[RP] Eternia [DEAD, don't apply!]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Character Name: commanderWolf10

Personality: Funny, Good in helping, Happy, Not gonne give up!

Bio (one paragraph minimum!): i am Floris. i have a dog Calippo and a cat Lola.

i have a sister (Lieve) shy is stupid (i hate her).

i come for the Netherlands.

and i woud be happy to join eternia.

Plans once you\'re in the server: make fun build a good ship and fight with some people.

Other: making fun with people.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    For those of you who would like to revert to the previous version to be able to log onto the server, here is a method that I used that successfully worked for me:

1. Make a backup of your StarMade files if you\'re worried at all about losing anything (I didn\'t when I tested this and StarMade also has an automatic backup of your catalog, but better safe than sorry).

2. Go to http://files.star-made.org/build/

3. Download starmade-build_20130724_220543.zip (this is the version that I currently use and which works)

4. Extract the contents of the file to your StarMade folder - overwrite the files when prompted.

5. Run the StarMade launcher - check your settings and make sure they\'re to your preferences.

6. Choose the server IP from your list and connect.

Alternatively, you could use a clean installation of the version linked and transfer your blueprints.

Not sure when an admin will be around to update the server, so hopefully this works for you if you\'re itching to play!

NOTE: Don\'t try this if you\'re worried about causing problems with your installation. As long as you have backups, though, you should be okay.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    They apparently fix some pretty big things with regards to the whole lag whatnot. For a short time they had accidently put that re-orientate thing in, but that was fixed like 12 hours later (by coincidentally the patch that we DO need the server to update to use).

Maybe the admins are just busy the past few days?

Also Jnick, you STILL haven\'t fully read the rules it appears. Its pretty clear that you understand the setting well enough now and all, but there is a particular rule that we can tell you didn\'t read. Or at least, that we can tell you didn\'t read if we bin-decode your passage.

Might not be a bad idea to just do the application with normal text now for doing the final one. The posts till now show us you are creative enough to think of using binary for the app, and continuing to do so will not serve much further purpose aside from possibly annoying whoever is in charge of admitting people at present. If nothing else, it would be a poor idea to use binary for in-game chat though. It is highly unlikely people have a tool available that can translate it easily in-game, and any AI of suitablely advanced nature would have the ability to parse words into sentences. Highly structured and simple sentences that display a robotic logic to them, perhaps. But sentences nonetheless.

Reaction score
    Character Name: Jnick22

Personality: Curious , untrustworthy

Bio: I was once a experiment of Eternian origin when people were constructing Bobby AI unit blocks. Concept of fully automative servants and soldiers went into production, and I was the 2034th model ever created, very much made for just guarding and complex AI testing. I was shipped onto the Hail, used as a prison guard. When it was destroyed I was space debris until I was found by pirates. Wanting their own servant, they reactivated me just to have me as a servant. But I did, in time, get my own ship and fly away, hoping to rejoin with my crew on the Hail.

Plans once you\'re in the server: Find the Eternian Milita and befriend them to get a good position in their highest quality ship.

Other: Sorry for the second Third application, but this server seems just too nice to give up on. Eternia.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, they are probably busy - Zamborak, Damiann, and Den haven\'t been on for the past day/day and a half. Once they get back, I\'m sure they\'ll take care of it. In the meantime, if people want to hop on they can follow the steps in my post to revert versions. Xenorth tried it and it works.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    (sorry for any mistakes. it was a lot of typing)

CHARACTER: sirharper

PERSONALITY: power hungry, stubburn, Master Mind, Leader, Determind, creative

BIO: The Reporter walked down the narrow corridor and counted each door. He was running late, but it wasn’t like he was writing a report on someone the world would read about. He found himself at the end of the hall and opened the small sliding door. Inside he could see what looked like a young man staring out into space. The Reporter took in a deep breath and calmly entered the room.

\"I hear you finally wanted to file your report young man.\" said the reporter. The young man looked at him for a moment before giving the reporter a smirk and just shook his head. \"unless the guards were lying to me\", The reporter waited for a response but was beginning to lose his temper.

