SATURN Shipyards -- Creativity to the Max!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    I need to get on so that i can save my ships and our base in sector -10 -10 -8

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Oh, even the TS3 Server is down. Ah well, all will be good and awesome once everything is back up after the move. Say, do you think this will change the latency much?

Reaction score
    Ok here be yer answers, it would appear the old server has gone down now (i havnt heard anything myself but its the only explaination i can think of) the new server is up and running but we havnt been able to import stuff like the whitelist/adminlist/ships/stations just yetas only skull can download them from the old server and he is having a few issues, it may take a while but ill flick through both this forum and the one on the old site and re whitelist all 200 of you guys.

Ships and stations, a back up was made of the old server so i think we can juust copy unsaved ship files across (i think, not 100% sure) stations should be the same i hope but not certain, also on ce again your saved stations will be uploaded and placed in game as soon as i have access to the files.

The IP, i will post the new IP as soon as ive refilled in the whitelist, dont want anyone sneaking in under the radar.

Sorry for the wait guys, please be patient!

EDIT1 - it would seem that the manbabe that is skull, has already sorted out the whitelist, ill post the IP and bannar nd shit bellow[DOUBLEPOST=1411800778,1411800572][/DOUBLEPOST]Ip -185.28.190.60:25606

give us a vote on the server list? - http://starmade-servers.com/server/868/vote/

Last edited:
    Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm leaving SATURN because due to a complete failure to inform, and any lack of update notification, I have once again lost valuable assets. This is the third time this has happened and I am sick and tired of it. A complete lack of 'give-a-fuck' is to blame, and I get blamed for not keeping a constant eye on the thread 24/7 and then get barraged with "nuh-uh! we told you!. No effort to ensure I knew what was happening, or even anyone else was made, and I have suffered for this complete lack of insight, so I'm leaving SATURN because I'm tired of having to start all over again everytime just because no one can inform anyone of the current situation.

You fucked up.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'm leaving SATURN because due to a complete failure to inform, and any lack of update notification, I have once again lost valuable assets. This is the third time this has happened and I am sick and tired of it. A complete lack of 'give-a-fuck' is to blame, and I get blamed for not keeping a constant eye on the thread 24/7 and then get barraged with "nuh-uh! we told you!. No effort to ensure I knew what was happening, or even anyone else was made, and I have suffered for this complete lack of insight, so I'm leaving SATURN because I'm tired of having to start all over again everytime just because no one can inform anyone of the current situation.

You fucked up.
    You misevaluate the situation.

No assets are lost, they merely have not been imported yet. Dan came prematurely again and posted the IP in hysterical actionism, so a lot of people find the universe blank and without proper setup.

Surely you will understand that we cannot keep track of every single one of 104 players via PM -- which is why we post news here and have a feed in our Steam group. We never hold back information, we never not answer questions. So if you cared about the goings-on around here, you would have indeed checked the thread regularly.
    The situation is unfortunate, especially because we only have sparse contact with our previous host as he is in psychiatric therapy and thus only at home on weekends. His server is offline right now, so we cannot get the rest of what's left there. Be assured, though, it's certainly not left behind for good.

If you leave, I cannot hold you. Be my guest should you want to stay.

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    You misevaluate the situation.

No assets are lost, they merely have not been imported yet. Dan came prematurely again and posted the IP in hysterical actionism, so a lot of people find the universe blank and without proper setup.

Surely you will understand that we cannot keep track of every single one of 104 players via PM -- which is why we post news here and have a feed in our Steam group. We never hold back information, we never not answer questions. So if you cared about the goings-on around here, you would have indeed checked the thread regularly.
    The situation is unfortunate, especially because we only have sparse contact with our previous host as he is in psychiatric therapy and thus only at home on weekends. His server is offline right now, so we cannot get the rest of what's left there. Be assured, though, it's certainly not left behind for good.

If you leave, I cannot hold you. Be my guest should you want to stay.
    104 people? How many people actually use the server Skull? I'm just tired of losing everything everytime this happens because of fucked up server imports and a lack of communication. I still haven't recovered the sector from the last time! So pardon me if I'm just a little bit irritated. I need those assets imported ASAP because I need to get them finished.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    104 people? How many people actually use the server Skull? I'm just tired of losing everything everytime this happens because of fucked up server imports and a lack of communication. I still haven't recovered the sector from the last time! So pardon me if I'm a just a little irritated. I need those assets imported ASAP because I need to get them finished.
    Admittedly, not 104 players are online all day every day. Not even close. It's just that they are there, on the whitelist, and quite a lot of them play every now and then.

