[RP] Eternia [DEAD, don't apply!]

Reaction score
    Who was it that donated? I recieved $10 on paypal. If this was you, please PM me with the name used to send it so I can confirm it\'s you.

In other news.. We need about $40 more to keep the server going.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Name: Scalebros

Personality: Honest, curious, explorer,

Bio: As born on a distant desert planet, nothing happened in Scalebros life. Strugling to live day by day, fighting the elements in a burning desert, just to see another day...
    Looking up the cloudless sky in the night, Scalebros always wandered: \"Could be the much more than this?\"
    Eager to find distant planets, longing for others who shares this feeling, he finally grabbed the opportunity to leave his home in seek for distant adventures...

Plans once you\'re in the server:
    Exploring, and expanding the boundaries. Join others to bring life to lifeless planets.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It wasn\'t me, but;

I\'d like to donate, but I can only pay directly, no paypal transfering... so if ye got a Donate button somewhere tell meh.

Can I have theP back though? It\'s like... every universe needs a Burrito.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Not a good way to keep a server running. You need constant influx of people or a very strong dedicated core group. If I got in and I like it, Ill surely donate, but that requires somone serverside to do whitelisting (or at least responding to applications) more often.

I know that some of you are on vacation, but srsly, if you want to keep it running someone should be on top of this thread like white on rice.

As a side note, Ill also consider making and hosting a subdomain website for the server on my webserver, or your own domain, w/e. Again, Id need to get in and see how I like it :)

~Lid

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The few hours I spent after they launched it I loved, was some great people on and the economy system seemed fair enough.

I\'ll try my best to make people enjoy their time on the server once I am back in at least; you\'ve worked hard on this and I know that it\'s a good... \"idea\".

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    \"NAME:Senzorei

PERSONALITY:Peaceful, Stealthy, Intelligent, Easily annoyed.

BIO: Senzorei is the only individual (That we know of) of the species nicknamed \"The Sonorei\". The Sonorei are Humanoid-like species that are very similar to us.

He was found drifting in a dying ship, which life support systems had gone offline. It was most likely to have fallen victim to a pirate fleet. The data we have collected suggests that \"The Sonorei\" live in an alternate dimension and are a very advanced and intelligent species, which had been developing a new warp-drive to jump to alternate dimensions. The ship had been observed to have these components: 1x Hyperdrive (for jumping from a few sectors to across dimensions), 4x Control modules, 1x (Only) Light-influencing black hole device (Could have been used for cloaking purposes.), 1x Life support system (Generates a constant -72C temperature envieroment of gas-form nitrogen. ), 2x Anti-Matter Cannons,1x High-frequency transmitter.

POSSIBLE PLANS: Unknown, Possible peaceful activity to set up a base and return to his long lost homeworlds.

OTHER: He seems to be repeating these numbers while alone:\"7, 2, 5,\". \" ETERNIA DATABASE V2.3.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It would be great to see some of these applications reviewed, but its understandable that some of the admins have been away. Maybe add another admin in the meantime? Been itching to set up some roleplay scenarios for those interested in investigating planetary ruins/research stations.

The core crowd that is usually on is great! Would be nice to have some more of the Eternian government/military folks to flesh out the story a bit more. *wink-wink, nudge-nudge*

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Check to see if the server is updated to the latest version before updating your client! If you updated your client already, but still want to log on in the meantime, you can follow the instructions I posted (post #1265) in this thread. Substitute for the current server version which is:

Code:
    starmade-build_20130731_102551.zip

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I didnt miss anything at all In the aplication; I have ever part Its just not devided up into sections. It is also not supposed to. Think of it more as.. A transcription of an audio recording, as it was intended.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen

Personality: Determined, Persistent

Bio:

Scrixx, age 19, prisoner onboard the Hail when she burned. He remembers his past, his life, his lover, his child. Scrixx lived on Victus, enjoying his life with his family when Eternia forced itself upon Victus. Everything he cared for was lost, his wife and his child both died in the cross fire between rebels and Eternia soldiers.

Dedicating himself to vengeance he led a pirate group called the Reapers. His group was well known, feared by even the highest ranked officials in Eternia. Until one day his plans went awry and his ship and crew were captured

Hail was his home for the next few years. His beloved pirate group was destroyed, his brethen executed. Everything he\'s ever cared about has always been taken from him. Then Hail went up in flames. \"A second chance perhaps?\" he thought.