The young man waves his hand to a chair. \"sit....one thing you reporters don’t have is a good temper. Not everything in your life is just going to come right out\", he said and gave a faint smile. \"now....my name is Sir Harper former Second in Command of the Marikon IV. I was one of few left after the battle of Sector 9, 0, -45\". Harper took a sip from the tin cup he had sitting on the metallic table. He glanced over at the reporter and saw him scribbling out every word in his notebook. In one foul swoop Harper took the notebook and sat it by him. \"Look here reporter!......if you want to know my story your going to sit there and pay attention.\" The reporter was shocked and gritted his teeth, but he knew if he tried anything then his story would be gone. Harper gave another smirk and rested his back against the wall, \"Now where was I...ohh that’s right. Now my Commander had us hunting down a pack of pirates that have been robbing our mining facilities for quite some time. You see they have sent so many requests for help, but no one would answer. Well if you knew my commander you would know he jumped right on the opportunity to look like a hero.\" he couldn’t help but smile as memories of his command ran through his head. \" you see when we were on our 8th day out we almost gave up....that is till we wound a ship we damaged in a past conflict. After sending a crew to examine the wreckage we found the directions to their base. Rather than call for back up we thought that it was our right to take on these pirates and show them what happens to thieves.\" Harper paused for a moment and looked down at the ground. \"that’s how it was suppose to go....\"

(meanwhile in other parts of the ship) the sound of alarms began ringing through half the ship as pilots dashed to their fighters. \"ALERT ALERT PIRATES INBOUND!\" lasers were being shot in all directions as ships with strange symbols dropped heavy payloads on the vessel. A trooper flew through the wreckage of his squad as he continued to hunt down this new threat. he continued to fight with all his might as one after another new ships came and with every shot his shields dropping. \"This is Remaining trooper from Blue squad. Is anyone still out there?!\" the trooper yelled. For the longest time there was no answer. Then suddenly his headset crackled to life. \"Son this is Commander Yarrickson.....im sorry my boy but your all that’s left out there. Get out while you still can.\" The trooper looked down as the main ship continued to explode. \"n-No sir im a trooper of eternia! We never surrender!\" he yelled and dove back into the burning infurno with gunz blazing as he began his finals moments as the last soldier of battle. \"For Eternia! and for my fellow troopers!\"

...transmission lost....

(Back with Sir Harper)

Harper gazed out into space as a eternia fighter crashed into a Destroyer surrounding the Prison. The massive ship began to lose stability and began its plummet into the planet below. His gaze went back to the reporter who looked as if he was looking at his final moments at life. \"My apologizes i get a little destracted. So as i was saying the pirates. We went strait toward their base. It turned out to be on a small planet. They were hiding on the planet surface with simple civilians. My commander was stumped. I mean what would you do? In one hand you can send soldiers, but then you would be trapped in guerrilla warfare and many of our own men would die, or call off the entire hunt and leave the civilians to their doom. We ended up invading the planet....I was part of the first wave of men to drop down on the planet. In moments we found ourselves taking casualties left and right. Soldiers i knew were dieing and i couldn’t do a thing about it. This kept up for months. Crewmen found themselves covering several positions as more men were being sent down to hunt down pirates. Was it worth it? If you ask me...no. Finally we found ourselves retreating from the planet. That is when it happened....From the depths of space, ships with strange markings attacked the Marikon. The main deck was first to be hit. Our ship found itself without a Commander.\" Harper took a moment and rubbed his eyes and gazed out at the carnage outside. \"I was placed in command and ordered for complete eradication and retribution of these pirates and the planet.\" Harper\'s gaze grew dark with hatred. \"After fighting off what little the pirates had left for ships, I turned my attention to the planet. Too many men died on that planet. If those civilians truly loved eternia then they would have assist us, but no they instead protected them....so i did what all commander would never do.\" He stood up and walked over to the reporter and looked down at his with both fists clenched. \"I nuked the planet until there could be no readings of life. They have made their choice and they chose the enemy. That is what i call retribution sir!\"

\"But....but that’s inhuman! Its a mad mans choice!\", said the reporter. \"If you are who you say you are and if you care about your men do you think they would want this?!\"

Harper’s anger grew as he lifted the reporter from his coat. \"that would be a good point....BUT THEN EXPLAIN WHY ETERNIA SAT THERE AND DID NOTHING!\" He tossed the reporter back into his seat. \"Now you have your story....you now how one Commander found what he must do. How if mankind is to survive there must be strict punishment. That\'s why i believe this is fair punishment for placing me in such a hell hole for saving so many future lives.\" Harper dragged the reporter over to the window and pointed out the window at all the wreckage and people escaping their cells. \"now...you are the only one who many leave with your life. Tell your story as i will be back and eternia will know retribution for its crimes....\", and with those last words the door opened and men ran up saluting him.

