Read by Council Rail Docker Range Increase and Wide Beam Option

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ok, so this idea is to double or triple the range of the rail docker and to also give it a "wide beam" option, which is used when right clicking. The wide beam would allow a person to shoot a beam that grabs rails using a 3x3 area (or perhaps larger even, like 5x5), rather than 1x1.

The reason I suggest this is because I have been having a heck of a time with boundingbox lag. Every time I try to dock one of my ships that is decently large (but not insanely large, like 65k in weight), I have to get so close to my base that I hit the boundingbox area of the base and my computer slows to 1 or 2 FPS. It makes it a nightmare every time I want to dock. It really lags anyone near me, and also produces some lag for everyone else on the server. And for my decently large ship, which is over 900k in weight, it can take me 20 minutes sometimes to dock it. This really drives me crazy. If I could just have a bit more range on the beam and the option to shoot a wider beam, then this would really help out, I think.

Thanks again for you time.

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I believe that the range can be increased in the config file, so you should contact your admin about that.

Also, wouldn't the better solution be to fix the actual problem (bounding box lag)? I can see reasons why the devs wouldn't want to extend it any further than it already is (mostly gameplay reasons).