He took this opportunity to escape the burning prison ship and escaped into deep space in an escape pod. Still burning with the desire for vengeance for his family and his pirate group he aims to revive the Reapers from the ashes and dominate the universe.

Plans once you\'re in the server: Start off building a decent flag ship for a faction then gather players.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    age 15

ign screeeopia

personality brave, stratigical, and vengeful to eternia

bio Screeeopia had just been trying to go out and explore and put weaponry on his ship for pirates. eternia however saw this as a great crime and arrested him. While being taken to the closest prison he escaped and ran to try and get away. He was caught and taken to hail he stayed there for 3 months before it was destroyed but while there he learned about using strategy and diplomacy instead of raw firepower.

other planning on joining a group

plans once your in the server- i have 2 posibilitys making a faction called the deathriders or joining a pre existing one probaly joining the pre existing one

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Deathking, may I suggest adding a bit more to your bio and review the lore, maybe make it a bit longer?

Not saying it\'s bad or anything \'cus it kind of describes how you got to where you are / will be at, but knowing more about a person / personality other than \"brave and vengeful\" would be... nice? Aight?

It\'s up to you.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Character Name: Zone1135

Personality: Constantly shifting between cheerful and agressive.

Bio: Both of my parents were killed by space pirates when I was 13. The government ignored me and I was forced to raise myself. I became quite the reader and taught myself a lot about space travel. Now I drift off into the stars, looking for somewhere to call home. I might be friendly at times trading with pilots, or ruthless as I hunt down bounties.

Plans once you\'re in the server: Build a base on a planet and maybe start up a trading/bounty hunting business.

Other: Eternia

Reaction score
    Name: Lucien Llbais

Personality: Cynical, Empathetic, Bold

Bio: A former Eternia engineer and pilot forced into imprisonment in Hail, after he brutally retaliated for the death of his wife at the hands of an Eternia \"purge.\" Lucien is a skilled engineer and pilot, having served Eternia well. Now, he serves as a hired gun, fighting back against the corrupt organization that stole his life from him, and against any others who force injustice upon others. His experience working with Eternia gives him an edge, as hie knows and can easily exploit weaknesses in their ships and installations, while strategically minimizing losses for his side. A better guerrilla fighter and tactician, you\'ll be hard-pressed to find.

Plans Once On the Server: Drift and hook-up with any of numerous factions, excluding major ones (Eternia and Rebels) to earn Credits.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    IGN: Apollyon
    Character Name: Case Subject B^3-2197 Code Name: Apollyon

Personality: Cold Shouldered, Genius, Ancient.

Biography: Be warned; much of this individual\'s past is clouded by rumors, myths and fear. Not all evidence presented can be considered as fact, merely speculation.

There are no files in the central core pertaining to anything related to Subject B^3-2197 before his capture by the Eternian Empire roughly seven decades ago. Its unclear why the Eternian\'s took such a great interest in him, or what sort of atrocities he suffered at their hands. However his disposition seems no different because of it. His loyalties remain neutral for now, serving whomever offers to fatten his wallet the most.

Initially the Eternians held him for questioning, and scheduled a release, but soon cancelled that prospect. He endured thousands of tests over two decades. Records show the reason for his imprisonment to be the Gemini incident. However beyond the name, nothing is left in any military database. Shortly after the incident, a special vessel was created to contain him; Sombra. A moderate sized, self sustaining ship with a permenant cloaking capability, powered by the, then experimental hyper-cube, warped to a random set of coordinates every score of days, so as to ensure no other factions could find Subject B^3-2197.

Hail was a literal flying fortress. Designed to desintigrate any hositle targets within a hundred leagues, and habor war criminals, both rebel and priate. While much less subtle than Sombra, it\'s pro\'s far out weighed the cons. Subject B^3-2197 was transferred to the Hail soon after its creation. Still contained in his own secure ward. The only real weakness, was that the guards on Hail weren\'t made aware of the Gemini incident.

the Fall of Hail

Word slowly spread via the tap-tap-tapping of morse code on cell floors and bunks, a rescue mission was being planned. A small group of inmates planned to run for it after the ship was boarded. Word was spread from the kitchen, passed in capsules hidden in inmate\'s food. There was a mix-up, one particular tray was sent to the secure ward, and abruptly, Subject B^3-2197 would make his move. He time it, attempting a break out once the ship was hit.

