Release Candidate #1 (0.135)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

Thank you for your patience, and for sending in all those reports. Also a very special thanks to the testers, and server admins supporting me!

If there are no bigger issues. This build may be released tomorrow or the day after. There of course still are some minor issues, but in this state it should be fairly stable for most players. I'll still try to fix those bugs of course after releasing.

Here is the changelog for this build:

- possible fix for framebuffer error happening on some hardware when using shadows
    - fixed another inventory merge bug (when changing slots while server is still subtracting blocks from building)
    - personal shop permission should now cover all shopping transactions
    - fixed AI not shooting at objects (especially turrets)
    - fixed serverAI transmission not being in synch (lead to heavy rubberbanding and server/client position differences of AI ships)
    - fixed permissions to edit AI config (admins can now edit objects by selecting them and open the AI control panel)
    - fixed possible source for segment(chunk) errors: server took re-requests of segments which hints at a synch error

You can download the build here: http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20140313_183713.zip

(to use that please extract that file into a folder named "StarMade" and put a launcher in the directory below: e.g. if you extract it to c:\users\schema\games\StarMade, the launcher has to be in c:\users\schema\games for it to see the installation)

(The username and password is "dev". The link will be working around 15 minutes after this news post)

This version will be installed on play.star-made.org:4242 to test.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    How perminent are the new thrust calculations? I have ships that have WAY to much thurst now that they can no longer fly and fight and other ships that are now really sluggish. Most ship designs will probably need changes made to their thrusters.

What exactly changed? Thursters used to act like power generation and were more efficient in strips, are they better in large clumps now?

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I didn\'t really change anything purposefully with thrust. There may be some correcting things that have caused this (wrong calculation in another place fixed).

The calculation itself is not permanent at all and will be balanced

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    the changes you point out with thrusters are simple. The Thrusters ar currently working as though they were Power Regeneration Block, so making a box reactor or similar to the power on a stealth ship, will produce increased thrust.

This is unconfirmed as a Bug or a Feature, however has been in pre build since around pre build 0.132 or earlier

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I guess that confirms our suspicion it was a bug, although it was an interesting thing to mess with while it was in pre :D we made some Warp drive ships with high max speeds and crazy thrust amounts!

I admit we were on the fence over if was a secret feature ;D

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I did a quick test with three \"ships\" A single line of 10 thrusters gave me 13 thrust, 2 lines of 5 gave me 12 and a block of 10 (2x2x3ish) gave me about 16 thrust. So you do seem to be getting much more thrust based on solid blobs instead of box dimensions. One of my first ships which had large engine clumps now has 2.3 times it\'s original thrust (so much extra power drain that I cannot even fire while moving) and my new ships which use a checkerboard patern of thrusters and power now seem to have less thrust.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I crunched the numbers on one of my ships that uses the checkerboard system. It has 63% of it\'s original thrust (26545.6 vs 41519)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yay, a release candidate! Now fix system borders booting people out of gravity, derpy thrust, NPCs unloading and not reloading, and not being able to switch from the AI panel to the inventory panel without switching to a different tab first, and I\'ll take it as a release.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ...Aww, now I don\'t get to just disable pirate AI instead of fighting them, and I don\'t get to temporarily resurrect dead pirate ships to fight for me...

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    \" - fixed another inventory merge bug (when changing slots while server is still subtracting blocks from building) \" Does this mean we will no longer have that anoying problem where people buy 1 L5 and 10,000 dirt and turn all the dirt into L5s?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I tested this bug in 0.134, and found a way to recreate it 100% of the time. I can confirm it is gone using that method entirely, however using a similar one you are still able to dupe, however the chances are low (with a stack of 100,000 I was able to dupe 253 in total, and at one point I lost over 7,000) I sent AndyP a method to reproduce this