[RP] Vivacitas | Whitelist | Modified economy | No catalog

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    I have no clue when Vivacitas will be back up, at all, i have no contact with Var and i do not know if Kelesith does either.

Lets just wait it out, i hope.

Reaction score
    The issue is the server has not been properly maintained due to the absence of the host.

The primary issue here is that he is likely not aware of this issue, and we have no way of contacting him to alert him of this issue.

We have to wait for him to try playing on the server before he realizes it\'s broken.

Reaction score
    Name: Dean Starwind

Traits: Strong, Brave, Romantic, Vengeful, Stubborn, Skilled in hand to hand as well as piloting and commanding all vessel sizes, great stratgist.

Bio: Born on the small AUGMENT\'s colony Juniet 7 Dean was sheilded from prying eyes of those hating his kind, like all of the citizens of the Augments Dean had been genetically altered early in the embryonic stages making his mind and body far supirior to that of a normal human, however, when he was moved to the neutral colony on Malovo VIII by his \'natural\' pearents Dean enlisted in the space core acadamy and quickly became the school\'s number 1.

Dean had been due to wed the singer Aoi Rukia Sakura, who was on Juniet 7 for a concert when the bloody valantine tragedy happened, The bloody valantine was the destruction of Juniet 7 via three hundred nuclear missles emptied into the side of the colony\'s hourglass shell, three million innocent people were killed, the faction responsible was Morgenrate, the galactic crime sydicate under the guise of a company that would profit from war.

The war hating Dean stole Morganrate\'s prototype ship Serenity R2 during the destruction of Malovo VIII and fled before he went into freelancing, he would do anything to keep food on the table, fuel in the engines and to keep one step ahead of the deeply embaressed Morgenrate hunters, now with Serenity in the hands of the pirates and Morgenrate snapping at his heels all Dean can do is hope to get his hands on another ship and leave before the hunters arrive.

Allegiance: caring not for race or faction Dean tries to keep on both faction\'s good sides as he passs through the universe looking for work.

Initial plans: I intend to either build a small cargo vessel or work for a player aboard a mining vessel carrying items aboard for a share of the profits.

Other: docendo discimus, Dean carries with him his personal A.I \'Angel\' who is capable of touch, sight, smell, and is self aware, also he carries a special black musicbox wich plays one of Aoi\'s songs; Aimo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHpt2qikj1I

Reaction score
    The server her been down for three days now and there is no sign of the admins or the host, so bear with is while they trip over this, and fix it.

Reaction score
    I live in the same city as the person who runs the server and have been trying to contact him/her. I\'ll let you all know if I can manage it.

Reaction score
    I\'ve left him several messages here on the forums, and have never received a reply. I am not sure he logs in here anymore, or has, in the last month.

If you do contact him, let him know I\'m willing to help manage the server. I\'ve been a systems administrator for 15 years. I\'m also pretty good with cms, assorted text editors, grep, diff, and other useful tools for porting server mods over to new versions of Starmade as they come out.

Atuarre (Rowan)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Since it is Thanksgiving Week, he might be on vacation, or dealing with RL issues. I wish you greatest of luck, however, for what I would like to jokingly call \"Project -- Admin-Retrieval.\" Excuse my humor if it is out of context with the situation. :)

Reaction score
    It is known the server is down, since I have lost internet access a little while ago, I come back and this is happening, I do not know what is going on, but I urge everyone not to panic, we will sort it out soon, hopefully!

Reaction score
    It has fallen down again.

Since it ran for a little over one hour, I wonder if it tried to do a save an died because it has no disk space? Wild guess. There were no indications of a problem that it reported to us in-game.

Reaction score
    The server was up for approximately one hour before crashing down once again. See the above post for details.

Reaction score
    I have been running a private server on a dedicated machine, and will continue to do, at least until Vivacitas comes online. I will be working on designs and experimenting with server customizations for an RP server I am considering hosting. Right now, the economy is set up similarly to Vivacitas, and I have enabled blueprints, importing from local, and build-with-blocks.

There are some people from ATS TrekMUSH who occasionally log in and play there, but anyone from Vivacitas is welcome to join in. Message me your login name for whitelisting, and I will respond with the IP and port.

Atuarre (Rowan)

Reaction score
    Var is still dark.

it looks like the server may stay down for a while sad to say. Hopefully Var gets back soon and Vivacitas can keep to it\'s namesake.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    I am offering anyone who is whitelisted on Vivacitas free entry into EndOfHumanity, my own server, if your whitelisted here, PM me your name and il whitelist you and give you the IP.