Our host was generously sponsoring us with the server, but he really doesn't know how to administrate a community, even a tiny one like ours. This ends in spontaneous downtimes, lack of backups or, like now, lack of notice for anything.
    The crash, or whatever it was, happened during the transfer of files. I've got some blueprints (none of yours, sorry) and a few older sector exports. I'll rape his inbox for you.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    IGN: Ithirahad
    Faction (optional): N/A (I use the personal faction and theme "The Aethi Imperium" but am not in an actual faction. The Imperium may be expanded later, though
    Timezone / Nationality: Eastern Standard Time; American
    Pictures of completed work:

Reasons to apply: On various servers, but never a dedicated build server. I've built mostly in singleplayer, but I wish to change that. Plus, I enjoy RP.
    Extra information:
    Former Minecraft player, semi-casual Star Trek fan and casual STO player, extremely casual Aion player

Reactions: FrankRa
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I only have two works left on the old server which I need, everything else I've gotten already.

Will we be able to get on there again to save whatever we might still need? if not, I need the BP for the Tribunal_Class_Science_Vessel and the Lincoln_Class_Destroyer. That's all I have left on the old one that I didn't already make sure to backup in SMP.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Good news, folks.

I know, it looked as though we had a severe problem, but fret no more; the old server was just under prolonged maintenance without notice. Yeah, great work, server hosting company.
    Anyway, it's up again until its absolute shutdown in a few weeks. We have the universe backed up locally, so your stuff is safe.

Go ahead and join to fetch your ships and stations. Again, if you want sectors exported, message us privately.

Sorry for the hassle.

@Incap

Reaction score
    IGN:andyrock7321
    Faction (optional):Orion Research and Devolopement
    Timezone / Nationality:EST
    Pictures of completed work:N/A

Reasons to apply:My Clanmates are on this server
    Extra information:I have a teamspeak if you wish to chat with me. Thomas Jetson is my clanmate.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Sorry for the downtime, the update process has become a little complicated since the switch. Went through the steps to learn that they aren't even aware of the update.
    I'll check in again later tonight. She's running the old build in the meantime.

Edit: She's updated.

Pictures of completed work:N/A
    Why no pictures?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ah, dammit. There was a hotfix patch, and now I cant play. XI

So yeah, server's behind by a single patch.

EDIT:

Ah. All up to date now. Thanks Skull, you're awesome.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jonj57
    Reaction score
    Ladies and gentlemen, i am sorry to inform you of the death of an era.
    After nearly 2 years of service SATURN will be closing (1 - 2 months time) due to financial issues and a lack of time (yay... students -.-)
    If everyone would please save all files regularly to your local catalogs as the database will not be accessible once the closure has occurred.

Also if there is anyone out there with the time, patience and financial stability to take over the server please emailme! i would hate to see SATURN die off for good. we have built one of the best communities around, and thats not something we can just throw away.

Once again sorry for bringing bad news, i hope someone will take up the mantle of server owner.

If youre interested in becoming our new owner please email me at - [email protected]

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ladies and gentlemen, i am sorry to inform you of the death of an era.
    After nearly 2 years of service SATURN will be closing (1 - 2 months time) due to financial issues and a lack of time (yay... students -.-)
    If everyone would please save all files regularly to your local catalogs as the database will not be accessible once the closure has occurred.

Also if there is anyone out there with the time, patience and financial stability to take over the server please emailme! i would hate to see SATURN die off for good. we have built one of the best communities around, and thats not something we can just throw away.

Once again sorry for bringing bad news, i hope someone will take up the mantle of server owner.

If youre interested in becoming our new owner please email me at - [email protected]
    Let's take a moment of silence to honor one of the best servers of Starmade, ever.
    *takes the hat off*

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    anyone from saturn is welcome to PM me and I will put you on the whitelist for the NFD test server. commands will be avalible and the environment is relitivly similar to saturn. We (the NFD) are looking into hosting a second server on our current hardware to keep saturn alive.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    anyone from saturn is welcome to PM me and I will put you on the whitelist for the NFD test server. commands will be avalible and the environment is relitivly similar to saturn. We (the NFD) are looking into hosting a second server on our current hardware to keep saturn alive.
    Don't mind if I do.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Coming back from test week to this.
    Well, I'll be playing on these last days, but... RIP in peace SATURN the Third and probably the last, you were so young, never 5get... ;_;

Reaction score
    Why dose very build sever I join die first Nass (temp) then trace then Saturn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.