Quick removal of blocks

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    There should be a way to delete all of the blocks that are of the same type and are touching each other, so if you are filling in a ship and all of a sudden this happens:

(no thats not a new ship im making, its months old)

instead of having to set the adv build mode to the needed x-y-z, set the removal filter (if the ship's hull has a shape more complex than the picture above), and then removal mode to delete that, all you have to do is do [insert-any-key-here]+RMB to get rid of all of that in one click

this isnt in the game yet right? i didnt check the forums for a while

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    We already have remove replace filters in advanced build mode which answers most of the need...
    but maybe?
    Right ctrl + RMB= Recursive remove
    Right ctrl + LMB = Recursive replace with active block

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    The undo function? But undo doesn't work if you restart the game. So I guess if you could define an area that would deconstruct large swaths without causing the game to lockup on you, and add a block filter to limit what types of blocks are removed from the defined area.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Thing is, doing [somekey]+RMB on the "system brick" would take less time than going to advanced build mode, setting the block filter, setting the x-y-z(so it doesn't delete the systems on the inside) and then removing it

Reactions: spunkiethefirst
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ah I see. Yes it shouldn't be too hard to have left shift and right mouse button remove all blocks of the same type that are touching , similar to attaching weapon groups to a computer using shift and v.