Hope the server comes back up.

-Cheers, Admiralkio.

Reaction score
    *Zoom into a cell. An astronaut and a soldier are talking*

Soldier: What is your name?

Astronaut: Fumblerful

Soldier: How old are you?

Astronaut: Twenty-five.

Soldier: In order for you to be released we need to know more about you to see if you are of use to us. What can you do?

Astronaut: I can build and design ships. I can spot weaknesses. I\'m a good leader and can fight. I\'m a spy and good with a knife. I\'m a bit gung-ho and like working with a few people on tasks but I like being on my own. I like taking on small missions with a few people and seeing it through. Sabotage and recon are fun. I love fluffy animals. I am an environmentalist.

Soldier: We need to know about your history.

Astronaut: I was born twenty-five years ago. I was a genetics experiment for a super soldier. I was born like any other human but after that they put me in a lab and started playing around with my genetic structure. I don\'t remeber how. My hand-eye coordination was not optimal so I would fumble around a lot. Thus, Fumblerful.

The scientists ran many tests on me to determine my traits. They found the same things I told you. Minus the environmentalist stuff of course. Solaris would not have permited that. I was going to be made into an assassin. Then came the order to kill me. They probably wanted me dead ecause I started voicing my opinions on the mass fluffy wuffums executions. Here enters Ridext. He was the cyborg you found me with. He saved me a day ago from my death. We hijacked a Forte gunship but were gunned down by the Shredders on a Nocturne. We started heading towards Lunaris space to avoid capture but one of your ships shot first and then asked questions. Luckily we ejected in time but we were captured. This leads me here. Needless to say, I disapprove of Solaris\' methods and wished them stopped. I heard rumors that there are more people like me. They call them the Patchborn.

Soldier: Are you for or against Lunaris? If you do not like Lunaris, we will send you back to Solaris unharmed. If you are for Lunaris, we will start the immigration process.

Astronaut: For.

Soldier: If you join the military the immigration process will be faster.

Astronaut: Looks like I need some dog tags then.

Soldier: Once a citizen, what are your plans?

Astronaut: I want to hurt Solaris but save the scientists that raised me. They are my family. I also want to design ships once I retire and become a privateer for Lunaris free of charge. I only wish to keep the materials I get from combat.

Soldier: Good plans. Welcome to Lunaris. *Extends hand to be shook. Astronaut shakes hand.*

• Other: docendo discimus. I am in the west coast of the United States and play on the weekends. I am slow at typing so it will appear as though I am quite silent. I like to talk with my friend on the phone while playing so we will seem quite coordinated. I am glad that these rules are in place and I will abide by them. I have never been on a role playing server before. Thank you for taking my request into consideration. Ridext is my friend and I want him to play as well. (EDIT: First edit was removing fantasy elements. Second was adding this edit notice.)

Reaction score
    Thank you for your interest in Vivacitas, the server is still down at the moment but hopefully that will change soon!

Solaris has been doing odd things, making essentially robot brains and putting them in organic bodies, then putting them in a ship (if you are accepted you will not know this in character), creating vat grown people from scratch for the means of war(if you are accepted you will not know this in character). but your origin is a bit too surreal.. it sounds like it would fit more into a fantasy game more than it would fit into a Sci-Fi game. I highly recommend revising it.

Reaction score
    Thank you for your interest and in Joining Vivacitas!

The server being down is a try on everyones patience even mine but I encourage people to tough it out and let this bumpy patch go through with it. Me or Admiral will whitelist you as soon as we have access to the server again, at which point we will send you the info for it.

Reaction score
    It\'s been a long time with no word from Var, I hate to say it but I do not think Vivacitas is coming back online.

I ask that anyone reading this forum looking for RP go to either Admiralkio\'s server or Autarre\'s server. Vivacitas is dead.

Reaction score
    This may just be another flash but I was able to join the server at 5:40 PM Central Time.

The server\'s owner may be international at the moment but the server isn\'t dead, it\'s simply experiencing a lot of issues.

Will keep track of this to see how much longer its stays up! I\'m hopeful!

EDIT: Everything is still here. No memory loss or such. Vavilov and all that are where I left it. Currently checking out other bases to make sure nothing happened during downtime.

EDIT: SBF and everything inside of and around it is intact.

EDIT: Declaring the server revived. Happy roleplay.