Recognized Regarding turrets (logic control)

Reaction score
    Some things that i think would be really nice to have:

• the ability to reset the turret facing with logic inputs (the auto reset and structure tab reset is neither enough nor satisfying)
    • the ability to activate the ai on a turret with logic inputs
    • the ability to select the firing mode (fire at missile/all/selected target) on the mothership, best case also by logic input
    in addition:
    • small turrets could use a small tracking speed buff, (mass dependent tracking speed could be also used to help to balance the old big ship vs small ship problem)
    Possible solutions:
    • the rail turret axis can receive a logic signal, when receiving a low signal the turret would reset and all AI blocks on that chain would switch off and vice versa.
    • similar to the rail speed controller the turret axis block can be linked to multiple activators (multiple inputs would be possible)
    • A new control block that links to (multiple) turret axis blocks controlling the AI and turret reset
    • something i haven't thought about.

Why would that be nice to have?
    1. retractable turrets without logic reset and ai activation will be unnecessary wonky
    2. controlling things with the structure tab does not feel to fit the current philosophy of starmade
    3. ease of use... i am lazy

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Important addition: factionizing every rail entity automatically whenever the mothership is loaded (like it was before).

Reaction score
    Stick with

See? If you woulda let Thalanor make this suggestion we would have it already! ;)

Yes. Yes! and Hell Yes! to your suggestions.
    I am honestly hoping that this was already planned or even getting implemented in the patch (every dev build i tested if something like that is possible).
    From my view it is a logical conclusion that we get something like this as so many controls from panels (the very old weapon sliders) got converted into in game control with blocks. The 2 major suggestions (turret reset and ai activation) are already somewhat implemented in the game (turret reset by pressing "c"/ai reset after 30s and ai activation with the old turret docks).

Reaction score
    I concur.
    For the AI on/off, I'd really be happy if even as a bare minimum they just made it so when you entered a turret it went into bypass instead of turning it off. It was a real hassle even with the old system.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    good news - this is already in the game :)
    The problem is that it unfactions when undocking, which is a bit problematic for drones :p. I haven't tested it out, so it might work by having a faction module on the docked entity.

Edit: Actually, it doesn't unfaction, even if there's no faction module on the entity. I don't know if it's a bug but hopefully it won't get fixed.

Reaction score
    Bump for simply a logic block connected to a Bobby AI activates / deactivates the turret. Use wireless modules and inner ship remotes... win.

Reaction score
    Recognized! Yay! :)

As we currently do not have a way to remotely activate the turret AIs and i expect that to return, i hope that at least part of those suggestion could be implemented along the way.

Reaction score
    This.

Turret sets to take full advantage of power output and at the same time specialized to roles?

"Disable their shields. Stop them in their tracks. Still not dumping their cargo? Enable the siege guns."

Also, having a third option to prioritize targets in descending or ascending order of mass would be great...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Necro this please, cause i have a capitol ship where some of the turrets, i want to be able to retract to service, and can we add a salvage option to turrets? as this would be amazing rather than sitting in a turret doing nothing, maybe force players to have a crew for every say 10 turrets, with 1 turret controller controlling the turrets, so the turret controller would be the Ai for the turrets, how about that