\"y-your telling me you planned this?! one man cant do all of this! you will be stopped Harper. Your madness will find its end.\" the reporter yelled as he clicked a small button in his pocket. He then pulled out the device with a grin. \"Now....now eternia will know the truth. They have been listening to you Harper. they know your just a mad man wanting power!\"

Harper stopped and turned around. \"You think I did that all on my own? Ohh sir you give me more credit than you should. I placed the idea in the men around here. All I needed to do....is wait. A shame sir....you should of just made me think you had to write the story.\", he said and gave the reporter a glare. Then in one smooth motion he took a pistol from one of the fellow jail mates and shot the report over and over again. \"Im sorry....but eternia will burn. That I promise you.\"

PLANS ONCE YOUR IN THE SERVER: To begin rounding up my crew and begin the construction of a new force thats main goal is to give cold justice and to fight back against eternia.

OTHER: eternia

Reaction score
    Heh, well yeah,,, right time to actaully do stuff as an admin, sorry about being gone for that long. I ended up taking a break from Starmade, I kinda hoped that Zam could have taken care of the some other things for the server, guess he was also gone. Anyway the server has been updated now, so if you updated your client you should be able to connect now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve been accepted, right..? A few weeks ago; but I haven\'t recieved the new IP ._.

Reaction score
    I received a double post about me being impatient, but no IP or coment/message stating I havent been accepted.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Character Name: Lidren Tychus

Personality: Operative, friendly but unmemorable, brilliant

Bio: Born to priveledge, Lidren was also blessed with mental and physical perfection, no superhero, simply in the top percentile. This made him able to pursue a career in particle physics and starship engineering. During his schooling however he was picked up by an intellegence service, his social ability not being as atrophied as his peers.

Currently being briefed on the Hail Incident. He expects to be deployed to that area soon, but knows not wether he will be undercover, or deputized and visible. Generally a good hearted man, he will *try* to limit collateral damage, but as a trained operative knows that he will likely fail in that if succeding in the mission.

Plans once you\'re in the server: Construct a multi-role stealth corvette, hunt, find a team.

Other: Eternia

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    but i havent got any ip either this server still looks inactive for me :/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Try to catch one of the admins while they\'re online, I\'ve played on the server and such before it \"restarted\", but I\'ve been gone for 2-3 weeks and the IP changed.

Reaction score
    I\'ve been on vacation, and so has Den. Damiann is the only admin left for now. Please be patient, one guy can only do so much.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    MEHEHE, site sometimes doesn\'t show people\'s comments so I look like a real burrito when I coment things ,_,

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Character Name: canacx

Personality: shy, keeps to him self

Bio: Canacx was a man who at one moment was a member of the eternia military after seeing the injustices being done to others he led a mutiny aboard the ship known as the calico he captured the ship but was then forced to surrender he surrived because he was a brilliant tactician that was 20 years ago he is still on Hail waiting for a chance to escape

Plans when you get on the server: DOWN WITH ETERNIA

other:Eternia

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Character: OverlordPain

Personality: Vengeful, Highly regards honor over all else, Sarcastic

Bio: After the Hail incident occured I found myself with no true destination.I decided I would seek revenge on those who dared to indoctrinate me. I was falsely imprisoned for \"overthrowing\" and \"resisting\" my master, he was a cruel pitiless creature whom i disagreed with on many occassions. He was the pilot of a Destroyer class ship. I am reported to be dead. I have nothing left to lose. He has not seen the last of me. The Eterina military will be hearing from me shortly. Expect me.

Plans once you\'re in the server: Develop a small squad with devastating ships and seek revenge on those who have imprisoned so many of us.

Other: Eterina

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen

Name: TheBlindSniper/Blind

Personality: Diplomatic, Sarcastic, Serious when required

Bio (YOUR CHARACTER) (one paragraph minimum!):

After escaping for Hail I was picked up by a group of pirates. I spent a few years with them, raiding ships, trading, and mining the odd asteroid or abandoned ship floating aimlessly in space. We were couter-attacked one day, a rare occurence, and the tiny fleet was almost entirely destroyed except for myself and a small shuttle, lucky again. That shuttle was enough to get me to the nearest planet where I got a job to raise money for my very own ship. In that time I made friends that wanted to join me off planet. Once I had the money and a ship I, with my new friend, headed off to get revenge on the people who killed the pirates that had become family.

Plans once you\'re in the server: I\'ll likely become a vigilante/mercenary or trader after that

Other: I know my way around Starmade very well. I have also spent a lot of time on private servers in the past so I know the proper ettiqutte.