Quick, easy, small arms ideas

Reaction score
    Some quick ideas relating to small arms.

1. Limit it so only one weapon of each type is allowed per inventory. Having 10 snipers on you and gunning down anything in your way is OP, but totally allowed at the moment.

2. Personal force field. Currently, astronauts are really, really pathetic. A sniper kills them in about one hit. A personal force field simply acts like a shield. What it does is that when you activate it on your hotbar, it absorbs 500 hp's worth of damage and then has a 60 second recharge.

3. Personal radar jammer. I know this has been suggested many, many times, but it's critical to astronauts that they aren't allowed to be seen from a distance and shot to death.

This would really go a long way towards making boarding parties viable. Thanks for reading.

Reactions: kiddan

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Limit it so only one weapon of each type is allowed per inventory. Having 10 snipers on you and gunning down anything in your way is OP, but totally allowed at the moment.
    I don't think this is fair at all. In the real world you can also load multiple guns and grab the next when empty if you don't have time to reload.

I do agree on your second and third ideas though! A personal forcefield would help counter multiple snipers. And a personal radar jammer would fit in well with the torch beam and boarding parties who want to hide spies.

Reaction score
    I don't think this is fair at all. In the real world you can also load multiple guns and grab the next when empty if you don't have time to reload.
    Here's the thing, though. You can't compare 21st century technology to Star Made's technology. You can do that, yes, but think about it:
    A sniper in our game can shatter a 1x1x1 meter block of solid rock. That's comparable to a small cannon in today's world. Nobody alive can carry 10 elephant guns around with them.

It's not fair, nor realistic that someone can make a 10 round automatic death machine.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I think a personal shield should at most provide shields equal to your max hp. That way, you essentially double your health. Then, you can have power beams recharge other astronaut's shields. This encourages team play, which I think is good.

Putting a tool/weapon in the hotbar could have a moderate cooldown before you can use it. That would at least limit the sniper spam to a hotbar of sniper rifles, not an inventory full of them. Someone with nothing but sniper rifles is really good at a distance, but their overspecialization may hurt them if they can't quickly switch to a short range weapon when someone sneaks up on them.

You could also add:
    • Body armor - add a % armor and maybe some armor HP to your astronaut. Works like regular armor blocks on ships, but for astronauts.
    • Stimpak - Short boost to speed for a time, then a small speed debuff
    • Grenade- explosive that arcs and explodes on the first thing it hits, dealing AoE damage

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'd also like to point out that this is a ship game.

Ship > sniper

The point is not to go around in astro mode, the point is to build ship. With ship, the sniper problem is easily negated. :p