
    I agree the isaniths shouldnt go there are still uses for them it was the first ship i had that wasnt skelletal i stole it from pirates and have added better electrical configs and other weapons with an extra thrust while not a true combat ship it could hold its own

Its main purpose was to land troops, boarding capital ships and hulling cargo
    :D ^ I once learned that isanth VI's are perfect for attacking pirate stations. Just make a beeline for the station, Fly into a corner where the turrets cant get you then board.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I've never paid the Isanths much mind, and I haven't been here long enough to be nostalgic about them. I disagree with keeping them for nostalgia and because they're the logo. They really aren't. I also disagree with keeping them as part of a faction, as they would clash with the intended styles for those factions. Isanths are old, and non-viable, and their continued existence has no purpose. If you want to keep them, make a blueprint of them and stick them in a folder so they spawn. But don't force them on the people who want up-to-date ships for the pirates and other factions. If you can come up with a reason to keep the Isanths that benefits the game as a whole, rather than to appease a few stubborn people who are unwilling to accept change, then by all means share it, as that would make a much better argument than,
    the nostalgic Isanth-VI is almost as old as starmade itself,
    would be highly desirable in Early-Game.
    You want to remember the Isanths? No one is stopping you.

Reaction score
    I've never paid the Isanths much mind, and I haven't been here long enough to be nostalgic about them. I disagree with keeping them for nostalgia and because they're the logo. They really aren't. I also disagree with keeping them as part of a faction, as they would clash with the intended styles for those factions. Isanths are old, and non-viable, and their continued existence has no purpose. If you want to keep them, make a blueprint of them and stick them in a folder so they spawn. But don't force them on the people who want up-to-date ships for the pirates and other factions. If you can come up with a reason to keep the Isanths that benefits the game as a whole, rather than to appease a few stubborn people who are unwilling to accept change, then by all means share it, as that would make a much better argument than,

You want to remember the Isanths? No one is stopping you.
    Notice that everyone here wants to keep the isanths but you, Not to be rude but please dont act like your the example of all players. Aside from that they arent really outdated, The isanth VI is still highly effective as a combat vessel for its size considering that wedges arent even needed aside from aesthetics and it would only take me an hour to wedge out an Isanth-VI, as for the Zero's they certaintly are modern vessels.

So please understand that the majority of players have fond memories of the old Isanth and even now it is still worthy, Just keep it five minutes of SkylordLuke 's time and it could immediately be brand new again.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Notice that everyone here wants to keep the isanths but you, Not to be rude but please dont act like your the example of all players. Aside from that they arent really outdated, The isanth VI is still highly effective as a combat vessel for its size considering that wedges arent even needed aside from aesthetics and it would only take me an hour to wedge out an Isanth-VI, as for the Zero's they certaintly are modern vessels.

So please understand that the majority of players have fond memories of the old Isanth and even now it is still worthy, Just keep it five minutes of SkylordLuke 's time and it could immediately be brand new again.
    I never claimed to be the example of all players. I stated my opinion, and left it open for others to agree. If you don't like people's opinion, then why did you bother to make a thread on the subject? I stand by my view that the Isanths will feel out of place if put into the game with modern ships constructed by skilled builders. Even if they were wedged, they don't fit the current style of building. Finally, I don't think you have a say on how SkylordLuke spends his time, but if he decides to make it his project, he'd probably end up rebuilding them from the ground up. And he'd take less than 5 minutes ;).

Reaction score
    Isanths are old, and non-viable, and their continued existence has no purpose. If you want to keep them, make a blueprint of them and stick them in a folder so they spawn. But don't force them on the people who want up-to-date ships for the pirates and other factions. If you can come up with a reason to keep the Isanths that benefits the game as a whole, rather than to appease a few stubborn people who are unwilling to accept change, then by all means share it, as that would make a much better argument than,
    Okay.

Not every single ship in the game has to be a cutting edge 100% efficient top of the line work of art. Not sure why people are inclined to think they do?

Inefficient or fledgling industries will create inefficient products. As far as SM lore goes, unless they changed things up, the area the game takes place in is essentially the wild-west. There's absolutely no reason why they couldn't exist.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I stand by my view that the Isanths will feel out of place if put into the game with modern ships constructed by skilled builders.
    So the people who made the Isaniths aren't skilled builders? The newer Isanith looks quite nice and you honestly can't expect much better for a ship its size.