Red Shift (#1 On the official list!) - NO LONGER ACTIVE!!

Reaction score
    Ah, you continue with the same idiotic reasons in what looks like a multi page essay. I should have you write all my reports.

Seeing as arrogant as you still are, everyone speaks and no one knows everything, Mr. Perfect. And if you couldn't care less about me then just do what smart people do: ignore.

Your problem is spending $200/mo. Just a waste of money imo. And the community can't grow unless it has something to grow with besides the changes StarMade makes. Guess we'll have to look to servers with better management...
    You continue to show your ignorance... Where did I claim nobody else knows anything?

If my reasons are "idiotic" then I guess it's time for you to explain how you would overcome them all. Let me know when you come up with an actual valid, well thought out answer to the various problems that are "idiotic."

As for the cost of the server. That's because I don't run on cheap VPS servers that run like a snail. When I host servers I pick good hosts and high end hardware. Then I spend the time, effort and skill needed to optimize them for their task, secure them and then keep them as stable as possible. I have more work in the RS management programs that some small games. You can feel free to find another server as if RS ever comes back you'll be the first person I blacklist.

As for the community growing, it requires more than just hundreds of servers. Even when it had hundreds of servers the game was bleeding players due to changes and instability. I can't solve that solely on the end of the server. If all it took to make a big game was a ton of servers then I have an account on Azure. I can throw up a few hundred servers in minutes for a game I made in 2 days... It doesn't mean I'm going to have a million players buy the game...

Few things wrong here, 1st. how is spending 200 on a server a waste of money when he wanted to host it in the beginning... 2nd. I myself have visited Koderz srver when it was still active and it had some good management.
    With you wanting something to ignore heres a news flash: Why not you gtfo the thread?
    You read my mind...

cant help but wonder if these 2 are secretly friends stirring up conversation. =p

and jumpsuit you were 6 yrs old when rs was out boyyyyyyyy
    I assume you're talking about Obi and I. I guarantee you I'm not his friend. I couldn't care less if he stopped responding. It's just funny watching his ignorant responses.

Maxajax

Praise the Omnissiah and strike down his foes
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ah, you continue with the same idiotic reasons in what looks like a multi page essay. I should have you write all my reports.

Seeing as arrogant as you still are, everyone speaks and no one knows everything, Mr. Perfect. And if you couldn't care less about me then just do what smart people do: ignore.

Your problem is spending $200/mo. Just a waste of money imo. And the community can't grow unless it has something to grow with besides the changes StarMade makes. Guess we'll have to look to servers with better management...
    Sorry for necroing this thread yet again, but after reading this shit I didn't really have much of a choice.

Starmade was even more nightmarish to host than it was to play. The only thing that kept people going was the raw promise that the game had, and dedicated admins like Koderz and Pepper. As someone who spent years playing on Red Shift after the Dutch server went belly-up, I can say with 100% certainty that it was a fantastic server with a vibrant player community and great staff, and you have no right to downplay the effort that those people took to make it the best server out there in it's heyday. Which it was. That is beyond dispute or debate. Certainly for pedantic fools who never played on it yet think they can give people like Koderz shit.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Sorry for necroing this thread yet again, but after reading this shit I didn't really have much of a choice.

Starmade was even more nightmarish to host than it was to play. The only thing that kept people going was the raw promise that the game had, and dedicated admins like Koderz and Pepper. As someone who spent years playing on Red Shift after the Dutch server went belly-up, I can say with 100% certainty that it was a fantastic server with a vibrant player community and great staff, and you have no right to downplay the effort that those people took to make it the best server out there in it's heyday. Which it was. That is beyond dispute or debate. Certainly for pedantic fools who never played on it yet think they can give people like Koderz shit.
    Ok lol