The first few shots were fired, the hull of the ship groaned, alarms went off and guards scattered to their posts. The subject regained his old nickname this hour, Apollyon. It took him but a minute to trick his guard into coming close enough to be killed. After that it was a simple task of dispatching with the rest and making his way to the bridge of the Hail.

Apollyon downloaded his file from the computer systems of the Hail to his PDA and destoryed the original copy, and uploaded a virus to the mainframe, to wipe any remaining trace of him from the system. From there he made his way to an escape pod, and launched himself to the nearest planet. This was his hour.

Plans once you\'re in the server: Find Sombra, then upgrade it. Divide and conquer. Play as a bounty hunter / hired gun. Go from there. [[ I might have friends joining, so i\'d party with them, but still the plans remain the same]]

Other: Eternia, may she live forever. However on a side note, I\'d love to be included in the development team for the server. I can be sure that everyone is asking to, however I would come highly reccomended. I\'ve been an administrator on multiple large Minecraft servers. PM me y\'all are interested? I prefer to use Skype, but can get on TeamSpeak or Mumble if need be.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Name: Bright Noa

Personality: Kind and compassionate but driven and experienced

Bio (one paragraph minimum!): Was 21 when the Eternia military forced him to enrol. Swiftly climbed through the ranks, observing horrors committed by the men he had sworn to serve. at the rank of commander and the age of 29, he deserted to join the resistance, and ever since has been fighting alongside them to end the atrocities of the Eternian militaries. He has studied robot technologies and knows about rare machines named \"mobile suits\" and knows how to construct them; no opportunity has arisen as of yet, however he is ammassing resources to build a ship he refers to only as \"The Nahel Argama\" or \"the Neo Trojan Horse\"

Plans once your in the server: work on building a practical ship that can function as a dock and also a weapons platform to support other players

Other: Eternia

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I mean, I like Gundam and all, but its generally best to avoid trying to bring something from one fictional setting directly into another one. By all means, build gundams or zakus when you get in. But this isn\'t universal century, its Eternia. So it may be best to avoid calling them gundams and zakus (not that you can\'t save them to your local directory as such).

As it happens, there are two others who currently are working on mecha of some form (that I know of). It would be pretty cool to see a functional Whitebase flying around, though. Though it would have to be a relatively large vessel to have large enough interior docks to hold mecha inside (particularly as it is a catamaran and thus has two forward hulls that both have docking bays in the front).

Hmm, perhaps I\'ll put that on my to try list for when I get into the server again (seems to be down at the time of this post, maybe they are updating). If nothing else, I ought to test out how large the hulls need to be for viable use by mecha.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Since no one else is saying anything, I\'m assuming something\'s up with my end. Yesterday, it gave messages that the server was using the old version though. Now, it just hangs doing nothing at \"connecting to blah blah.\"

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, the server seems to be down. I have the same problem while trying to connect - it hangs at the connecting prompt.

Reaction score
    IGN- Rinthallion

AGE- 15

PERSONALITY- Friendly but wary of new people, Aggressive if provoked, fiercely loyal to his friends.

BIO- Born on Victus, Rinthallion demonstrated exceptional mental agility and tactical awareness from an early age and was soon at the top of his classes in school.

His mother, Elentra, made sure he was shielded from Eternia\'s baleful eye until his test records were posted on com net, where his results matched the criteria Eternia was looking for in relation to a secret research project.

Elentra was sent a message announcing his acceptance into the Eternia Academy for the Gifted, She knew this Academy was a front for a research facility experimenting with neural cybernetics in an attempt to unlock psychic potential in humans. She tried to contact Rinthallions stepdad, Jericoz, to smuggle him of the planet.

Unable to get a message to his stepfather Rinthallion used his abilities and his mothers clearance to get on board a freighter during the hail disaster. Once on board he hacked the computer, transferred funds into a ghost account and changed the manifest so certain items would be left at a trading station in his name.

Rinthallion walked off the freighter with a new identity, ship parts in his name, a small amount of credits and a universe of possibilities waiting for him.

PLANS- Track down stepfather, construct a ship and keep moving, create a new life and see what the future holds.

OTHER-Eternia