Question about "double posting" (reply concatenation)

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    DukeofRealms @moderators,
    Not sure if you stopped by yet, but me and some boys are trying to make a tutorial thread: StarMade University. We would like to break its lengthy topics in various postings/replies for easier access, but the SMD application keep concatenating the whole thing.

1. Is any way to stop this behavior?
    2. How long I have to wait till the effect expires and I'm able to do brand new "reply"?
    Thanks and kind regards.
    - klawxx
    [doublepost=1549559856,1549559772][/doublepost]alterintel

Groovrider

Stike7g5

...help =)

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    If you're talking about post merges, then its likely as a result of the Edit window timeframe. Dont think theres anything you can do about it other than wait until that window has passed (try editing an older post and it might say how long the window for editing is).

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    If you're talking about post merges, then its likely as a result of the Edit window timeframe. Dont think theres anything you can do about it other than wait until that window has passed (try editing an older post and it might say how long the window for editing is).
    I tried to wait almost an hour (57min) and it still did the double post thing...

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I think you have to wait an hour or so before making a new post for it not to merge.

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    Huh. Maybe its different on different subforums, or they just did away with it?
    If no moderator answers I think I will just create another SMD user and keep posting by alternating between them... maybe delete the posts from the "support user" after finishing... hehe

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    If no moderator answers I think I will just create another SMD user and keep posting by alternating between them... maybe delete the posts from the "support user" after finishing... hehe
    I think as far as your "university" thread goes, why not use the current one for collection of info and proofreading by other users, then post a clean one of just the refined info posts later on?

Reactions: klawxx

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    I think as far as your "university" thread goes, why not use the current one for collection of info and proofreading by other users, then post a clean one of just the refined info posts later on?
    I was afraid that someone could get angry; that I was polluting the forum to much or something. But sure, if it's not an issue, why not?

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    I was afraid that someone could get angry; that I was polluting the forum to much or something. But sure, if it's not an issue, why not?
    if you were making a thread to discuss each and every section, then i could see an issue, but a single thread to do so for the purpose of making a streamlined, useful thread... only a numpty would have issue there. plus im sure you can always lock the old thread once done with it to prevent any confusion.

Reactions: klawxx

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    I've turned it off for now, just @ me again when you are done. Might get rid of it later on.
    W00T. Ty, boss! I will try to edit this during this night. will @ you in this thread after I finish there.

klawxx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    DukeofRealms

Thanks for for the help. I have finished posting what I had at hand and will start to work a bit more slowly now, so you can enable back the post merging functionality if you want.

I'm not sure if its an issue, but do you think its possible to lower this timer? maybe to like 10 or 15min? That would probably make things easier in the future.

Kind regards.