Status
    Not open for further replies.

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I want to know where are the rules of double post because I haven't seen it in the website rules found here http://starmadedock.net/rules/

Any author that made a post can edit his/her own post at anytime no matter what. Its not in the rules of the site. I've been warned about double posting, I just wanted to edit the wrong grammar in one of my post. Now its better that the users of this site know about the rules because its not good for a community just to make up something that's not part of the site, causing problems for the ones that paid for the game and likes to help the community out.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    I do not know if it is a stict rule. I have considered it always as bad behavior to spam double,triple or more posts.
    I think it simply not nice to everyone else using a forum. But as long as someone doesn´t spam like that all over the place i guess the warning is only to be seen as an reminder of the edit function ;)

Reactions: MossyStone48
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    accidents do happen... and I'm pretty sure most people avoid double posts, so when they do do it, they should have a reason worth listening to.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I want to know where are the rules of double post because I haven't seen it in the website rules found here http://starmadedock.net/rules/

Any author that made a post can edit his/her own post at anytime no matter what. Its not in the rules of the site. I've been warned about double posting, I just wanted to edit the wrong grammar in one of my post. Now its better that the users of this site know about the rules because its not good for a community just to make up something that's not part of the site, causing problems for the ones that paid for the game and likes to help the community out.
    This applies:

3. No spamming is permitted, whatsoever.
    The rules that currently apply, are suppose to be broad and cover all possible problems that may occur. The forums expect people to use common sense when they are on here, as well as a general forum etiquette. Staff will tell you about double posting if you happen to do it (the first time), they will not issue warning points unless you start to abuse it. If the forums had to create a rule for everything you are not allowed to do on here, it would be a very long rule list.

The rules have also been rewritten, to be more specific, they will be released when chat is released. The current rules and moderation process is enough, and if a moderator tells you that you are not suppose to do something, chances are, you are not suppose to do it.

NB: The reason for this site existing and operating in the first place, is because of the hard work of all the staff, who are volunteers. They put aside time to work and moderate the forums, write rules, terms of service, privacy policies, approve content, watch IRC, monitor the site servers, develop new content, respond to questions and a whole lot more.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Still we are denied an explanation to why zorozeenee has been banned from the forums.

Look, I'm sure that you guys are putting in the effort to make this forums a nicer place, but you can't ban someone without giving a reason, that's ridiculous. When contacting two moderators about the issue I had been turned away by one saying the topic is NDA and have not received a reply from the other.

You can't do this! Zoro has done nothing wrong, check his post history. The only thing we can think of that could have led to this is his repost of the odium pact thread which was completely understandable due to the owner of the original post being ridik_ulass ( already banned) not to mention that he has also bought the game, giving him more the the rights to know why he was banned. Everyone knows that zoro isn't the most liked by moderators but really? Banned for a month due to double posting?

This does not look good for the forum moderators, because to be very honest I've seen more then my fair share of bias-ness from them on several occasions.

Look, right now I'm afraid, for all I know I could be next in line for telling you off, because from what I understand the moderators on this forums have the power to ban people they don't like and never have to give a reason for doing so.

This is sad, very sad.

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This applies:

The rules that currently apply, are suppose to be broad and cover all possible problems that may occur. The forums expect people to use common sense when they are on here, as well as a general forum etiquette. Staff will tell you about double posting if you happen to do it (the first time), they will not issue warning points unless you start to abuse it. If the forums had to create a rule for everything you are not allowed to do on here, it would be a very long rule list.

The rules have also been rewritten, to be more specific, they will be released when chat is released. The current rules and moderation process is enough, and if a moderator tells you that you are not suppose to do something, chances are, you are not suppose to do it.

NB: The reason for this site existing and operating in the first place, is because of the hard work of all the staff, who are volunteers. They put aside time to work and moderate the forums, write rules, terms of service, privacy policies, approve content, watch IRC, monitor the site servers, develop new content, respond to questions and a whole lot more.
    So I if I edit my post its called spam now? Just to correct my grammar is wrong?

