Planned Save the Isanths!

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    easiest and simple way to "save" the iconic ship (RIP the iconic stations and planets and stuff) is to simply have it docked to one of the either abandoned or trading guild stations as a sort of Easter egg, that way everyone can be happy and shut up about that nice but horrible little ship

Reaction score
    easiest and simple way to "save" the iconic ship (RIP the iconic stations and planets and stuff) is to simply have it docked to one of the either abandoned or trading guild stations as a sort of Easter egg, that way everyone can be happy and shut up about that nice but horrible little ship
    I wouldn't say the Isanth was horrible, It was really in fact just about the best kind of ship you could build for its size. Afterall the Isanth-VI is still going strong combat-wise to this day and the Zero's are fine if you use the C- model and nothing else.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I wouldn't say the Isanth was horrible, It was really in fact just about the best kind of ship you could build for its size. Afterall the Isanth-VI is still going strong combat-wise to this day and the Zero's are fine if you use the C- model and nothing else.
    it's horrible in term of systems since it has not been updated since before the HP update, which is why it is rather slow and difficult to kill for equally sized ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I personally don't care of isanths but I think they shouldnt be the first default pirate ship because they are too strong when you begin the game, maybe keep them for a later stage or make a new version of the ship

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I agree with keeping the original somewhere as some form of Easter egg. It'd be a fun surprise to see it randomly sitting there (provided it has an non-consistent spawn chance).

The Zero's were a flop though. There were made to test the new weapon combos and never updated, quickly becoming just a joke. I would love if someone would make a custom faction fleet set with the Isanth design theme, but I find it hard to argue shoe-horning them back into the roadmap.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I think the Isanth should stay, it is pretty iconic after all. It should definitely be reworked, maybe a new version could be a light fighter or drone for the new Trading Guild. I like the idea of the Isanth being the 'Model T' of Starmade, cheap enough that a newly spawned player can afford to buy one at the home station.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    If I remember right there's about 40 of each module for a given computer? Should we make more and account for effects too? :P That Ungodly number of combinations. :P

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    If I remember right there's about 40 of each module for a given computer? Should we make more and account for effects too? :p That Ungodly number of combinations. :p
    Maybe if we had a new way of buying them that defined what combo we wanted without scrolling through a huge list of C--, CC-, C-P, CCP, etc.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So the people who made the Isaniths aren't skilled builders? The newer Isanith looks quite nice and you honestly can't expect much better for a ship its size.
    From what I understand, Schema and other members of the Dev team built them. They aren't necessarily the most skilled builders in the StarMade community.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    IMO sad to see em go, but not all that bad as I have my Isanth Custom. Never really had the same "nostalgic" feel from the Isanth Zero's.

Will also note, to everyone that does like the Isanth's like I do. Nothing is stopping you, or an admin from saving them and using them on their server for whatever purpose they see fit.

Still RIP Isanth. You will clearly be missed.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    All that needs to be changed about the current ones is finding a spot to add more power capacitors. Might make my own drone versions of them later. :)

Reaction score
    Old isanths may not stay in the game. But we will find a place for a new isanth that will become the new common isanth.
    I beg you to keep the old isanth, It would only need a few minutes of your time or anyone else's to wedge it out and redo the interior, I can already imagine that it would be a free filled blueprint provided to every player when they first spawn. It would become very useful considering that even now it is still quite able to take on anything near its own size, And if actions are taken to reduce gigantism the Isanth-VI could have a place in every players heart as a ship that everyone owns and is a great multirole vessel complete with a jump drive, A transporter, Basic salvage cannons, And a decent sized cargo shelf, I've tried my hand at modernizing the VI before and i am always surprised at how far you can upgrade it. It would be comparable to the Elite-Dangerous Sidewinder as a cheap vessel that everyone has and if properly used can take on anything close to it in size.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I beg you to keep the old isanth, It would only need a few minutes of your time or anyone else's to wedge it out and redo the interior, I can already imagine that it would be a free filled blueprint provided to every player when they first spawn. It would become very useful considering that even now it is still quite able to take on anything near its own size, And if actions are taken to reduce gigantism the Isanth-VI could have a place in every players heart as a ship that everyone owns and is a great multirole vessel complete with a jump drive, A transporter, Basic salvage cannons, And a decent sized cargo shelf, I've tried my hand at modernizing the VI before and i am always surprised at how far you can upgrade it. It would be comparable to the Elite-Dangerous Sidewinder as a cheap vessel that everyone has and if properly used can take on anything close to it in size.
    There are plans to dish out some isanth replacement concepts this weekend. I think Saber and I have agreed that the current design is far too outdated to really make good use of.

Reactions: Urza der Gehasste
    Reaction score
    There are plans to dish out some isanth replacement concepts this weekend. I think Saber and I have agreed that the current design is far too outdated to really make good use of.
    Perhaps you could add a museum wing to the TG hub station, That contains the Isanth-VI in it as well as all versions of Isanth prior and all up to the Isanth-X where the Zero line began, Yes i do know that those models dont exist but maybe you could make them, The older models would be easy because they would be simpler versions of the VI until you hit the original Isanth-I which would be small weak and equivalent to a player's first ship but retaining the general shape, And all versions after the VI would be essentially an advancement of the original line culminating in said line being discontinued by the trade guild and being replace by the Zero.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Perhaps you could add a museum wing to the TG hub station, That contains the Isanth-VI in it as well as all versions of Isanth prior and all up to the Isanth-X where the Zero line began, Yes i do know that those models dont exist but maybe you could make them, The older models would be easy because they would be simpler versions of the VI until you hit the original Isanth-I which would be small weak and equivalent to a player's first ship but retaining the general shape, And all versions after the VI would be essentially an advancement of the original line culminating in said line being discontinued by the trade guild and being replace by the Zero.
    There is literally no room on the station for that haha sorry. It's a good idea but we have other builds to focus on.

Reaction score
    There is literally no room on the station for that haha sorry. It's a good idea but we have other builds to focus on.
    Maybe give the TG a capital planet? But another idea perhaps would be to have the VI docked as an easter egg in the docking bay of a TG station or ship and players could either steal it or buy it from its NPC owner who would always be standing next to it and would offer a high price for his "vintage" vessel.