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Lol, no. Just edit the post with the mistake. Don't create a new post.

Reaction score
    jan_spaceman let it go man, no one likes the mods in this game anyway. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Last edited by a moderator:

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    OIC, let me find the topic.
    You double posted twice in imagination builds.
    Pages 4 and 5. The second incident you were the last post on page 4 and the first post on page 5.

Com101 It's a forum. On the internet. For a game. Not a land war for Europe.

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ok, good luck, jan.
    I see the time difference between the post, 5:33PM and 5:33PM. I see what you mean then. I agree with you about the double post but it was to reply to another player and the other was to show the ship review of aceface. Would you reply to someone and add a totally different thing they are asking WarSong?
    It would look pretty weird having a youtube link on a reply with another story of things to it.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I see the time difference between the post, 5:33PM and 5:33PM. I see what you mean then. I agree with you about the double post but it was to reply to another player and the other was to show the ship review of aceface. Would you reply to someone and add a totally different thing they are asking WarSong?
    It would look pretty weird having a youtube link on a reply with another story of things to it.
    Yes I would. I did so when I replied to com101 just a bit ago.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    It'd be best just to respond to everyone at once. If someone replies to your topic before you edit then you gave someone else a chance to speak. You can make a new post, no worries. Even if the new post you make isn't a comment or reply on the previous user's post.

The video is unrelated.
    Ok, there's no video.

Reactions: TheBlueThunder

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It'd be best just to respond to everyone at once. If someone replies to your topic before you edit then you gave someone else a chance to speak. You can make a new post, no worries. Even if the new post you make isn't a comment or reply on the previous user's post.

The video is unrelated.
    Ok, there's no video.
    Understood :D

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5

The devs are taking profit from the forum - in one way or the other (maybe indirect, but they do) - else they wouldn't spend time to moderate it.
    If devs would not make a forum, the community would do.

I have seen quite some forums which restrict double-posting by simply not letting you double-post. Less effort for moderators and users to remember that double posts here are unwanted.
    It is probably just a line : "createThread(...){ ... if( lastPost.user == session.user) return false ... }". If you can write either code or a (larger sentence) rule, what would you prefer?​

Whereas in other forums double posting is often used and not necessarily unappreciated to text="bump topic" something once if it gets flooded by spamy threads, or if new content is added a few days later
    Some threads I have seen were more like blogs with a few occasional comments inbetween or even locked by the op.​
    Thus I would make it simple and add this damn code line rather than give 2 warning points for a few double-posts when somebody had opened the thread twice in multiple tabs or simply wants to give others a choice for (like, agree, disagree, ...) per argument.​

The only two faults I saw with mods so far was, that
    1. WarSong started a conversation with "please do not double post" rather than "please do not double post, it is against the rules"
      • If you speak with a moderator, you do want to know when they speak with a personal opinion and when as rule-enforcers, or not?
    2. He didn't quote or link the occurrence, but recently posted "please do not double post" responding a newbe's triple-post and after I wrote something about "I can understand you did" saw the same sentence in a conversation - only 2-3 minutes later.
      • Do you know how surprised I were when I saw that I over-see the section where other participants are listed?
      • Can you feel with me getting into such a conversion after ANOTHER one did a triple post?
        • Especially when the only thread with your own doubles is on page 5 and about a week old
    And now a joke to get you away from being too serious all the time:
    If I was a little rude, please excuse it a little, I'm very tired atm.
    My only complain really is, that while editing your post, you completely removed the original text.
    In essence it renders my quote of your post a "lie" from the perspective from anyone, who backchecks the quote, and hasn't seen the original text. Mark that "lie" is in quotes, since it isn't a lie by any definition, but never the less looks like a lie.

Last edited:
    Reactions: TheBlueThunder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    1 way to be a good Administrator:
    Don't give moderator status to random guys, they make the best members go away.
    Zoro got banned and Ridik? Wtf?

Status
    Not open for further replies.